Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what end of season bargains did you bag?

Poster: A snowHead
A pair of Scott salopettes for £47 reduced from £125 I think, plus found the matching Scott jacket in Tignes with 40% off, was 200 Euros reduced to 120 Euros so about £100. Complete new outfit for £150 abouts Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Really happy with mine.

Rossignol Bandit B-Squad carbon pro (what a name Wink ) boots for £145.

Really looking at a pair of armada alpha's on freeze pro shop for £200 down from £450 Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There always seems to loads of lovely boots in the end of season sales, esp. on mail order, its such a temptation to order a pair, yet I know better than that and that they have to be properly fitted even if they are lucky enough to be your shell size. I wonder why you don't see deals like that in places that offer a fitting service.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Two large Dakine roller bags from Fleabay, different sellers but 1 for £87 the other for £94 instead of £120. Chuffed with that as our luggage fell apart this season. Little Angel
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If I'm honest, I'm not to fussed if they've been tried on as the RRP of the b-squads is a lot in comparison with how much I paid, I'll just have to deal with the verucas Wink

could do with a couple of dakine rollers Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I got my line prophet 100s with demo bindings today for £250, fatter than i wanted but in excellent cond. Its going to be a long summer before i get to use them properly!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Head Titans just ordered for next season.... i swore i wouldn't order skis on spec again but they do sound good... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, sounds like there is a bit of a buzz around those titans so should be easy enought to shift on ebay if you don't like em!

are you still interested in the SX11s? I know I haven't exactly been proactive in getting that sale through but if you're still interested I can delve into my attic and check condition a bit more closely
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, I really like my magnums so i am guessing a bit of a fatter magnum will be a nice ski... i ended up driving to france during the volcano thingy and brought my daughters miss demeanors back with me so probably not... They might be a bit of a handful for her L1 course in the fridge and am now thinking of getting her some all rounders instead for next season...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, fair enough - the SX11s are quite a lot of ski esp if you don't have much room to get some speed up
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno, yeah i was wondering about that... a really great skier i was with last season recons he was faster on those than full blown GS skis... might be too much for plough parallel demos
wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
for next year, Volkl Kendo are getting some very good press. I would test them as soon as they are available, but I'm afraid if I did I'd have to buy them.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Patagonia Primo Down jacket - €120 reduced from €550 in tacky maxx. Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
Head Peak 88s (plus the Supershape Magnums picked up earlier in the season) Smile

You know Rob that if you want rid of the Magnums or want to go the Titans route like skimottaret, I'm sure I can find a good home for them in Austria!! wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Some half price Hestra Alpine Pro leather gloves bought in Sports 2000 in Val T €45
ski holidays
Some gnarly White Dot skis for free!! (or nearly at the EOSB raffle) Smile
latest report
Sleipnir, Titans on order, but I think I'll keep the Magnums for BASI duties Smile
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
Sleipnir, Titans on order, but I think I'll keep the Magnums for BASI duties Smile

Spoil sport!!!

You know that two many pairs of skis is bad for your health.......or is that wealth!!??? wink
snow report
got a LaFuma lined jacket for 30% off in Mottaret - not quite what I THOUGHT I was looking for [wanted just a shell], but after a week of wearing it I have been really pleased with it. Appeals to me as has all the lovely weather sealed pockets and super warm hood, and a powder skirt snowHead . Very happy.
snow report
A pair of Salomon Streetracer 800s in 156cm. Stop laughing. They were free of an instructor at the local dry slope. Blagged a pair of S830 bindings off him for a tenner. Bit of TLC on the base and edges and jobs a good 'un! They'll do for the dry slope or fridge. Might even take on junior in the gates once he's over his broken foot - don't fancy my chances though!
snow report
A NIKE ACG shell jacket in a very suttle shade called 'electric orange' for £35 in TKMaxx. Plus, just picked up, a pair of Storm Rage with bindings for a very good price Cool
snow report
anarchicsaltire, you looked very dashing in your new jacket. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Hurtle, I was looking for quiet, reserved (like me) and cooler rolling eyes for warm weather skiing.

But ended up with loud and cheap!
snow report
anarchicsaltire, Laughing

I also admired the jacket, by the way snowHead
ski holidays
anarchicsaltire wrote:
Plus, just picked up, a pair of Storm Rage with bindings for a very good price Cool

Funny you should say that, so have we Very Happy Well, I say 'we' (& we have ordered them with adjustable bindings) but they're mine really Toofy Grin
snow report
Me three with the bargain Storm Rage skis and bindings. Now need to find a longer bargain ski bag to put them in Smile
snow report
test_freak wrote:
Me three with the bargain Storm Rage skis and bindings. Now need to find a longer bargain ski bag to put them in Smile

How cheap?
ski holidays
the legendary 07/08 d-star pro riders off a fellow snowhead at a great price......schweeeeeeeet.....

okbye
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
0lly for the ski's I paid for or for a ski bag 178-180 cm that I am looking to buy?
snow conditions
test_freak wrote:
0lly for the ski's I paid for or for a ski bag 178-180 cm that I am looking to buy?

for the skis.
snow conditions
Three physio sessions for the price of two rolling eyes
snow report
o11y, £217 including bindings from snowtrax Smile snowHead
snow report
test_freak wrote:

excellent price
latest report
o11y wrote:
test_freak wrote:

excellent price

I thought so, however I am now worried that one of the other 2 got a better deal or worse we all turn up at an event with the same skis! I might have to buy the bargain inferno's I've seen just to be different! Toofy Grin
snow report
add to the boots a nice pair of oakley frogskins Cool
ski holidays
test_freak, nope, better than my deal, different bindings though.
snow report
test_freak wrote:
I thought so, however I am now worried that one of the other 2 got a better deal

No, bit better than ours as well, although we've also gone for different bindings.

Quote:
or worse we all turn up at an event with the same skis! I might have to buy the bargain inferno's I've seen just to be different! Toofy Grin

Ooh, social death Laughing And Peter's toying with the idea of Infernos as well, so you're going to have to go for something really different - Stormforce Pro? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Jo225 wrote:
test_freak wrote:
I thought so, however I am now worried that one of the other 2 got a better deal

No, bit better than ours as well, although we've also gone for different bindings.

Quote:
or worse we all turn up at an event with the same skis! I might have to buy the bargain inferno's I've seen just to be different! Toofy Grin

Ooh, social death Laughing And Peter's toying with the idea of Infernos as well, so you're going to have to go for something really different - Stormforce Pro? Toofy Grin

hmm, a ski I can grow into for the proto-quiver...or are you trying to get me killed so you and Peter get a matching pair of Rages? Shocked Toofy Grin
ski holidays
A three course meal in a two Michelin star restaurant in a French ski resort for the princely sum of 40 euro wasn't bad Smile
snow conditions
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
A three course meal in a two Michelin star restaurant in a French ski resort for the princely sum of 40 euro wasn't bad Smile

Wot he said !! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy