Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA cancelled flight refunds - any joy anyone ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey ho, Just back from Switz via trains and boats.

Ba cancelled the flight, but I'm now trying to claim a refund and having no joy - website won't let me use the 'my booking' function because the flights are in the past and there are no electronic options to refund for a cancelled flight that I can see. Telephone just drops out.

Has anyone had any success yet in getting any money out of them ?

Thanks,

dt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pendodave, someone suggested phoning one of the international offices instead. Contact details are on each country's version of the website I think.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
or try here http://www.britishairways.com/travel/ctclist/public/en_gb/About_Country=GB
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pendodave,
Call 0844 4930787 and check on the status of a flight that you know has been cancelled. You should then be put through to someone in BA. I did this on Friday afternoon, and got a full refund on my three tickets. Be warned though - I was on hold for 90 minutes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pendodave, just called BA 5 mins ago to cancel my flights to Edinburgh tomorrow (even if they're running I'm not risking getting stuck up there!) on the above number - call was answered inside 2 mins, full refund given, no questions asked - even though tenchically my flight isn't even officially cancelled.....yet.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i know you've asked about BA - but just wanted to add something that doesn't often happen - ryanair have been great!
flight cancelled on thursday - i put my cancellation through and was told to expect 10 working days for it to be processed - email this morning on the 3rd working day that its been processed and will be in my account!!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountain mad, Had same experience with Ryanair. We were flying Ryanair to Dublin and Aer Lingus to Geneva. Ryanair were far more helpful than Aer Lingus. Willie Walsh of BA learnt his trade with Aer Lingus, so maybe slower in sorting the trouble out. I think Mick O'L should be commended by saying that no flights will be taking off until ........

The drip feed you are getting from other airlines is poor!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roy Hockley, teh drip feed is becaus of the dynamic nature of the problem. Some companies clearly want to fly at the first safe window of opportunity - they can only tell you what is happening as it happens - hardly poor.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone had any luck with KLM? ... their basic approach seems to be fill in a form: incomprehensible & doesnt work properly ..... BA were excellent, already actioned.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Morrissey, No, I believe it is for financial reasons! When I rebooked my flight from the Saturday to the Sunday, I had to pay €650 for the pleasure. Not complaining as I wanted to go to GVA. I will get my €650 back as any traveller will, but it may take as long a 28 days, that is my, your and 1000's of other peoples money held for 28 days with interest. Do not be naive that is the reason why many companies were not being as dynamic as you would want!

Hardly dynamic response either, it took 6 days for our collective Ministers of Transport to pull their finger's out and get a conference call sorted. I believe they are laid back in California but our collective governments response has been anything but dynamic! Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy