Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new ski developments, secretive, rumour fuelled and total dangley bits

Poster: A snowHead
So I am hearing that the money is moving in to Les Arcs, and that as part of that investment, the commune of Villaroger has been told to jump on the bus or the lifts will be turned off.....

My understanding is that Villaroger are now looking at developing the forest track (down to the Auberge d'J) to allow access for coaches, and then accomodation being built on the plateau next to the lift station....if this comes off, the lift company will then invest in snow making, new lifts and probably develop a whole heap of new runs down that side of the Aiguille Rouge.

Hmmm, I look at this with mixed feelings - snow making and new lifts tick the right boxes for me, but the rest of the development, and in particular any messing around with the off piste on the Aiguille Rouge, will totally change the place.....

I cannot at this stage confirm whether Michel will be charging extra for a demi Mutzig - but I suspect I know the answer

Edited to comply with request from corresponding thread

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 19-04-10 10:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Voice of Reason, Interesting when SAP announced that they would not be extending the La Plagne ski area because of their care for the environment Confused
(Both resorts are operated by the same parent company - Compagnie des Alpes )
Sounds like the mayor of Villaroger wants the lift replaced and has been told to provide more beds to pay for it.....

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 19-04-10 10:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm happy to take all of that, infringement on the amazing off-piste in that area included. Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs and all that. Any opinions on timetable?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
how much can they mess around with the off piste? isn't a lot of it nature reserve?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, Won't be in place for next season wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Arno wrote:
how much can they mess around with the off piste? isn't a lot of it nature reserve?

Yes, there's not a lot of room on skiers' right as you head down the pistes before you hit the nature reserve. I can't see them getting permission to head in to that area. I think there's scope on skier's left, but not a huge amount of room.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last time I used the lifts up from Villaroger I thought they had been turned off
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Voice of Reason, presumably this is edited highlights from the SMA meeting of yesterday?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JimW, I wouldn't know....it came to me via a local resident who was at whichever meeting was held late last week. There has already been some thought put in from Villaroger end (hence the preferred road route through the forest) but there is a whole load of posturing, threats and backhanders to come yet.....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris, haha, see also Loze chair in Meribel and Marais in Tignes. Any other contenders for " lift most in need of an upgrade" award?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Any other contenders for " lift most in need of an upgrade" award?

Replat Les Arcs
Plan des Violettes Les Arcs
Droset Les Arcs
Renard Les Arcs
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, so a fair amount of lifts to avoid in Les Arcs?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bois/Grand Grenier pomas in Flaine. Both run up to great areas but are difficult lifts for those not confident on pomas and the ski out if you fall off Bois in particular is very hairy for intermediate skiers/kids, through thick forest.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dr John, Indeed, but as STVI are possibly about to invest a rather large lump of cash (see other thread) then I would imagine there may be plans to rectify this situation......
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
so should I wait a season or two before losing my Les Arcs cherry?
snow conditions
Dr John, Yeah, I wouldn't bother going to one of the largest and best served resorts in the French Alps because the lifts are so bad Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Only yanking yer chain, The Voice of Reason, it's been on my to do list for a while now. Regular mates want to try somewhere other than France so deciding between St Anton/Ishgl/Selva Gardena (discussed on another thread), but doesn't rule it out of my "other" trip next season
ski holidays
Dr John, Les Arcs vs. Ischgl/St Anton? Any final decision for me would be based on factors which do not relate to lifts wink

(Having stood in enormous queues to get up the Silverettabahn in a morning.....)
latest report
The Voice of Reason, there are many criteria that will make up the final decision, and we're in agreement that the lifts don't come into it. I'm making the working assumption that the overall quality of the lift system in all of them is generally the same.

I get the feeling we've disappeared down a bit of a rat-hole here, I shall step back and let the original thread run it's course.
latest report
Boredsurfing, Not the Renard lift - I like that one.

Yes I know its slow, but is such a handy lift for getting over to 2000 side and nobody else uses it, prefering to queue for hours at Transarc Express mid station. If it was upgraded I would have to start queuing with the others
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
Quote:

Any other contenders for " lift most in need of an upgrade" award?

Replat Les Arcs
Plan des Violettes Les Arcs
Droset Les Arcs
Renard Les Arcs

Others that need replacing are:

Mont Blanc Les Arcs
Comberciere Les Arcs
Grand Col Les Arcs

Saying that the area is fantastic and the majority of time one can get about using fairly quick lifts.
snow report
th pre st esprit lift could do with an upgrade too
snow conditions
Got to the definition of irony. Someone who owns a place in Montalbert La Plagne complaining about slow lifts in Les Arcs wink Laughing
snow conditions
thefatcontroller wrote:
Got to the definition of irony. Someone who owns a place in Montalbert La Plagne complaining about slow lifts in Les Arcs wink Laughing

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Meanwhile away from the usines de paradis, I hear that the proposed link from resort Y to resort Z is all but certain not to go ahead in the forseeable. Resort Y are turning their attention to upgrading their old fixed chair and a couple of pomas with a couple of shiny new chairs. Very Happy
snow report
brian wrote:
Meanwhile away from the usines de paradis, I hear that the proposed link from resort Y to resort Z is all but certain not to go ahead in the forseeable. Resort Y are turning their attention to upgrading their old fixed chair and a couple of pomas with a couple of shiny new chairs. Very Happy

Lucky on the interlinked ski paradise point, unlucky on the chairlifts - more boarders to get your fresh.

As a serious point there are many places in the US I've skied where locals cherish their old slow fixed grips as it keeps the punter content down on certain areas of the mountain.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy