Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Icelandic volcanic ash alert grounds UK flights

Poster: A snowHead
meh, bl00dy hell, have I got to wash the car again? Wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I could do with a couple of days off...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Manchester Airport's website statement says that some scottish flights have been cancelled today and that Manchester is the diversion both in and outbound for some other scottish flights. This has got me a bit concerned now as yesterday the same web statement was really gung ho, basically stating that this is totally different to last year and that they were not anticipating any disruption. We are due to fly out Thurs am to Portugal, fingers crossed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michelle wrote:
I could do with a couple of days off...

......stuck in Geneva Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman, at least if I was, I'd be in a hotel!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sarah - It's all down to where the wind blows the ash which is inherently hard to predict. At the moment it's blue skies over Reykjavik. The reported difference is in the volume of ash to make it into the upper atmosphere and it's density so it should by all accounts not get as far nor be as widespread. Scotland is comparatively close to Iceland and the disruption is comparatively mild compared with Eyjafjallajökull last year. I'm fully expecting to get back into the UK from Iceland on Thursday although a friend of mines flight into Glasgow today got cancelled so he's probably going to have to fly into Heathrow tomorrow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No problem according to O'Leary
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
meh wrote:
sarah - It's all down to where the wind blows the ash which is inherently hard to predict..

But you can get a good idea from what's happened over the last 24hrs.

Have a look at this - let it load fully and then click play or drag the slider around

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's pretty cool Wayne.

Colin - I think a lot of these airspace closures must be based off the precautionary principle and the available evidence of where and how concentrated the ash is. IIRC Ryanair did similar last year. Airlines can choose to fly in all but the high danger zones according to the BBC.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Barcelona are leaving for London for the Champions League Final 2 days earlier than planned (Tuesday instead of Thursday) so they must have real concerns about conditions later in the week.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B, it could get messi.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
laundryman, aaaarrgh..... Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
laundryman, are you geepee in disguise ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I booked our Hotel through Hotels 4 u. Just checked their web site and they say they will refund anyone who has their flight cancelled and cant get to the hotel. How fab is that?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shimmy Alcott, wow - great news and great of them to offer that!
latest report
cathy, indeed, thanks.
latest report
bladeskier wrote:

We seem to share a sense of humour, if you can call it that. wink
snow conditions
bladeskier wrote:

Infamy, infamy, you've all got it infamy. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy