Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Icelandic volcanic ash alert grounds UK flights

Poster: A snowHead
altis, can't believe we are watching the race into LHR
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Phil_D, It's so cool. Think I have potential to become a planespotter Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ozzie skier wrote:
Shimmy Alcott, BA was probably playing a game of brinkmanship with the CAA/goverment. After Wee Willie isn't none as being a shy retiring type when it comes to trying to get his own way. They possibly also got advance warning after all it would look pretty shabby if the first plane into LHR wasn't a BA flight.

Ha ha ha - yes, could you imagine if it had been America Airlines - or Icelandic Air like the scottish airports this morning.

Great news that your girls are going to get home BTW! You must be well chuffed snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
He's down. Huge round of applause all round the aircraft!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Could I be excessively cynical and suggest that they managed to get him in just before 10 to make sure they got it on film for the first item on the 10 o'clock news?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And BAW2036 from Orlando isn't far from LGW......well there's nothing as entertaining on tv!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sarep, Laughing lets see!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarep, It's on bbc news!!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And there you have it..... I should be in PR!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why am I now too watching planes on a map??? Must turn off now before I get hooked!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sarep, you clever man! ITV didnt have the pic though Laughing

Fingers crossed for my Sis home for our planned pamper weekend Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whats the URL for geting the radar feed?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ozzie skier, www.radarvirtuel.com
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You lot are nowhere near cynical enough ... BA shift change at 10 .. noone on 2-10 so no point landing if everyone sits on plane Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Loving that all the flights coming in are BA and all for London - nothing for Manchester etc Laughing Being Welsh/Northern lass I am not being sarcastic, excellent publicity for our National carrier that needs all the help it can get
latest report
Agenterre, Laughing Laughing
latest report
Agenterre, Shame on you!
snow report
... and the Qatar Airways flight had to fly up to Iceland just so they couldnt be first Shocked
snow report
There's a couple of Thomas Cooks from Heraklion and one from Dalaman coming into LGW too.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 20-04-10 22:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Yup 84 was the race winner according to Radio 4 a minute ago, 25 long hauls inbound to LHR
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott our local news reported 11 flights heading for Newcastle airport, I haven't seen or heard any of them yet, and none on the website either.
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, Check it out, think you'll find I'm right ... still delighted BA pulled one on the Scruffy Bearded One though .. BIG time !
ski holidays
Agenterre, I did find it quite satisfying for some reason, go BA!
snow conditions
Still almost a monopoly of BA into London - love it!
snow report
Agenterre, I saw that too, wondered where on earth they had been (obviously nowhere as they had been flying but you know what I mean), but also hadn't thought of your conspiracy theory
snow report
I'm going to have to force myself to shut down that aeroplane tracking website, I've bee watching it most of the day and am almost certain I'm now addicted...I'll close it down in 10 minutes though
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Loving that all the flights coming in are BA and all for London - nothing for Manchester etc Laughing Being Welsh/Northern lass I am not being sarcastic, excellent publicity for our National carrier that needs all the help it can get

And even BHX's website is down!
ski holidays
snowgirl123, Laughing admin might block it as he'll see us switch! Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shimmy Alcott, I keep thinking, I'll shut it down after one more plane has landed, one more...and on it goes. Utterly ridiculous, its not even exciting, just addictive! Admin better not ban it, what would we do from now on Shocked
snow report
snowgirl123, Perhaps snowHeads could be one of the sponsored sites on http://www.radarvirtuel.com/ then we might not forget.....
snow conditions
was fun watching the planes get giddy going round in loops. but i forced mysefl to stop using the site.

So now my dilemma...

I have €200 Luftahansa vouchers to spend by may 10th. Do I book a couple of flights for may/june (we have 3 4-day weekends Smile here in may/june), or do i buy a load of trash in the lufthansa store?
latest report
Just got in, went out as sky news were getting excited at around 7.
I see there's a DHL flight ex-EMA so are they all opening up then ??
latest report
andy wrote:
was fun watching the planes get giddy going round in loops. but i forced mysefl to stop using the site.

So now my dilemma...

I have €200 Luftahansa vouchers to spend by may 10th. Do I book a couple of flights for may/june (we have 3 4-day weekends Smile here in may/june), or do i buy a load of trash in the lufthansa store?

Book flights to Geneva for the October ski instruction weekend, of course! (Or sign them over to me!)
snow report
andy, buy me something nice Laughing
snow report
sarep can't do oct Sad since I've spent too much leave on s6bb and mountain biking holidays.

might just book flights anyway. was only compensation for getting bumped to cattle class on a business flight.
snow report
andy, Now that's what I call bad luck!
ski holidays
It is all back in business. Very Happy
snow conditions
Anyone looking to get rescued from europe or from a UK airport of seaport and prepared to pay for a taxi for 6 people, give me shout.

http://thph.info/

Private Hire from the Peterborough area but happy to consider work anywhere at the moment to help out. I have just been offered a trip to Madrid to collect 5 people and bring them back this week!

Thanks
snow conditions
had a good drive here, met Sod's Law a few hours ago. Hay ho, I get to ski in 1 hrs time, eating crousionts then need 20mins eye shut. Smile
snow report
Dwarf Vader, excellent news. There doesn't seem to be a huge amount flying in/out so still the right move I think. Enjoy your ski!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy