Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Extremes

Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning on getting some at the weekend in the Snow and Rock sale. I'll probably try and have a go on them first (Manchester Chill Factore), but they sound like they'll suit by needs.

I ski on Salomon Streetracer 10s @ 165cm and love them, but I've pretty much achieved all I want to on piste and this year ended up hitting the park and powder on them. Bad times!

I'm 5'10, 150lbs and am wondering what length I should be looking at. I reckon 174s will do the trick. Anyone think I should go longer or shorter?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Should be fine on a 174 bud! Get the one with the schizo binding as well so you can move it back and forth for weather u are doing park or free style! also hate to plug to hard... but I'm selling the ski for a better price with a better binding...

with salomon sth 12 £324.95 http://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/viewProduct.aspx?product=A342349F-3479-456D-91A2-A78785710B2C&category=AC2479EF-A968-4F71-9E76-982E6C6BFB06

with marker schizo £344.95 http://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/viewProduct.aspx?product=754DE9F3-F134-4B3A-8C56-A0A4BF01D6A6&category=AC2479EF-A968-4F71-9E76-982E6C6BFB06

Belive snow and rock are doing it with marker m11 for £337.50 (in my opinion not a very good binding at all!!)

Sorry mods but I'm just trying to save Merlin83b, a bit of money!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep, Marker M11 TC Free. I've seen some pretty ropey reports on the Schizo bindings - how much do you really need to move them back and forth?

I do have the benefit of living in Manchester so I can head over to Chill Factore and hopefully ride the skis before I buy them, also no shipping to pay...

Now to show my complete ignorance of technical matters.... Embarassed

How much do the bindings really matter? They just hold your boot solidly onto the ski, right?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
there would be no charge for the postage dude either and we will even set up the bindings for ya with the skis set up!

Personally not heard anything bad about the schizo binding it can move 3cm either way (6cm in total from front to back) on the ski meaning you can centre up the ski for park or bring it back for more nose in the powder! Personally thought the binding really did make the ski a better alrounder!

Some bindings will hold your boots better bud, made out of better materials making them stronger, the m11 is designed for more of a recreational use and really don't see it taking much park abuse while the griffons and the sth have been designed to take more park abuse!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So your recommendation for these skis and my potential usage would be to go for the Schizos?

Are there any other skis I should be considering?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I would check out the line chronic kyptonites as well! really lovely ski a little wider under foot but doesn't feel it! One of my favorites and when my amplids die I think I will be getting some of these!

As for the bindings, I think for the little extra for the griffons its worth it! its nice being able to centre the ski!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's always good to know what the people who can choose any skis are riding! Now I have a dilemma. Is it the width under foot that'd have you choose the Lines over the K2s? Does this make the Lines a little less suited for use on piste?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not at all buddy skis really well on piste! I would pretty much have it as a piste ski if i got a pair Happy the shape and the flex of the ski seems to work really well for the piste yet with a 92mm waist they will give more float in the soft stuff.. a winner for a allrounder in my opinion!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just be aware that /neither/ ski will feel good at all if you get caught in the back seat. Compared to the SR 10, they will both run away from you (and feel "too fast") if you do this.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
As in if I lean back too much? I'd say my on piste technique is good with my weight well forward so hopefully it won't be an issue. Always takes a while to get used to new skis though!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
comprex, I'm confused to why a streetracer would feel good back seat? I guess the side cut makes it easy to turn but there was very little tail to sit back on?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dansmith, not that it *feels good*, it simply *punishes less*: the flex and sidecut and length make it easy to hide bad habits on those.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Apologies for the quick hijack here but this reflects a choice I'm considering and input would be welcome.

Line Prophets are my everyday ski but having recently found myself rather enjoying the park (and not liking them much for going asswards) I fancy something poppier, shorter, less damp and more symmetrical to try and get park skiing sorted on. I've got a set of Public Enemies (similar to extremes) knocking about in around the right length which just need bindings -

pros: happier switch than prophets, poppier, shorter
cons: heavy, quite stiff, ???

I'm basically wondering if I should a. stick with the Lines and stop gear-whoring b. mount up the PEs or c. see if I can snaffle a deal on something like a chronic/AR6.

I ski pretty well but jong badly in the park, help me be hip, cool kids.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've some original ones in a 203 complete with 747 equipes - alas they got bent in a major wipe out! Ah Glen Plake - what a guy!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cunners, I have a better idea... sell me your PE's! wink
snow report
comprex, Ahh I get you now... I couldn't see any good in skiing back seat... I know this is something coming from me who apparently has one of the most lazy ski stances going!

Cunners, keep the phropets and get a line afterbag! great fun for jibbing about, true centre light and strong! I think the afterbag got bad press cos people tried to use if for what its not (an all mountain ski) its a true job ski! great fun and playful they are very much at home in the park or doing little jibs! (personally never got on with the old pe i thought the flex was really odd...everyone else always likes them though so prob just me)
snow report
ohh and weeSKI, if your looking for a home for them old school extremes give us a shout Happy I'm trying to master mogul skiing and them bad boys are ment to be the best for it!
snow report
Alas one is bent so not much use - K2 also did the gyrator around the same time with a similar graphic, it was a specific bumbs ski and was brilliant - but they got knicked in Les Arcs Sad
ski holidays
dansmith, I have a pair of 203cm K2 Comp 90s of the same vintage, S957E bindings with perfect bases. Competition bump skis seem to be a bit shorter these days though and the bumps on normal pistes are probably closer together than they used to be, maybe old skis are not the best idea for learning to ski bumps.
latest report
rjs, I'm a big lad! and anything will be better than my frankie b's!
latest report
weeSKI wrote:
I've some original ones in a 203 complete with 747 equipes - alas they got bent in a major wipe out! Ah Glen Plake - what a guy!

Yea, I've got a pair too, also in 203 and with 747s, fantastic ski .... I might even take them out for a spin next weekend
snow report
... and here is a pic

snow report
[quote="milnerhome"]Cunners, I have a better idea... sell me your PE's! wink[/quote

If you do want to buy a pair, I might well now be thinking of selling these - 174 (2007 or 08 i think), skied for about 18-20 days, have been edged & waxed since last use. Drilled once for look PX12 at a 335ish bootsole, have been un-mounted and the holes properly plugged and epoxied. Usual topsheet dings, no real base damage to speak of, a bit of epoxy on one of the sidewalls where someone kindly executed a turn over my tails. Can do photos.

It's now my off season so I'm not coming here too much as it makes me sad, but do bung up a post if you are really interested. They're a decent ski and I'd rather they were properly used than gathering dust.
ski holidays
Patch, I've only skied on 8 of those. What are those Fischers called?
snow report
comprex, Vacuum Technic
snow report
Cunners, I've PM'd you
ski holidays
dansmith wrote:
Not at all buddy skis really well on piste! I would pretty much have it as a piste ski if i got a pair Happy the shape and the flex of the ski seems to work really well for the piste yet with a 92mm waist they will give more float in the soft stuff.. a winner for a allrounder in my opinion!

Do you do the Line Chronic Cryptonites with a Marker Schizo binding? This sounds like it'd be the ideal combination but I can't see it on your site...
snow report
I can do! only have the jester schizo left tho! give the shop a ring 0102 499155 ex 2 and they should be able to sort u a price! I know there are some of the bindings in stock! (I would work out the price and get back to ya but im off to tignes in the morn Very Happy )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy