Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar Christmas 2010 (Update)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Already hearing that some TOs and hoteliers are going to be moving their Christmas week transfers to Sunday (Boxing Day) to Sunday Jan 2nd for the upcoming 2010/2011 season (and running a short week for the one thereafter to get back to their normal Saturdays).

Anyone got any inside info on whether E-star are going to be running their direct trains on the Sundays rather than the Saturdays that week - or is the perceived wisdom going to be a required change to SNCF in Paris?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 12-06-10 0:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I phoned Eurostar a few weeks ago and they said they were doing saturday to saturday as normal (around new year didn't check christmas). However I really wonder if this will be the case as I haven't heard of any TOs offering saturday to saturday around xmas/new year.

We are trying to book 1st or 2nd to 8th or 9th Jan travelling by train and I'm worried the journey is going to be very complicated. Some appts are available 2nd to 9th Jan but then we won't be able to use direct Eurostar. We have thought about eurostar to paris and then TGV plus hire car but most car hire places don't seem to have sunday pick up.

Whilst many appartments are operating sunday to sunday at that time the main TOs seem to be doing 10 night new year breaks and a short first week of jan.

All in all I can see it is very hard for Eurostar to sort their dates out and frustrating for those of us who don't want a 10 day TO package including New Year.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowymum, Crystal are doing 7 night Fri-Fri or were when I last looked , but I guess that doesn't tie in with Eurostar either. My neighbours are doing Sunday arrivals instead of Saturdays, and then doing a short week. I've stuck to my normal Sunday. Inghams appear to be offering the direct Eurostar on Sunday 19th and 26th December, and Sunday 2nd January, before reverting to a Saturday the following week. However the 2nd January breaks appear to return on Friday not Saturday and are only 5 nights.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They must have liaised with Eurostar before sorting out their arrangements?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't comment on Eurostar as we're flying, but we're going to L2A with Crystal, and Christmas week there is Tues-Tues 22-29th Dec.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Update from the Eurostar website:

http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/destinations/direct_services/ski_train/ski_train_timetables.jsp

Outbound night train services run from 7 January 2011 to 1 April 2011.
Outbound day train services run from 19 December 2010 to 9 April 2011.

Please note: that this year, the first two day outbound services will travel on Sunday 19 December 2010 and Sunday 26 December 2010

Official release of non TO dates to Arc1950 expected next Wednesday, subject to usual caveats - however as a hint, these two Sundays work for independent travellers...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just received an email from Eurostar saying the Direct Ski Trains for Winter 2010/11 go on sale from Tuesday 13th July 2010 for all dates of travel in the season.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can book your eurostar direct ski train tickets from 09:00 on Tuesday 13th July.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just received this email from rail europe regarding dates when SNCF tickets go on sale for the winter months:

"The Big Winter Rush
Many people ask us what the best way to get the lowest priced train tickets is. The answer is always the same - book early to get the best fares. Booking windows, the period when you can book your train tickets, normally open 120 days in advance of the date you want to travel for Eurostar journeys, and 90 days in advance for most other European services, however this changes slightly over the winter.

We recognise that Christmas is one of the busiest periods of the year when people are travelling. To give everyone the best chance to get the lowest priced tickets, some of the booking windows are opened for our most popular routes earlier and for extended periods.

If you are planning to travel using SNCF domestic services (for example high speed TGV, Overnight Lunéa, or local French trains) on or between 12th December 2010 - 13th January 2011; the booking window for getting your tickets opens on: Wednesday 13th October 2010 at 5:00am.

In order to cater for avid skiers or families looking for a Spring half term getaway, we also have an extended window for travel on or between 4th February - 14th March 2011, for people wishing to use SNCF domestic routes and TGV Lyria (services between Paris and Swiss cities such as Geneva, Bern, Basel, Lausanne and Zurich). This window opens on: Thursday 4th November 2010 at 5:00am

For travel between 14th January and 3rd February, or after March 15th 2011, the normal booking window of 90 days will apply. "
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy