Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarders die when avalanche buries helicopter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Up to ten snowboarders are thought to have been killed when their helicopter was hit by an avalanche after landing on a ski slope in Russia's far east region. A total of 18 people, including Belgian, German and Russian citizens, were on the helicopter snowboarding trip in the Kamchatka peninsula when the accident occurred. ...

Sad report from todays Telegraph:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/7575554/Ten-snowboarders-die-in-Russian-avalanche.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stewart woodward, Shocked What a terrible scene of destruction. Reminds me a bit of a film I saw on French TV last year about developers who put a new Russian resort in an avalanche prone area - it was entirely in French (though originally in American) so I probably understood around 25% but there were some scary avalanche scenes in it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This one is by heliskiing presumably with Russian guides. The news suggests the helicopter landing might have triggered a massive avanlanche that buried the victims with 10 to 15m thick of snow while the ambient temperature dropped to -20.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
latest reports state that avalanche was skier/boarder triggered and that the helicopter was in the valley, this makes more sense.

A tragic loss sympathies to their familes and friends RIP
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Think my buddy was one of the guides......... Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Sad Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, one of the guys I play tennis with also knows one of the guides, and possibly the helicopter pilot too. Really horrid because we were just having a random conversation about skiing and I was the one who broke the news to him having seen it on the site that morning, but not having a clue that he actually knew anyone as he doesn't ski. He was massively upset, obviously.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What a horrible accident Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
O god that is awful, sorry for all the family's. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy