Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

You're allowed one board or pair of skis, what would it be?

Poster: A snowHead
Ok its too early to go to the pub so lets start a thread.
You're only allowed one board or pair of skis what would you have?

Me: Whitedot Freeride, The Preacher 189, mounted with Dukes.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RPF, have you been up today? It's so bloody hot, might head up tomorrow just to lie in the snow.

Think I'd rather have my HSFC Empire with snowshoes rather than a splitboard for everyday use.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swirly, Yeah, it got heavy early, spent a few hours on piste tidying up technique, it goes to sh*t when neglected, not sure its any better for the attention I gave it today Shocked .
We should build an igloo/snow pub.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Board easy - Prior MFR 168 not that I do much boarding anymore

Skis ...hmm
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Erm, I only have one pair of skis! Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I haven't skied a huge number, can I still play? From current experience Rossignol R R9X TI Oversize 160cm
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
People have more than one? Shocked

I have a hard enough time deciding whether to board or ski, let alone having to choose from more than one of each. Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia, Good, its all you're allowed, hope you like 'em
Quote:

can I still play

Megamum, No, you better like the Rossis.

Quote:

not that I do much boarding anymore

fatbob, you do now, its either or (although I am curious to see your ski choice).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RPF, Well they're not what I am currently skiing, but they are what I enjoyed skiing during a weekend when we hired Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, Thats good enough, you dont have to own them they just have to be the one ski that you would most like given the skiing you do.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i have a feeling that the DPS Wailer 112RPs I have pre-ordered will be getting a lot of use next year Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i had a rough week dealing with jobsworths all over the shop, i'm allowed what i like Twisted Evil

failing that the original movement powpow
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
barry wrote:
i'm allowed what i like Twisted Evil

But just one of what you like.

I feel like the mother of bold children in a shop wink

Pubs open. back later Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

We should build an igloo/snow pub.

Sounds like a plan.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

You're allowed one board or pair of skis, what would it be

Definitely a pair of skis for me wink
ski holidays
at present probably my Blends..
snow report
Might upgrade my 11s to 14s but definitely Elan Speedwaves
latest report
WhiteDot Redeemer...the shittt!!
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
i have a feeling that the DPS Wailer 112RPs I have pre-ordered will be getting a lot of use next year Cool

I just want the Sweden specials Laughing
ski holidays
4FRNT MSP'S with Marker 12 bindings - arrived by courier this week. Going to Ischgl for a week tomorrow to try them out -my last trip for this season. Don't expect to find much powder so I am hoping they will blast through the crud and heavy spring snow I am likely to encounter. My old Rossi B2's are going to be tastefully mounted on a wall in my garden when I get back. Toofy Grin

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 9-04-10 21:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
191 Lhasas I guess, rather than the 196s I have, mounted w/ Dukes?
ski holidays
[b]RPF[/b....this is very very difficult............probably pick my black crows..... navis with dukes....

okbye
ski holidays
Fischer misfits 182 with rossi fks
snow report
Völkl Mantra 191s. Any day!
ski holidays
snowbandit wrote:
4FRNT MSP'S with Marker 12 bindings - arrived by courier this week. Going to Ischgl for a week tomorrow to try them out -my last trip for this season. Don't expect to find much powder so I am hoping they will blast through the crud and heavy spring snow I am likely to encounter. My old Rossi B2's are going to be tastefully mounted on a wall in my garden when I get back. Toofy Grin

What year are the bandits?! you can't do that to 'em Laughing

K2 Hellbent's ... don't care if there a bit hard work on ice... still worth it in the powder! Toofy Grin
snow report
milnerhome, 2005 - they have served me well. They are the model after the Bandit xx. The other half bought some Line Celebrity's last season and has been harping on about going fatter and so I have - 96mm waist - which is now regarded as mid - fat. My B2'S are now on their service limit's and are held together with patches and p/tex filler - I can only hope the 4frnt's give me as much pleasure as the B2's did - I have a feeling they will. Very Happy
snow report
DaveC, have you got the 191 Llasa's as well? If so how do they compare?
snow report
spyderjon, I don't, just like the sound of a slightly less pinned tail for every day use. Considering selling mine and picking up a pair of 191s for next year to put Dukes.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arbor Abacus and cross my fingers for a lot of pow days.
latest report
Hopefully my new ones for next season HEAD iSupershape Titan
latest report
arv, i was sorely tempted to amend my order to get those but concluded they were a bit too pimp even for me
latest report
Rossi Zenith 9.5 TI Oversize in a 170. Which is what I have. My B2's like snowbandit's are now officially retired. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Stöckli Laser SL FIS.

Works fine off-piste too...

(If you totally refuse to believe that... I'll demonstrate it on the 27th of April in ValT)
ski holidays
RPF, why choose between skis and boards Toofy Grin

ps can't believe you haven't gone for the Redeemers???
latest report
Atm for a one ski quiver, I'm finding it hard to imagine beating my Dyna Big Troubles with Barons (don't eat enough pies for Dukes lol), although I have a hunch the Obsethed could potentially beat them for allround use, might have to acquire a pair (of this seasons ones) when the new fatter ones come out next season.
snow report
bobinch, One board or two?
Redeemers are deinitely my favourite. But one ski for everywhere Preachers with Dukes no doubt.
snow report
For versatility it'd have to be Mantras, mounted with Dukes. Perfectly skiable on and off piste in any conditions, hard-pack, windswept, powder.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy