Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jagerbombs

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone partake? and if so what is the point? They are disgusting.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I almost drank one once, but it smelled horrible, so I've also always avoided Jagerbombs. Agree that they seem disgusting
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
agreed, though Jagers (without the bomb) are luuvverrly, and make barry an exceedingly happy drunk, shhhwweeeet Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easiest way to spot a punter.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Easiest way to spot a punter.

Or at least it was until you posted that - the new easiest way to spot a punter is to listen for someone to say 'Look at that punter over there with his/her jagerbomb' followed by an audible sucking of the teeth and a raised eyebrow.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Like Pastis in a french Cafe, A Rioja with chorizo tapas on a Spanish afternoon, or room temperature Bitter in a Lake District Pub they have their place.

(Which is in a packed Austrian Apres bar with DJ Otzi breaking eardrums). Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
me and my mates end up drinking them when we are on the rip....they are not nice...especially as we drink them as depth charges in pints of guinness...

okbye
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What is actually wrong with Jagermeister with Red Bull?
Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tom W, nothing on their own....but try them as depth charges in pints of guinness....

okbye
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think I need to go to the Beer Garden and experiment this evening.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try a grenade:

Take one tumbler. Into said tumble pour 1/2 can of red bull.
Take 1 tall, thin shot glass. Fill with tequila.
Take 1 short fat shot glass. Fill with jager.

Balance the two shot glasses in the rim on the tumbler.

Pull the 'pin' (the tequila shot), thus charging the 'grenage'. Down your tequila, followed by the self-made jager bomb.

Repeat as required (or not)

Personally, I'd rather stick to the quality sippling tequila. As you can tell, wisdom comes with age.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
zammo wrote:
Try a grenade:

Take one tumbler. Into said tumble pour 1/2 pint of tequila.
Take 1 tall, thin shot glass. Fill with tequila.
Take 1 short fat shot glass. Fill with tequila.

Balance the two shot glasses in the rim on the tumbler.

Pull the 'pin' (the thin tequila shot), thus charging the 'grenade'. Down your tequila, followed by the self-made tequila bomb.

Repeat as required (or not)

Fixed it for you wink (I can't stand Jaegerbombs but a certain snowHead keeps forcing them on me rolling eyes but I LUUURVE tequila)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have to admit I like them a lot. Flying Hirsch that's what they're called in Saalbach.
Very Happy
It is a pity you can't get mini bottles in UK.
But most bars will know what it is and serve with shot glass.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tom W wrote:
I have to admit I like them a lot. Flying Hirsch that's what they're called in Saalbach.
Very Happy
It is a pity you can't get mini bottles in UK.
But most bars will know what it is and serve with shot glass.

http://www.drinksdirect.co.uk/acatalog/spirits_miniature.html Little Angel
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Axsman, Thanks wink
ski holidays
Tom W wrote:

I thought flying hirsch where jagers with milk??

That's what it was in Kitzbuhel anyway...

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Kruisler, that looks even worse. What on earth have they put in those shot glasses???
snow report
Milk...
I find it almost completely disguise the taste of the Jagermeister..
Which can be lethal because they are very easy to drink.... wink
Excuse the pun but as we say in french:
"Ca se boit comme du petit lait!"..
This is the first time this expression has been so apt! Laughing

PS: just to clear any potential confusion: the milk+jager is not mixed with the beer!! Shocked
latest report
Milk and jager - bleugh!
ski holidays
Kruisler, nice stoke....london town pub??

okbye

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 9-04-10 17:33; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Jagerbombs were very popular with me and my college mates - the pub just up the hill did a great offer on them. I love the taste, but each to their own!!
snow report
snowpatrol,

You mean the Londoner?

Anyway, no, that particular shot was at the Streifalm, straight off the mountain..
ski holidays
Kruisler wrote:

PS: just to clear any potential confusion: the milk+jager is not mixed with the beer!! Shocked

Poofters !! [/monty python mode]
latest report
Kruisler, yep, the londoner...london town pub's in durban!!!.....know the streifalm well...some of the best nights of my life in kitzbuhel!!!

okbye
latest report
zammo, Totally
snow report
Kruisler, Milk... that is just funny... they saw you coming a mile off!!!

Flying Hirsch/ Jägerbombs / Jägerrbull...

Should be a mini Jägermeister bottle that is sat in a pool of redbull up to about the shoulder of the bottle.

Good bar staff can line up all the glasses with redbull, rest the mini bottles on top of the glasses and then 'domino' them all in. (but the last time I tried this I smashed 3 glasses!)

Drink them all in one mouthfull and one swallow... don't be scared of the Jägermeister bottle sliding down the glass.. it won't hurt!

Taste....???? Why are you tasting them... they are designed to get you very drunk!

wink wink

And they are far from a 'punters' drink they are lapped-up by locals and holiday making 'punters' alike...

Ps..Available in Ben's Bar.. but only with shards of glass!
latest report
flangesax,

We didn't ask for "Flying Hirsch", one of the group ordered specifically Jagers and milk as it was something he'd had on the previous trip. Upon explaining this to the Streifalm waiter, the latter said "ah..flying hirsch" and came back with the shots(and glasses) you see in the pic...So I just assumed that was indeed the name of this....
snow report
was introduced to Jager-milks at the Krazy Kanguruh in St Anton this year, take it from me only try it once, after the forth or fifth, everything in the gut tends to curdle, not a pleasant feeling at 3am!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LIAMJ, Laughing

Luckily we only had 3 rounds, and early in the evening! No time for things to curdle! NehNeh
snow conditions
I can understand that when in Austria you drink the local brews as in Red Bull and Jagermeister, but in France, the country that has given us Chablis and Sancerre, Burgundy and Claret, Cognac and Calvados, I cannot see the point, after all Genepi tastes better!
ski holidays
Jager with milk Puzzled Puzzled Jager is best taken on its own, downed in one, after far too many beers, then jump about to cheesy apres music and let the chemical reaction take place in your guts Going green (Jager and Red Bull = Flying Hirsch in most pubs around St Anton)
ski holidays
boabski,

Yeah I think it is pretty clear I assumed wrong on this one! Very Happy

But when you think about it: beer already in my body, Jager+milk, glasses with "flying hirsch" written on them with what looked (very) vaguely like a cow on it and one is easily misled.. Laughing
snow conditions
especially wit appropriately fitting beer goggles!
ski holidays
Everyone in my group drank them all holiday I avoided like the plague - the smell of the stuff makes my tummy turnover, give me toffee vodka any day!
snow report
Kruisler,
Quote:

Yeah I think it is pretty clear I assumed wrong on this one!

Maybe not - that may have been your breakfast version
ski holidays
I prefer the flugel stuff they have in Austria
ski holidays
Kruisler wrote:
...with what looked (very) vaguely like a cow on it .... Laughing

Isn't a cartoon deer? Hirsch in german means deer....
snow report
For me this is the most historic threads on snowheads. It should be sent to the snowheads gold section.

A thread about Jagermeister and no comments from Charlatanefc...........he must have better things to do now he is shacked up. NehNeh
snow report
If you are feeling brave, try a Darth Vader(no joke wink ) equal measures of Gin, Jägermeister,rum, triple sec, white tequila,vodka and lemon juice.....I had 4 and was monumentally ill Embarassed
snow report
holidayloverxx,
It is, but we had those beer goggles flangesax mentions on... Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy