Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tamworth kids fast track snowboarding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well 10 year old daughter and definite snow nutter Emily spent yesterday morning and this afternoon doing the kids fast track snowboard course (2x3hr sessions to get to recreational standard) at the Tamworth fridge and is now a rather exhausted but very happy recreational standard snowboarder. Teaching was of the usual high standard, a bit of bargain as well as we got some vouchers that reduced cost by well over 50% on the regular price of the lessons, instructors who not only know their stuff but also how to work with kids and get the best out of them. She had a good first session yesterday in a group of 6 and made good progress, could get down the slope at a controlled speed and stop when she wanted to so onto lesson 2 today.
Checked in and was told there was only one other kid in the class, full marks Tamworth as always, no worrying about if they have enough bookings are going to make a profit on a class, if you've booked it they run it! Youngest daughter ended up getting a private lesson for her Kinder level one because of this (two instructors to one 5 year old!) when learning to ski with amazing results, went through the entire levels 1-3 in one session each rather than the 4 or 5 sessions at each lesson they say it normally takes. Then after 5 or 6 runs and about half an hour the other kid decided he'd had enough and quit so Em's lesson turned into a 2 1/2 hour private lesson. Well she lasted 2 1/4 hours before deciding she was too tired but as there are usually 6 to 8 in a class I guess she got in the equivalent of a couple of whole days group lesson of runs!
Well by the end of it all she was happily linking her turns down the main slope from top to bottom and didn't seem to be spending any more time sitting in daft places than any of the other snowboarder wink so I think that is another skier over to the dark side (though she does want to try freestyle and cross cross country skiing so all is not lost!). An she has already had me order some impact shorts for the unplanned sit downs!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

An she has already had me order some impact shorts for the unplanned sit downs!

davkt, for you, or for her? You are going to have a go at those bargain lessons yourself, aren't you?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For her! vouchers all spent on the fast tracks (though knowing Tamworth members mailing more will be along before too long.) Snowboarding looks a bit painful on the rear end to me!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davkt, good stuff, she'll be riding on the outside of helis in Alaska in no time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yup, has already been told by an experienced ski racing coach who happened to be on the same single parent ski holiday as us she should be giving junior ski racing a go as she'd probably do well and wouldn't like to bet against her turning into a good little boarder as well. Guess the order will soon be coming in for a snowboard for her birthday as no doubt before long she will be declaring the Snowdome hire kit as unfit to use as she did with their skis (can't disagree with her on the skis though, fine to learn on but not much good after you have the basics!)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy