Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NOBOARDING boarding without bindings do we like ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote from noboarding site, Welcome to the magic of Noboarding! The best sensation ever!
Trust me it’s 100 times better then snowboarding! I’m so hooked! It feels like surfing on pow.. you take full control of your body’s impact on your board through your toes and your heels. It’s such a great adrenaline rush, all the way, all the time!. Boarding without bindings came from guys who got sick of not being able to find their bindings in deep pow, YES OR NO to Noboarding??? Check out http://www.noboard.ca/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are about 40 years of snowboarding history in the making of this season’s newest ride. And now that it’s finally here, there’s no looking back.

Noboard developer and co-owner Cholo Burns surfs in the Selkirk Wilderness. (Credit: Jenna Low)Vermont-based Burton Snowboards has teamed up with the innovative Canadian company, Noboard, to create the NoFish – the industry’s first board designed exclusively for bindingless riding. Bindingless riding, you may recall, was the 1960s precursor to snowboarding itself. It was Jake Burton who affixed the first binding to an old Snurfer a decade later, forever revolutionizing the sport.

The quest to replicate that true feeling of surfing on the snow, however, never disappeared. In the late 1990s out in the powdery depths of British Columbia, Greg Todds and Cholo Burns took matters into their own hands ... and feet. They removed the bindings from their favorite deep powder rides – boards like Burton’s classic Fish, Malolo and Piranha – and surfed them.

They developed the noboard, a rubber pad they could affix to the snowboard decks, along with a leash and fastening hardware. The company incorporated as Noboard in 2001 and started selling noboards by 2002. While Todds’ life was tragically cut short in an avalanche in 2005, the Noboard crew that was there from the start has carried on – Burns, Scott Penner, Skye Sheele, Gary “Tuttle” Hall and “Young Dave.”

“When we sat down to talk about where we wanted to see noboarding go, we decided that we would pursue it until everyone had the chance to try the sport,” Burns said. “This is our main reason for working with Burton Snowboards; they have the distribution globally that we would never be able to achieve. We are also so true to what the sport of noboarding is. So we weren’t worried about losing who we are as a group by joining Burton. If anything, we will be able to help keep the soul of the sport alive.”

While the noboard is certainly at home out West, Burns assures that this is a sport to be enjoyed everywhere. “The great thing about noboarding in general is that you don’t need a big slope or a lot of snow to have a good time with it,” he said. “Obviously, riding a noboard in the West is the goal for anyone that really gets into it – long runs and deep snow – but you will still have a good time in the woods with your friends and a couple of noboards. Think of how snowboarding grew from the East Coast with what Jake was doing into a global sport. The idea behind it is fun, which can be had anywhere. Snowboarding used to be about hiking around the woods and has changed to be included into ski hill culture. I believe that we/noboarding are at the stage of where snowboarding was 25 years ago.”
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sierrasnowboard are selling the Burton Noboards for $150. I've been thinking about picking one up, looks like fun.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yeah i agree looks like its worth a go, the freedom of no bindings must be amazing, but honestly i like my bindings i guess its just what i know, but would def try it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I guess it's a bit more like surfing, which I really miss during winter.

It looks like it's a burton fish with some deck grip on it, so if it isn't that good, it's probably possible to rip the rubber off and stick some bindings on it anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
anyone ere done it? Is it only coming out on the scene, has anyone seen anyone do it at resorts? Razz
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And we're back to the Snurfer.
Who knows, Give it a couple of years and people will work out that attaching their feet to the thing will give more control...

...It's all just a little bit 'o' history repeating...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yeah maybe but would love to try it see what its like.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just strip the bindings off your board and stick a couple of patches of grip tape to it. Drill a hole in the nose and thread a cable through it and Roberts-your-mothers-brother.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ooooooooooo just got a burton Lipstick could not do that to it lol. Little Angel
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Like these then: http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http://vintagewinter.org/assets_c/2008/11/PB123068-thumb-300x400.jpg&imgrefurl=http://vintagewinter.org/2008/11/snurfer---vintage-snowboards.html&usg=__Q_HbSzc4cPygteAyKafR7C8Plbk=&h=400&w=300&sz=14&hl=en&start=5&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=L2HrjXKOLJWb9M:&tbnh=124&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dvintage%2Bsnowboard%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26tbs%3Disch:1

Sounds more like this season's oldest ride to me. Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy