Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many nanometers of wax shaved off your bases in a day is a lot?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think I once managed 7.9734786754, but I accidentally went over a pine cone near a discarded pylon so maybe it doesn't count Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
paulio, Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is that an accurate figure or are you rounding to the tenth decimal?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Think your being a bit pedantic, can you not just say 8. Is it not also dependant on the rate of heat transfer from the snow to the ski and the relative humidity of the snow. Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I keep a spreadsheet of all my wax levels after each run, I have seperate work sheets for each different wax type and I pivot table all this information into a lovely spider chart.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
paulio, wax is for pussies. How much of your board base have you managed to shave down in a day? You're just not trying hard enough. If you go steep and deep and rip it to the max and don't stop for lunch you can get through .4 of a micron per day. More if you stay off the nancy snow and do the real hardcore granite outcrops. If you come off the mountain before the last lift stops moving then you're just a tourist, mate.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paulio, impressive precision - down to 1/10,000 the diameter of a proton!

To make my measurements, I constructed an interferometer using the laser from a blu-ray player - how about you?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Blu-ray, pah far to commercial, I have a bloke in a car park in utah make mine, he only makes 17 a year
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
papasmurf wrote:
Blu-ray, pah far to commercial, I have a bloke in a car park in utah make mine, he only makes 17 a year

17 a year! Man, that's just commercial and raping the planet's resources. Mine was made by a ancient Navaho scientician using his bare hands, some ear wax, the blood of his ancestors and a racoon tail. It's been handed down through generations but 'coz I'm one of the top boarders in Colorado (even though I only go once a year they all know me) I got the owner of the extreme off-piste hardcore skurfer (they don't like to differentiate between skiers and boarders there) school to get it for me in return for a few tips.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
laundryman wrote:
paulio, impressive precision - down to 1/10,000 the diameter of a proton!

Won't the act of measurement alter the outcome at that level?
This is why I always use Heisenberg brand boardwax!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Richard_Sideways, But you can never sure where you are and how fast you are going when you use that
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tiffin, Sounds a bit like my riding style, UNCERTAINTY RULES! (perhaps)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How disappointing. I thought this was going to be about wind-speed measurements wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy