Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are SH's looking for in a ski holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Just waiting for taxi to head of the 3V's for the week so thought I'd offer some info wink

We have just finished an advert run on snowHead's. Of course there are lots of interpretations possible when looking at statistics but (for your information) here are the raw results. Make of them what you want

The advert did give some interesting feedback statistically when compared to our Google Ad
Mainly what people were most interested in –
Google = Information,
snowHead 's = Prices

snowHead's Ad
After landing on the home page 39% exited the site
Of the those remaining on the site
36% went to Price and Discounts Page
17% went to Resort Information Page
14% went to Hotel Details Page
3% went to Ski School Page
2% went to Articles Page
The rest of the visitors went to other pages (all %’s round down to nearest whole number)

Google Ad
After landing on the home page 8% exited the site
Of the those remaining on the site
46% went to Resort Information Page
19% went to Hotel Details Page
9% went to WebCam Page
7% went to Price and Discounts Page
2% went to Ski School Page
The rest of the visitors went to other pages (all %’s round down to nearest whole number)[/i]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
W/regard to the high number exiting the site, its a lot easier to accidently click through to an ad on a site that takes more time to load than google.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wayne, not sure quite what you're after here. But personally, I would only be googling for accommodation after deciding on a resort - and I wouldn't use accommodation sites to research the attributes of a resort.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, same here
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
Wayne, not sure quite what you're after here.

Nowt - just thought it was interesting. Being as we have so many hits and can follow the chain through for each hit.
We CAN'T see who is visiting but just where they come from and the difference between snowHead 's source and other places was quite a significant.
There really isn't much difference in the chain through from Google, MSM, Yahoo, etc. But from a ski site there is a big difference it what people look at - and so I assume (maybe wrong BTW) about they are looking for.

snowHead 's is "very" expensive when compared to other advertising sites cost per click, and we need to watch our spending (like all poor TO's) so we are always interested to see how things pan out.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Personally the first place I look is the price. No point getting all excited about a world class holiday and then finding out it's £10K a week. I have a fixed budget for each week of skiing, so the price is important.

I wouldn't go on accommodation site to find info about resort, and I imagine most other SHs know which resort is which and where they want to go before looking up accommodation but I could be wrong.

That said, if the price is decent, and the standard is good, I'd expect SHs to give you much higher chance of a booking than somebody googling away in their lunch break at work. Less clicks, but probably more money. It is quite hard to track which bookings come from which source, but should give you a guide speaking to a sample of customers about where they heard about you.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd hazard that a lot of SH click throughs already know about resort etc and are so more interested in price..maybe on the if its okay i'll give it a punt basis.

The large number exiting straight out is probably due to people thinking that a click thorugh to advertisers gives some benefit to the site, based on the please visit our sponsors type affairs, lots of users probably aren't aware how detailed click streaming can get nowadays.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Makes me think that for Snowhead click throughs you should direct them to the price page or a dedicated landing page.

Price is a key part of your advertising on Snowheads and I presume people would want to see about this first.

An internet marketing person I know always directs click throughs to a dedicated landing page linked in to the advert or site in question, never to the homepage of the site. Not sure if this would work for you our not.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wayne,
Quote:

After landing on the home page 39% exited the site

Yep, sorry about that but the ad appears next to my page slider bar several times clicked the ad instead of the bar. Having the same problem with ski set at the moment. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SNOW!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing, that is an interesting observation, if as Wayne, says its a pence per click ad, and it is being accidentally clicked then it is costing the company for no apparent benefit unless it gets someone interested in a company or product that they may not have considered before. Maybe the positioning of the ad on the page next to the scroll bar requires a re-think?

pam w, I didn't think Wayne, was 'after' anything, I think he was just trying to post some interesting information regarding his two internet advertising campaigns. In fact I thought that it was interesting to see some info. about a SH ad given the difference in opinion that there has been between those that find the advertising acceptable on the site and those that don't.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I didn't think Wayne, was 'after' anything,

well the reason I asked was because of the title of the thread - I thought he was wondering about what SHs might be looking for when they clicked on adverts. Not an unreasonable assumption, I think, from the thread title - but as you said, the original post was a statement of fact, rather than a question.

Probably SHs, on average, are better informed about different resorts than a random group of internet punters. So, given the cost, it's only worth advertising on snowheads if advertisers know what we're looking for. Seems reasonable.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not sure if this is going to worlk - PC anywhere via remote server from my mobile phone - if you can see this, then ain't technology brill Very Happy

e17phil wrote:
An internet marketing person I know always directs click throughs to a dedicated landing page linked in to the advert or site in question, never to the homepage of the site. Not sure if this would work for you our not.

Yes we did and it did.

Clicking on our ad didn't cost us anymore (or earn snowHead any more). Not going to go into the details as that's between Admin and me. But basically we paid for a run of adverts for a certain length of time at a flat rate cost.
The cost per click was just us working out what it had cost us - compared to Google which really is a cost per click. Again not going to go into details but the SH's ad works out MUCH more - and this is also true when you look at the cost per click / per booking per click. This was always going to be the case as SH's has a smaller view-through than Google (mind you, who doesn't)

I have a good idea of the number of snowHead who responed as they told me or started the process with a PM.

The OP was just to point out what I think that most people on this forum already know (and to give some figures to back it up). The SH's tend to know where they want to go and about a resort and are just looking to see who much it will cost. Googlers tend to be looking around for a nice resort, then they look if the price is right and then go somewhere else if it's not.

Am sat here waiting for the transfer bus. Grrrrrrrrr, bored now Confused Sad Confused Sad .
But wil be on slope 1st lift in the morning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

wil be on slope 1st lift in the morning

Have fun! snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wayne, I wonder how the ski club ad performed when compared to yours. Don't suppose we'll ever know Laughing
ski holidays
Wayne, snow Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy