Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Alpine Ski Championships

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
These have been taking place in Meribel this week; Alcott got beaten by Louise Thomas in the Super-G and continued to cause a stir until she hit the nets in the Downhill.

I've just been looking at website and found links to these daily reports from the Championships;

Day 1 - The weather closes in
Day 2 - Alcott beaten.
Day 3 - Alcott wins but Ryding crashes
Day 4 - Alcott crashes out
Day 5 - Weather closes in again!
Day 6 - Alcott and Crawford win

Not sure where Day 7 is yet but I think from the Champs website at Alcott and Crawford are British Champions this year. Very Happy

Really good reports though and it seems to have been an exciting champs out in Meribel!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We put Day 7 report up last night with a brief look at the funding problems facing British Alpine ski racing. http://www.planetski.eu/news/1545

'Racer Ready' has been out there too, but otherwise pretty much zero coverage from other outlets.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JAMES COVE, Great final report from Ben there. It's going to be a turbulent time I think as the Skiers and Snowboarders try and get funding secured.

Shame there has been so little coverage; I don't know what 'Racer Ready' have been doing but I expected to see more on the Skiclub about it and other ski websites but looks like PlanetSKI are the only ones covering - It was good coverage too - not just Press Release rubbish.

ps. Well done Ben in the Senior Slalom (as I see in Day 3)!. Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great reports from Ben covering the Senior Championships. Congratulations with your results in the racing too, Ben. It was shame much of the Junior Championship was canceled. I see from the FIS results he took the wise move to do the Belgium Championships in Val Thorens this week to make up for the cancelled stuff.

We've just got back from the Children's Championships in Meribel which took place last week. Was great to see everything going ahead despite all the trouble in the last few months surrounding British Skiing.

It will be interesting to see where British skiing is going now....

Does anyone know if the British team are heading south this summer?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm.. Yes it was great that the British Championships still went ahead considering the troubles surrounding British Skiing.

The Newsletters appeared to finish after the Children's Super G on day 11? Not sure that anyone else was covering the races. Confused The Children's team are intending to head to Europe again this summer. Not sure about the older racers. I guess it's all down to costs unfortunately Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gillian, not sure who was doing the planet ski reports, i cna't get them to load up... Neil stopped doing a newsletter on the last two days the thursday was his birthday, and he left early on fridaty to take care of some personal business
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, he kept his birthday a bit quiet!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM, Ben Clatworthy was doing the reports; try http://www.planetski.eu/search/british_championships that seems to have them all (ignore best moments of the winter - that is from last season I think and is not to do with the champs). Or http://www.planetski.eu/search/clatworthy has them as well. That is the link I got off his website.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
funkydunck, there was a link on the racer ready web site where you could subscribe to the daily update.... i was getting them every day, there is alos statements form Colin Moynihan regardiong the future of the sport as well..... not sure where is it but there was an audio file for the open meeting he held as well, i beleive it was being posted somewhere but can't remember where
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy