Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

alpy bus or cham express g.v.a. to chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Dear Matt,

In this digital age, just because you have instant access to email and can send them on iphones etc. does not mean that you are going to get an immediate reply. You sent 6 emails to us in a short space of time. Just think about that for a minute: That means that our email protection systems flag your email address up as a spammer.

I see that one of the emails you sent was on the 25th December (Christmas Day), the only day of the year that our office is closed and we do not operate any transfers. Did you not have anything better to do after eating your Christmas Turkey? Happy

If we are to properly investigate a complaint, then it can take a considerable amount of time and can involve analysing the satellite tracking system, arranging to interview drivers and individual members of staff, complile reports and if necessary commence disciplinary action etc.

In addition, I am sure you will understand that our staff, including myself, do have holidays during the Christmas/New Year holiday period, Indeed, I myself was away, and have only returned to work today.

I note from the link that you have posted that you have actually posted a copy of your Invoice/Receipt and not your Airport Transfer Ticket. It clearly states at the top that it is not the ticket and is not valid for travel. Though, experience has taught us to duplicate the pick-up instructions in bold red text on the invoice/receipt too for those passengers that do not bother to have their ticket with them.

I am sorry that you are 'shocked that a company of 10 years experience has not confirmed the details when taking a booking', What is the ticket and Invoice/receipt if not a confirmation of what has been booked with the instructions of where you should be and at what time.

Finally, I can confirm to you, that I have just this afternoon pulled the recording of the telephone conversation between yourself and the telephone operator at 12.23hrs and 23 seconds on the 19th December and I have to inform you that the telephone number we have entered on the booking is the exact number that you gave our operator. Unfortunately, it is you who reversed two digits of your phone number during the conversation.

Happy

Andrew

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 6-01-14 15:57; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mattheworiordan, I don't understand what happened when you missed the original bus. Were you at the Aiguille du Midi bus stop at the stated time? As the bus waited for some time and you didn't see it, it suggests you were somewhere else.

There have been a few threads like this which suggest that people sometimes put too much faith in being able to communicate effectively by mobile phone or email and make last minute arrangements, or changes. In the olden days you had to make sure, in advance, that you knew exactly where something like a bus stop pick up place was.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
irish?
that was a common link between the other 2 "entertaining" threads.
given the bit of irish blood that runs thru my veins, I'm slightly concerned. maybe I'll skip using any transfer "just in case".
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
andy wrote:
irish?
that was a common link between the other 2 "entertaining" threads.
given the bit of irish blood that runs thru my veins, I'm slightly concerned. maybe I'll skip using any transfer "just in case".

Your words, not mine Happy

Though it can be a 'Blair' generation thing too. rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chamexpress, just a question, as our some of our clients use your service. I haven't needed to so I haven't had to think about this.

Your "pick-up window" - If I have a window of 16h55-17h25 f'rinstance, my understanding is that I have to be there at 16h55 but that the driver may, for any reason, be delayed until 17h25? Not that I have to be there between 16h55 and 17h25, and that if I arrive at 17h24 all will be well with the world?

Which seems quite reasonable to me, especially during weeks and transfer days like Xmas and NY when traffic is all a bit tricky...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@underanewname

Yes, you're absolutely correct. The passenger is required to be ready and waiting at the start of the 30 minute pick-up window. The bus will then arrive anytime within the 30 minute period, depending on how many collections the driver has etc.

If all passengers follow the instructions then normally it runs very smoothly indeed.

cheers.

Andrew
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well I did say I would report back on how my mates gets on. Well he arrived on time at the airport, got picked up on time, and arrived here on time, the driver dropped him right by the apartment.

Chamexpress, I'll pop round later for my £10.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chamexpress, fair enough, helpful to know.

That also explains what happened to the complainant's first pick up then. Alles klar.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The OP's gone a bit quiet. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
]
Quote:

Chamexpress
user
Well hello all.. It's the silly season again:

Here's our reply to Matt which makes things pretty clear

I think referring to your customers complaints as the silly season is not a very good representation of your company's view on complaints, I'm sure those with the complaints don't think they're silly.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ nevis you misunderstand. Anyone who knows me on this forum or personally knows that I take a genuine complaint that is presented sensibly to me seriously. At the end of the day all staff are only human and we all make mistakes.

Tbh there are very few complaints where we are actually at fault, and those are unlikely to pop up on any forum as they are dealt with and resolved swiftly and privately.

But those who 'rant' on a forum are usually those who actually have either done something wrong, or contributed to the problem, or are looking to save a few bucks off their holiday costs, or don't like the t&c's that they signed up to when they are applied. And I certainly won't be blackmailed... which some people don't realise they are doing by saying: 'unless we give them X then I'm going to post Y and tell Z'

70,000+ passengers and we can never keep everyone happy all the time. Happy

Cheers.

Andree
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andy, you figure cos someone was a gobshite they must be Irish?

Must be great to be so superior living in the most important and superior country in the world f#*king over the plebs of any European country they are strong enough to outmuscle
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I don't know anything about you, but I wasn't impressed by you referring to your customers complaints as the silly season.
The person making the complaint didn't seem to be ranting either, do you think that if somebody airs their complaint on the internet they are ranting?
I think he has a right to air his complaint on the internet if he wants to, but you seem to be saying anybody who does that is usually in the wrong.
Is that the same for people who write to newspapers or Watchdog or Ombudsmen, or just people who complain about you?

You've posted more than him, does that mean you are ranting?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
peanuthead wrote:
andy, you figure cos someone was a gobshite they must be Irish?

Must be great to be so superior living in the most important and superior country in the world f#*king over the plebs of any European country they are strong enough to outmuscle

I assume he is guessing his nationality from his name and not because of his posting, but that is an assumption on my part.

nevis1003,

I am guessing (but again an assumption on my part) that he wasn't referring to the individual, just that its the time of year when they are mega busy and get the odd complaint who takes it to the masses. I am not agreeing who is in the right or the wrong here I will add.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My little bit of advice, having a great deal of sympathy for both parties here. Forgive and forget. It's liberating Very Happy
ski holidays
Used Alpybus 2 weeks ago, brilliant service.
snow report
ansta1, very diplomatic. But how is JezzieG an Irish name? (Obviously Matthew O Riordan is probably related to Brian O Driscoll)
snow report
I don't think any of the "Irish" stuff is relevant but it is offensive.
ski holidays
** Update for everyone - ChamExpress have shown their TRUE colours - THEY JUST DON'T CARE

As you have all seen in this thread, I got in touch with ChamExpress 4 weeks ago to raise my unhappiness with them not picking us up, my girlfriend and I having to find an alternative arrangement, and my request to no longer use the next flexi ticket I had purchased because I did not want to use ChamExpress again given the experience I had.

4 weeks has now passed, not one email response in regards to this issue other than an initial email saying they would get back to me but never did. However, as you would expect from a company that worries about their public image but does not care about individual customers, when I post in a public forum I get a response in less than 24 hours. After all their claims in this forum thread about doing the right thing and only not replying because they were busy and it was the Christmas period, they have still not got back to me. I can only imagine they will now reply with some other incorrect claims.

Sorry ChamExpress, but you are not a nice company and I sincerely hope other customers find alternative providers.
snow report
see robauxgets above......
ski holidays
@eddiethebus - I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a response from ChamExpress. I am a customer and I contacted them about a) a transfer they did not provide because they were late, b) a refund on a transfer that was as yet not booked i.e. I paid in advance so wanted my money back. They have still not replied to my email. I don't think forgive & forget is really applicable here, I just want to know what their position is and if I can have my money back, and they clearly cannot be bothered to reply.
snow report
BTTT rolling eyes
latest report
if its not school holidays and time is important don't book with any of them, just pay the rep for the first one that leaves....
ski holidays
having just used Mountain Drop-offs for a visitor- can highly recommend them- sent both email and text confirmation for the princely sum of 26 euros each way & when my slightly idiotic visitor missed their flight- they picked him up from a later one at no extra charge- no doubt outside their offical T&C's. Equally, if you are hiring a car at Geneva- do it from the swiss side of the aiport to ensure that you get snow-tyres & the vignette to use on swiss motorways- also A LOT easier to find when it comes to drop-off!
latest report
Don't use CHAM EXPRESS OR ALPY BUS - same bunch and the customer service is shocking. I've had enough of them. I live in Chamonix and we hire our chalet too and won't recommend them. They're losing customers and will offer no flexibility. As for this Andrew guy on the thread - how amateur and quite frankly nasty. I mean is he for real? Shocked that a brand would a) behave so stupidly and b) in a public forum full of customers. As a CMO, someone would be looking for a new job because I couldn't imagine us ever speaking to customers in that way. No matter what. Times are changing as we live in a customer-centric world now. Mountain Drop-Off by much better option. The word is spreading... I tried to book a transfer for tomorrow and they're fully booked.
snow conditions
@Cham_Ninja, ChamExpress is now owned by ALSA (so not Andrew anymore) as are EasyBus and AlpyBus. It's a while since I used ChxEx, but I use Easy and Alpy a fair bit. They both seem pretty reasonable to me so long as you realise what they all are, varying degrees of 'no frills' transfer services.
latest report
Faux outrage at a 4 year old thread. Not particularly ninja like
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy