Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Board Sizes??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im currently boarding on a 154cm wild duck board but have been looking to get a 155cm Salomon board,

Will this make any difference to my riding, i know it should be between nose and chin but 154 just feels more comfortable for me but i dont want to splash out on something if its going to have a massive effect on my riding,

Im 5'5 to 5'6ish and weigh 11 stone with size 8 boots,

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davemk5golf, The board type is likely to have more of an effect on your boarding than the 1 cm difference in size. Most board company's websites have a section that helps you calculate what size board suits your weight and height.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

i know it should be between nose and chin

This is a load of p*sh. The correct board length is determined by your weight, not your height unless you're exceptionally short & fat or tall & skinny. Look at the Salomon website and see what length they recommend for your weight in the board you're interested in.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the advice i shall take a look
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davemk5golf wrote:
Im currently boarding on a 154cm wild duck board but have been looking to get a 155cm Salomon board,

Will this make any difference to my riding, i know it should be between nose and chin but 154 just feels more comfortable for me but i dont want to splash out on something if its going to have a massive effect on my riding,

Im 5'5 to 5'6ish and weigh 11 stone with size 8 boots,

Thanks

if your learning and/or want aan all mountain board then add 2/3cm to the length without any problems , then factor in your weight for your height, if your on the heavy side add a couple more cm's , or a wide board, the only time you need a short board is for tricks really and then how good are you at it?? a longer board will work just aswell on piste, a lot better off piste and will make the traverse runs a lot easier!! i always advise to go a bit bigger theres no disadvantage only benifits unless like a say your into tricks, plus you have to factor in your ability, a mate borrows my spare board(164) he is 5'9" and 12stone and loves it had no problems even in trees off piste , he fly's on piste !! i'd consider a 157 all mouintain board and make it a RIDE Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Get a Donek all mountain 169 wide.. its as stiff as a er.. board...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stevomcd, has given the correct answer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Recently I rode a 160cm one day, and a 168cm of the same board (a Burton Cruzer) the next day. Just for a laugh.

After the initial 5 minutes of thinking "crikey, this is a bit big" I couldn't really tell the difference other than that the 168 took a bit longer to turn, like piloting a narrowboat on a canal.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think the biggest difference between my 164 and 171 is in the flex with the splitboard being so much softer, same for the differnece between the 171 and my 159.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
How about a 157, wide rocker (K2 Turbo Dream) for a 5' 11" 16.5st dude? I'm trying to hit the powder, seems ok so far but I haven't hit anything really deep yet.

(I know what you're going to say; "you need something longer". I just need to hear you say it) rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy