Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Smoke Ti or Atomic Blackeye?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Thinking about one of the above two skis.

Just intermediate, 6'"2, 88kg.

I guess the "non Ti" Blackeye will be a bit less stiff. Any idea of the difference between the two?

Cheers,

Andy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Andy, I haven`t tried the Smokes but I have the non TI Blackeye in 157. I`m 5`4"

They are awesomely versatile, especially good in moguls and off piste. Skiing through fresh powder trees is a dream with these. At the length I have they had a limit on the piste and at speed they felt a little soft and would want the Ti`s. But as I don`t ski piste that much i made the right choice for me.

Even at 79 waist they handle powder very well and have found them possibly the most fun, easy to use ski I have owned. there is no fighting or having to drive these to make them turn.

Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds excellent. I would use mainly on piste though, but like many peeps like the idea of the possibility of off piste adventure!

Would probably prefer a wee bit soft to a wee bit stiff (just realsied that sounds a bit dodgy!). Embarassed

Anybody got the Smoke Ti's?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Im 86Kg 5ft 7" and ski the Blackeye Ti in 171cm

As said before they are not bad on piste and come into their own when you go play off piste. Im a level 6/7 skier on the SCGB scale and the Blackeyes are a bit much for me at the moment, they need pushing to get the most from them but when you do they shine

I would suggest the non ti Blackeye or the shorter length in Ti would be good for you. The Blackeye is nicer looking than the Smoke imho

Only fault I can find is that the top sheet marks easily

Oh and move your boots forwards on them, Mine ski much better with my boot centreline 2" in front of the mark. The nice thing with the standard binding is that moving them is dead easy and need no tools. Experiment to find your sweet spot
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Keen to see if anyone has experience of the Smoke Ti. Anybody?

Ellis Brigham say it's more on piste, which is what I want (with some off piste capability thrown in).

Also, the Blackeye is stiffer so I would be more likely to go with the Smoke, but then the Smoke seems to be just a bit too beginner-ish, hence the Smoke Ti seeming a good option.

Anybody got any thoughts on this? Also, are they likely to be cheaper in a month or just sold out (1.72m)?

cheers!

Andy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All I know is my non-Ti Blackeye are very very soft, almost noodles!

If you haven`t already you might try looking on Epic ski forum. They have most skis reviewed by owner/users.

Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I`m no expert but from reviews I have read you may find the Nomad Blackeye Ti suitable for you. Excellent on piste but also very versatile for exploring the more adventurous stuff.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers Susie.

Does anyone know about the Smoke Ti?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy