Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc 1950 Ski Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm off to Arc 1950 on 10/04 and have tried to avoid hiring from Concept Board shop because of the reported horrendous queues on Sunday mornings/Sat evenings. I hired from Freeride instead only to now discover that it would appear to be the same shop as Concept. Doh!!! Shocked

So a couple of questions if I may... is there still a queue problem with Concept and what time does the lift up to Arc 2000 close on a Saturday night? I've read in a couple of places that it *used* to be 5pm but cant find what the new time is.

Any recommendations for hire in Arc 2000 gratefully received.

Thanks

Ian
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IANL100, the Freeride queue seemed to be better this week.

If you use snowrental.net they also show Spirit Sport ( what was Ogier) now backed by one of the chains, at the same price as freeride. I thought originally that the screens didn't work, but actually if you click on "book it" it does go through, so that might be an alternative for future.

At 2000 we always use Sylvain at Equilibres http://equilibres.free.fr for hire and servicing. Give him a call - he'll match most internet discounts, especially if you tell him you've been recommended.

The cabriolet is now open to 11pm 7 days a week (although there is a gap of 1/2 hour IIRC about 10pm - but you can check the boards at top and bottom for details.) No thanks to arc2000, who refused to pay for it, the extra opening hours are all being charged to the SMA account of 1950.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks JimW

I booked through Snowrental a few weeks ago, at the time only Freeride was an option. I'll see if they can just switch my booking to Spirit Sport.

Cheers

Ian
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quick update if anyone's interested...

Queues to hire at Spirit Sport on Saturday around 5ish were awful. About 1.5hrs of queuing chaos. Never experienced anything like it.

Les Arcs 1950 was great but eye wateringly expensive.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IANL100 wrote:
Quick update if anyone's interested...

Queues to hire at Spirit Sport on Saturday around 5ish were awful. About 1.5hrs of queuing chaos. Never experienced anything like it.

So if you don't pre-book you can go elsewhere - best 20euro I've had ever spent to be in a bar having a beer rather than standing in a frikking Q in a shop for 90 minutes...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy