Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When are new 2011 skis on sale?

Poster: A snowHead
Having recently tested some 2011 skis, I am saving my pennies to buy a pair .... does anyone know when I can expect to see them on sale? I assume online will be the first place?

It almost seams daft that I have had them on my feet and can't buy them! Puzzled

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well when hunting new boots for my daughter the shops seemed agreed the new season stock would be appearing around September, don't know if boots and skis are on the same timetable though.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Why would you want to buy 2011 skis? The '10 ones are just starting to come in at decent prices. wink

</scots>
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kersh, Shops normally add them to there stock list in about early September some will have them ready to go in August though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2011 is just a number.

Get a top end 2010 model in the end of season sales. And if your that good to really really need a 2011 model, then you probably realise it is just marketting.

Cheers
Bob
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
2011 stuff will be generally available from september some shops take in stock a little later, some stuff is already out there depending on what it is and where it is Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kersh, I'm kind of with brian on this, but then again if you really liked what you skied then crack on. I'd have thought the easiest thing would be to e-mail the company whose skis you liked direct to ask them and ensure you can be first in line?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stockli are selling their 10/11 collection already - new graphics and some women's models...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When is considered to be "end of season" ? May?

andy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Maybe I should just buy some 09/10 skis. I'm after a pair of Salomon Tornado Ti skis in 173. I know the Tornado was changed for this year, are there any changes apart from the graphic for 10/11.

When I went out on the 10/11 ski a couple of weeks ago, they were just great for me. The last thing I want to fo it buy the 09/10 ski to find they behave differently.

Cheers
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This was all I could find to suggest they will be the same
http://www.biglines.com/forum/salomon-demos-sale
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kersh, They are the same from next year, the only change last year was they stiffined them up and amended the tip.

But graphices etc for 2010.11 will be the same
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Andythejock, May for the best selection, August for the best price.

Cheers
Bob
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks. Fattes13, I skied the 08/09 Tornado Ti and the revised model seamed a lot more stable and easier to use despite them being stiffer. I know they also widened the middle of the ski as well as altering the tip.

I'll have a look around and see what's available in the sales.

Cheers
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kersh, The width change in the middle is quite small and the reason they would seem more stable is the extra stifness.

If you look at the older model you will see 2 titanum strips near the side of the ski but when you look at the newer model you will see a sheet of titanuim.

The changes where designed to make the ski more stable particulary at high speed. Know allot of people using them and they all love them and all of them say they can tell the diffrence betwen the two models with this years being more stable.
snow report
glasgowcyclops wrote:
Andythejock, May for the best selection, August for the best price.

Cheers
Bob

Cheers Bob.

If I wait till August but am basically looking for a quality all mountain intermediate ski, should I still get what I'm after?

Andy frae Auld Reekie.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy