Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots sold size too big!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last season I bought some boots from Snow and Rock in covent garden, was fitted by a guy in the store who seemed very knowledgable. I then headed off to the slopes, had a good week, but found towards the end of the week my heels were lifting on flexing and the right boot was very loose and it was very difficult to control the ski. On returning to London, I headed straight back to the store and explained the problem, their solurtion was to glue a thin layer of foam aroud the ankle part on the inner. This year in January I had the same problems as before, but worse and on some days had to give up skiing as I either had the boots so tight they cut off my circulation and I had no control or they were too loose and in both situations my heels were still lifting. During my ski trip in Val earlier this month i decided enough was enough and went to a boot fitter in resort who without even looking at my boots or feet instantly diagnosed that my boots were too big just from description of the problem, the next day I went to a highly recommended boot fitter in the resort who said the same and showed me that my feet measured at 23cm but I had been sold boots that were 24.5cm and I opted to buy new boots. I now want to take the old ones back to the store because I feel that getting the correct size is such a basic and fundamental part of the fitting process that really the shop should take some responsibility for this, if it was a case that the boots were wrong for any other reason i think I could accept it but being the worng size, they were just all worng from the start. I have my receipt still and the 'fitting form' on which it written my left foot is 23.5cm and right is 24cm but this is not the case, and when my feet were remeasured I saw for myself that they are both 23cm.
Any advice or tips on what to do? My plan had been to take them back to the shop and speak to them there.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hummm I would write to the head office personally before going into the shop and explaining the situation...If they want to inspect your feet in the boots fitted then hopefully they will make sure one of there "trainers" do or see over the fit who are very knowledgeable guys and know what they are doing! I think this way u are more likely to see something done. Any other way I really don't see you seeing anything back...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dansmith, Thanks for the advice I think I'll do just that.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flattoad, check the website:

http://www.snowandrock.com/terms-and-conditions/content/fcp-content

Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee

When you buy boots from us we guarantee they will fit. If any problems develop we will change the boot or refit them at no charge with a refund of any difference if you change to a cheaper model. If after skiing in the boots you discover any fit problems we will continue to offer a free refitting service. Finally, if despite our refitting efforts your boots prove unsuitable and have been skied for less than 14 days we will issue you with a credit note less the comfort guarantee credit. A list of these charges are laid out on page 217 of our catalogue. To achieve the highest quality of fit a custom foot bed is essential.

The following conditions apply to the Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee: Cash refunds are not given.

◦You must retain your original purchase receipt.
◦The comfort guarantee is only valid for the season in which the boots are purchased. Boots purchased between September 1st 2009 and 15th April 2010 are valid for the 2009/10 winter season, finishing on the 15th April 2010. For boots purchased after April 15th 2010 the comfort guarantee is valid until the end of April 2011.
◦This guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
◦You must retain your original purchase receipt.
◦Ski Boots purchased via snowandrock.com will not be covered by our exclusive Comfort Guarantee unless taken in to one of our stores (except Kings Road Chelsea + Harrods) for assessment by one of our trained boot fitters. This service is free of charge. Please take your receipt.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Kitenski I had a look at that but the problem is these boots where bought last season. I think I will contact S+R head office and see what they have to say but I suspect that it will turn out that I'll just have to take the hit and learn an expensive lesson (certainly won't be the first person).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flattoad, I would push them and at least try to get some form of credit note.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think it would be unreasonable to expect S&R to continue to honour their promise after two seasons. You could have gained or lost a fair bit of weight in that time, and that would affect your fitting.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, as I had to pass S+R covent garden today anyway I decided to go in with my boots and see what the situation was, and I was very surprised and pleased when they without quibble fully refunded the money for the boots. They literally measured my feet, got the store manager to also measure my feet and there was no question, it was either new boots or a full refund and as I have already purchsed new boots they gave me back my money. So a massive thanks to Taz (the manager) and the team at S+R for absolutely fantastic customer service, a great result and they were extremely apologetic.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flattoad, That's excellent Very Happy
and thank you for posting the end of the story, so often people don't bother.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The End.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy