Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier Snowheads Powder Party

Poster: A snowHead
Finally some fresh snow and despite the gloomy forecast an array of snowHead's descended on Verbier. Rain in the Le Chable car park wasn't a great start.....

Fortunately by the top of Funispace there was a glimmer of sunshine. We headed for Gentianes via Chasseur and Col des Mouches....

snowHead's lining up for some bumpy pow. Skidog leads the charge.

CSki getting to grips with some Kuros!

Got heavier down at the bottom of Chasseur and you could feel the old bumps underneath...

Then the sun came out proper so we hotfooted it up to Mt Fort and enjoyed the chunky powder under the cables...

Skidog appears from the mist...

Horizon, Idris and Skidog looking happy...

This is why...

Horizon trying to fly

Cski looking pleased with herself

There were even freshies to be had on the Gentianes itinerary!

Straight back up for everyones favourite - superbowl

No going through to the old base here!

Tom shredding

Whoops

Nice cartwheel

Swirly (aka Mr Cool...)

Cski getting horizontal on the Kuros

Gorilla looking serious...

Pow everywhere

Horizon proving skis under 100mm still have a (limited) use...

Gorilla

Made it to the bottom as the weather came in. By the time we got back to Tortin it was snowing heavily. Hopefully same again tomorrow...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 27-03-10 18:45; edited 5 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having just spoken to Skidog I await the photo-fest with baited breath.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bobinch, I love that last picture. snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
laundryman wrote:
bobinch, I love that last picture. snowHead
Me too. That is gorgeous! snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank so much for everyone's company, it was such an awesome day. I even got back to the M25 just in time for Yummy Svindal's slalom run, can't get better than that!
I couldn't resist parking the Kuros next to Andre Myhre's race skis at the Carlsberg.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A few more photos:

The hike up to Super Bowl:

A view up Super Bowl:

Tom (not a sH but we will see about that):

bobinch choosing an original route:

Cedric down Mt Fort:

Cedric in a cloud of... awesomeness: (I did it large just because its so awesome)

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A couple more...

Henrik looking bling in the luminous 1 piece....

RPF on his favourite new toys - the Redeemers!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bobinch wrote:
A couple more...

My eyes, my eyes!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What a bunch of posers Mad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bobinch, snowHead snowHead snowHead great pictures. Love that suit!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno, jealousy is a terrible thing! Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think that sums up today perfectly. Considering it was only clear from 10 till half 1: good work all round. Loving that photo of me copying the patented X. De La Rue powerslide Laughing

Great to meet a few new people too. Hope for more tomorrow, it's been raining in Nendaz for a while, should be snow not much higher up.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jesus H. Looks great - a week to go for me - I was beginning to fear the worst but it looks like a could be a great week.

This season lark you guys have done in the 4V is a dream to me, has it been as much fun as it looks and are you back to some sort of career when it ends?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fifespud, I don't know about the rest of them but I'm totally unemployable now! If the forecast is right your trip won't suck Madeye-Smiley

Arno, yes we are, but hey, life is good NehNeh .

There was a split in the group due to 3 of us not getting on the same cable car as the rest of the group. We had to do a run down Stairway it didn't suck but we have no photographic evidence to prove it. Thanks to all the snowHead's we skied with today great to meet some new faces and to ski with some familiar ones on a day like today. It was a large group (with a high average waist width (of ski)).

Rain in le Chable too should be good tomoro. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good effort peoples!
snow conditions
nice work.... Cool
snow report
More outstanding pictures and some very handy skiers too !

I have never seen Gentiane without moguls.

1 week and I'm there. Hope this promised cold spell actually materialises.
snow report
I hate you all.

Just wanted you to know that Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
bobinch wrote:
A couple more...

My eyes, my eyes!

What can I say, I like my men colourful!

Tomorrow looks good, maybe Mont Gele?
snow report
CSki wrote:
What can I say, I like my men colourful!

Really? wink
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Go on the Verbi-massive! Going green
latest report
Another 30cm had fallen overnight at Col e Gentianes. 16cm at Les Ruinettes. Unfortunately not great viz and the high lifts weren't open first thing so we did a few laps of the Lac De Vaux bowl...

Kev - a new Kuro fan...

Horizon out of the BASI text book...

When it was clear the top lifts weren't opening before lunch we headed down towards Vallon d'Arbi. Bit of sluff going on the steeper slopes...

Only a handful of tracks in the Vallon d'Arbi Very Happy

On the path to the Col des Mines

No tracks here!

Horizon and Irbis

Camerman's privilege!

snowHead's shredding

Tim eating pow

Skidog shows the way through the bushes

Back to Medran from Savoleyres

On the traverse into Tortin from Mt Fort

The Stairway to heaven main chute

Horizon buried

Irbis shows him how it should be done

Happy Days

Great day. Not great viz but snow conditions up high rival anything this season. Backside should be open today.... Some of us off to Cham hoping for an epic day....
latest report
Great days out folk. Thanks for the pics
snow report
I can't believe I got such bad bad snow Sad
Got back saturday morning from my week! There was still enough on pistes to keep me entertained and the park had some great rails. But I wanted pow!!!!!!! Got some new baskets and everything..........then Rain last saturday I almost cried!!!!

I'll put up a trip report this week sometime. I was dreading these photo's bobinch, as we got the bus out at 5.55am Saturday morning and all the fresh snow falling i felt like staying!!!! So close to staying, apart from new job that started today Sad

Great photo's again, shame that all my research reading ur posts for ages getting good pow fields was completely useless as of piste last week was so icy and frozen. Having said that, there were some ok bits at the top of Mt Fort (where i lived most of the week when open) Tortin was fun too and the of piste at the bottom of the run while wet, was still a challenge. Though my pitexting candle got a good use after those bits.

So jealous!!!!!!

Great pics though guys looks like u had an amazing time this weekend! Despite bad snow I'll certainly be back with a new snow dance!
snow report
I see Horizon is wearing a Contour headcam. Hope he had it turned on from time to time...
snow conditions
There will be some videos as well once I'm back tonight. Today we're rocking Helbronner:-)
snow report
horizon, excellent, looking forward to it Smile I could do with something to cheer me up.
latest report
rob@rar, in the meantime, you may be interested in norris's edit of my footage of our trip down the Bellecote snowHead .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GrahamN wrote:
rob@rar, in the meantime, you may be interested in norris's edit of my footage of our trip down the Bellecote snowHead .

I would indeed, where can I find such wonders?
snow report
Oops - sorry forgot the link: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=62950&start=32

But it looks like you found it anyway.

bobinch excellent photos - looks like you had an even better day than we did in Andermatt - if that's possible. Early vis was a bit poor, but it cleared up by about 10:30, and we were possibly the second group down Felsental and about the third group down Guspis with pow all the way snowHead .
snow report
TR from the Helbronner on day 3 of the "Verbier" powder party Very Happy http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1499884#1499884

ski holidays
horizon, looking forward to your pics and Helmet footage!

Top weekend skiing with the Verbier massive. Great bunch of people - CSki, skidog, Swirly, RPF, horizon, Irbis, Gorilla and thenew recruits - Tom, Kev and Tim snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
As I said on the Helbronner thread, great to ski with the Verbier sH bunch and many thanks for showing us around so much excellent terrain!

Here are some pics from Saturday and Sunday:

bobinch shows us the right way:

Irbis enjoys some untracked:

...whereas Tim takes a picture-perfect tumble:

I'll post an (unedited) video clip in a moment, youtube is still processing it.
snow conditions
And here's some unedited helmetcam video from Saturday, featuring in order: bobinch, Irbis, Tom crashing, and Swirly swaying:

Verbier Superbowl
ski holidays
Nice photos.....I'm so jealous now!!
snow conditions
horizon, nice clip. The quality is amazing!
snow conditions
This thread is awesome! Cheers guys.
snow report
horizon, excellent Smile Those ContourHD cams are pretty good (I've bought one, just need to be able to get to some snow to use it).
ski holidays
rob@rar, but as Horizon kept telling us it's all about his perfectly stable upper body when at Mach 10 in the pow Happy
ski holidays
horizon, Nice work on the video.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy