Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboards on eBay with scratches on them - bloody skiers!

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar, Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
well i think most skiers should be pronating themselves and chanting

Our snowboard, who art in backcountry,
hallowed are thy lines,
thy faceshots come,
thy slashes be done, on windlips and in gullies,
give us this day our daily carve,
and forgive us our lift line scratches, as we appreciate you gave us the sidecut,
to lead us not into sideslipping,
and deliver us from christies,
for thine is the waisting, the carving and the gorey, for powder and deeper, Amen

without sidecut the vast majority of technically inept skiers i see out "carving" their way down the slopes would be skidding about the place like bambi on ice. put eveyone on an old school set of 205 skis - you know the ones nearly seven foot of pencil ski and see how you all get on without this technical innovation - brought to you by the wonderful world of snowboard. (i do ski as well as snowboard and know how easy it is to carve those waisted numbers. anyone with a modicum of ability should look like they're on rails)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr John wrote:

The "boarders are cooler than skiers" chant is about 5 years out of date now. It's time boarders moved on from that old position...

They would move but they've got both feet strapped to it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

most skiers should be pronating themselves

Laughing well I think quite a few are - just ask CEM.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, I have so much of it that I recon I can spare some for you... pretty cheap too! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

thats like saying all car drivers should be grateful to horses for roads

The horse riders around here think they own the roads Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rogg, buddy, skis have had sidecut forever. I shredded powder before you were born (probably).

If skiing were easy, we'd call it snowboarding
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hang11 you have it right lol
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
o dear i would rather have to unstrap at a lift anyday than have to have two skis strapped to my feet, and paulio whatever your name is, yes we guessed you where a teenager you sap.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
robrar lol epic prayer well done Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name one thing i have to say is, snowboarding aint skiing rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

paulio whatever your name is, yes we guessed you where a teenager

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing result!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
eretochat wrote:
robrar lol epic prayer well done Toofy Grin

Pray? Did I? Gosh, haven't done that for a long time.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eretochat, and clearly, English ain't your first language.

No, snowboarding isn't skiing. Skiing's better.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sun 4-04-10 9:02; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This was a great thread, then it got totally ruined.

Thankfully it is now, once again, completely awesome.
snow conditions
paulio, hahahahahahahah lshipm
snow report
paulio, I was just thinking how utterly stupid it was.
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
paulio, I was just thinking how utterly stupid it was.

Brilliant innit?
ski holidays
Sorry, bit off topic.

I was thinking about getting my 10 year old nephew a games console for his birthday. Does anyone know which is better out of an Xbox 360 and a Playstation 3?

We're also going to be getting him a pet, so any opinions on which is better - cats or dogs - would also be most welcome. Thanks in advance everyone!
ski holidays
paulio, Word of warning, if you get him a PS3 and a male cat, make sure the former is protected from the latter's tendency to 'mark his territory'.

PS3's are not catpi$$proof.

PS.(1) - PS3 is vastly superior to XBOX

PS.(2) - Cats make wonderful pets, dogs are for losers who wear hats

PS.(3) - Your nephew will much prefer an iPhone anyway.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 4-04-10 11:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
under a new name, born in '68 learned to ski in '72. there was no sidecut on those skis.

(just do you know - http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_carving_skis)
ski holidays
rogg, yes, there was. You wouldn't have been able to turn otherwise.

(Born '66, started skiing '70 BTW)

Your wiki answers page is complete crap.
snow report
rogg, have a look at these - http://www.rei.com/product/775215?cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-datafeed-_-product-_-775215&mr:trackingCode=73E31C5E-B7C4-DE11-974B-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

still got a sidecut, even though it is a slight one needing great skill to control. wink

(born 47, started skiing 63, in Norway, on very, very, long Alpine skis which had a sidecut even then).
snow conditions
Thank God, we are back to snow topics lol , under a new name clearly your an idiot or you would not have been booted out before, its called slang you lady's front bottom. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I've just put the kettle on. Can someone remind me which is best, tea or coffee? Confused
latest report
Do i have to spell it out for you once again, under a new name, { what a stupid name lol} snowboarding is def better than skiing, just thought you needed to know once again as you insist skiing is better, what an idiot. rolling eyes
latest report
Axsman just some advise PLAYSTATION 3 much better than Xbox. wink
snow report
Harrisontherabbit, depends on the tea.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Sidecut – the subtle hourglass shape of the ski – goes back to skiing’s prehistory. It was invented by now-forgotten artisans sometime before 1808 and was adopted universally after being popularized by Sondre Norheim and his friends in Telemark, Norway, around 1856.

ski holidays
eretochat wrote:
Axsman just some advise PLAYSTATION 3 much better than Xbox. wink

Yes I know, but please stop agreeing with me, it's seriously damaging my credibility. Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
under a new name, snowboarding is harder to learn you idiot, i take it you have not tried as you need 4 objects to get down a piste. Shock
latest report
im not agreeing with you, i'm answering a question and expressing an opinion. NehNeh
snow report
eretochat, Whatever you're smoking, put more tobacco in the next one.
snow report
Dont smoke, is one not able to answer a question express an opinion, that happens to correspond, with your opinion, lol.
snow conditions
paulio, parents of said nephew can't be neutral about dogs versus cats. What do they think?
ski holidays
Now that i think about it, tea is skiing and coffee is boarding, tea can be good, if you mix it up and try different flavors, but coffee will always give you a rush, and is the darker of the two. Very Happy , hey anyone else seeing this hot guy to the right, NICE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
paulio, parents of said nephew can't be neutral about dogs versus cats. What do they think?

One of them says cats are better, and the other insists that dogs are better.

They can't both be right though!
ski holidays
eretochat, illusrates how difficult it is for most people to construct a convincing fake personality, though he's marginally better at it than Mr Goldfish.

paulio, if you want a cat, we seem to be in the process of acquiring one we don't really need.
latest report
under a new name, harrisontherabbit,so they had a sidecut of what, 4mm? upon seeing how well snowboards turned ski designers followed suit, roughly quadrupling the sidecut and altering the natural turn radius by a factor of ten. the difference between 'old' and 'new' is immense. there's a very different level of skill required to flex up an old school 'straight' ski to enable a carved turn, and merely flopping over sideways and letting it all happen (ok - a slight over exageration).

by the way under a new name, i like the idea of you ripping the pow at two (probably) Laughing , wiki is crap i know, but then i couldn't be arsed to find anything more 'official'.

i don't have a beef with skiers, i am one. i don't have a beef with boarders, i am on. probably why i have both dogs and cats, but neithter a playstation nor an x-box snowHead
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
eretochat, illusrates how difficult it is for most people to construct a convincing fake personality

Laughing it's a feeble effort isn't it!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy