Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Overheard in the Cablecar

Poster: A snowHead
Heard on the cable car in St Lary a couple of years ago, this English guy obviously thought everyone was French and was speaking to a 'friend': "None of my friends know I am gay, just my wife but we have an arrangement, but then I don't do the things most gay guys do, I windsurf, play football and ski"!! And then he just says to this bloke: "Have you ever had sex in a car"?.................Yikes, Taxi for Gsyfreerider!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Escaped the slush in chamonix with a sight seeing trip up the Aiguille du Midi the other afternoon.

Overheard a young lady asking "Wheres mont blanc"

She was looking at chamonix at the time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heard in Flaine last Friday. Mother to obnoxious 6/7 yr old.

"Now be good or you'll have to sleep with Granny tonight. You don't want to be woken by Granny now do you?"
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
On a chairlift a few years ago:
my student - 'when does it usually snow?'
me - 'well it usually starts to snow seriously around the end of October'
student - 'Oh! Does it snow more than once then?' Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm afraid I couldn't actually keep a straight face. Embarassed

Another time:
Me - 'We're going to traverse across here on the downhill ski only, trying to keep the uphill ski in the air'
Student - 'I don't think one leg will support all my weight!' Laughing Laughing

To be fair to the second one he did realise how silly it was the minute he said it (could have been helped by the others falling about though). Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No. 2...... Laughing Classic! Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Can't believe this thread doesn't have the usual classics yet:

"Where do they put the moguls in the summer?" - lost count how many times I've heard this one

"Are those waterskis?" - referring to any ski over 80mm wide
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boarding a plane at Heathrow heading out to Tahoe for the first time....

dumb yank to my g/f "hello little missy, where you from?"

mini-ni "er...the UK"

dumb yank "wow thats amazing, you speak very good English!"

Jeez, what an intro to the U.S of A!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
val d`isere, xmas 09; well to do lady to friend " I told the decorator to put a dildo rail in the sitting room" rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wind ups for people asking what the Gazex avalanche tubes are for:
1. they are a snow distribution system, snow is taken down the mountain on lorries and pumped up through the tubes; or
2. hot water is pumped through them to wash the snow away at the end of the season
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not on the snow but a rafting customer asked. "How does all the water get back to the top of the river" She was Australian.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chrisdavis wrote:
Overheard on a bus - old lady seeing a young mum and her (about 6/7 yr old) son getting on:

Old lady: "Ooh, isn't he growing up fast...."

Boy: "Shut up you old c**t"

Laughing

we have a winner!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Big Dave wrote:
1. they are a snow distribution system, snow is taken down the mountain on lorries and pumped up through the tubes; or
2. hot water is pumped through them to wash the snow away at the end of the season

It's a device for blowing the marmottes off the hill. Still makes me giggle.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chrisdavis wrote:
Overheard on a bus - old lady seeing a young mum and her (about 6/7 yr old) son getting on:

Old lady: "Ooh, isn't he growing up fast...."

Boy: "Shut up you old c**t"

Laughing

So you've actually met rumdiary Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
anarchicsaltire, Laughing Laughing

'Overheard' in a mountain caff in Val Thorens:

Lady of mature years, lunching with a large crowd of Yorkshiremen: 'Having lunch with all these men reminds of when I was a working woman.' For some reason, this produced a stunned silence, swiftly followed by a lot of guffawing.
Puzzled
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

It's a device for blowing the marmottes off the hill. Still makes me giggle.

I did have to ask this year...Embarassed I'd assumed they were vents for the lift or something Embarassed
latest report
On the way to a resort passing a long lake. A couple of minutes after we started passing it "Are we still at the same level of the lake or is this a different level".
snow conditions
Does anyone know when the Penken Volcano last erupted?
rolling eyes Twisted Evil
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
anarchicsaltire, Laughing Laughing

'Overheard' in a mountain caff in Val Thorens:

lunching with a large crowd of Yorkshiremen: 'Having lunch with all these men reminds of when I was a working woman.' For some reason, this produced a stunned silence, swiftly followed by a lot of guffawing.
Puzzled

Where were you skiing with Frosty the Snowman and his mates a couple of weeks ago? wink Toofy Grin
snow report
Boredsurfing, well spotted. wink
ski holidays
Nickski, sounds a bit like the Belgian water-skier who travelled around the world trying to find a downhill lake.
snow report
anarchicsaltire, yes and in newcastle as well, somewhere in jesmond maybe?
snow conditions
Broad accented New Yorker on lift in Whistler to his mates, "jeez, I gotta take a poops". I burst out laughing
snow report
Thought someone else was going to post this:

Guy "We were skiing this amazing powder in a nature reserve and saw these Chamonix."

Girl "What are Chamonix?"

Guy "I think they're those goat thing."

Girl "Oh right I keep hearing people say Chamonix and didn't know what they're talking about".
ski holidays
Tignes 2008, a cafe at the bottom of le lac

City dweller on mobile phone marching around the entire verander outside:- Oh yah just skiied the face this morining, made me feel like a man i tell you. My dick was hard like Whoooooooo yeah. Yeah good day old chap, i tell you what when i get back we must meet up for lunch and a yah.

I looked at my wife and both laughed the 1st words i could say to her were " what a cock" she just nodded.

Just got back from Val Disere the other week and the place is full of Yah's, but most seemed harmless enough and were enjoying themselves. But im sure if you could be botherd to listen closely enough a few choice sayings would have been heared. The guy mentioned above saldy could not have any chance of not beeing heared, the whole restraunt could here him LOL
ski holidays
On the train out of engelberg

female yank: ''you know I'd really like to go to whistler one day''

male yank: ''yer but the problem with whistler is that cause of its elevation it struggles to get much snow'

Said just after whistler passed the 14m of snowfall mark.
snow conditions
Not in resort but on the way up to Scotland last week i was being particularly muppety and genuinely on seeing a sign for Wigan Pier said "i didnt know Wigan was on the coast" . . .

Later in the weekend on discovering Scampi Fries were gluten free (they're not actually we were just all quite tired and drunk and had clearly lost the ability to read) i came out with the classic "are they made of real scampis then" . . . i did realise as i was saying it but was past the point of no return!!!

In fact i think i was pretty special the whole weekend . . . Although my friend got confused between sheep and deer at one point and thought she saw a bear (it was a cow). . . .
snow report
snobunni wrote:

In fact i think i was pretty special the whole weekend . . . Although my friend got confused between sheep and deer at one point and thought she saw a bear (it was a cow). . . .

Tell your friend a simple way to tell a bear from a cow is to try milking it! Shocked Toofy Grin
snow report
Swirly, I did read that as counting Laughing Laughing

Sorry, doesn't contribute to the thread but my mis-reading made me smile, Little Angel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the best one I can remember in Shladming a few years ago on the gondola.

couple of english lads thought our group was german and couldn't understand us..

"god, michael you've no idea how much my ass hurts, I just don't understand why it does"

"It'll be alright mate, just don't tell your parents what you did, they won't like paying all this for you to come and stick beer bottles up your ass would they, I mean you could do that in England *laughs*"

"its not funny, if its still this painfull i'm gonna have to go the the chemists and get some cream or something, it f*cking wrecks, oh s*it, you think they can here us mate?"

"nah, their german, you can tell, they have thin skis"

"thats good *laughs*"

.. made me laugh at the top a lot! took a lot of self control not to burst out in tears of laughter on the gondola Laughing

There was a better one in Bormio but I can only remember bits of it, some reason unless you speak your always thought of as the foreigner Laughing
ski holidays
One of my mates was at the counter of a crowded sandwich shop in Les Arcs. He looked back at us all as he was looking at the menu board and asked loudly "Whats French for mayonnaise?"

He was known as Mayo for the rest of the trip.
snow report
Recounted to me by my wife last season while we were staying in Aosta about an old chap she met on a chair lift.

Old Italian chap when he realises she's English: "Where is your Instructor?"

wife: "er, I don't have one"

chap with confused look: "but you will not safe on your own without an Instructor"

wife: "I'll be fine"

chap: "but your English, how can you ski without an Instructor ?"

bless.
snow report
Swirly wrote:
Thought someone else was going to post this:

Guy "We were skiing this amazing powder in a nature reserve and saw these Chamonix."

Girl "What are Chamonix?"

Guy "I think they're those goat thing."

Girl "Oh right I keep hearing people say Chamonix and didn't know what they're talking about".

That was quality, thanks for remembering to post it, I had forgotten!
ski holidays
snobunni wrote:
. . .

Later in the weekend on discovering Scampi Fries were gluten free (they're not actually we were just all quite tired and drunk and had clearly lost the ability to read) i came out with the classic "are they made of real scampis then" . . . i did realise as i was saying it but was past the point of no return!!!

Well I'm told a large percentage of scampi in pubs isn't really scampi but bits of firm fish (eg monkfish) so doesn't seem so silly to me.
snow conditions
Overheard on a chair in Tignes on a beautiful blue sky day:

Sloany teenager 1: "so, Tiffany, tell me: which do you think is the more stressful resort - Tignes or Val d'Isere?"

Sloany teenager 2: "Oh, I'm really not sure.....the queues in Tignes really are quite tiresome at times"

I was biting my tongue to stop me suggesting that they take up another sport, but that would have given away the fact that I spoke English and I would have missed out on the rest of the conversation.
snow report
It wasn't in a chair lift, but apparently one of the most amusing, but at the time unaware things I came out with was in the Ponderosa cafe on the horseshoe pass near Llangollen. Cafe was full of bikers at the time and I had my young daughter opposite me in a chair with my back to a group of them. Daughter had a full juice carton with a straw in the top, experience had taught me that if these are squeezed when full daughter would smoother table with juice out of the top of straw. Apparently I was cause enormous guffaws amongst the bikers by enthusiastically encouraging my daughter to 'Suck and not Squeeze'.
snow report
Verbier:

Chap on lift 1: "How did you get here...PJ?"

Me thinking: PJ his name or was he bizzarly in his pyjamas? I continued to listen...

Chap on lift 2: "Oh yah, PJ of course"

Chap on lift 1: " Oh yah, I love PJs, you can bring as much luggage as you want, I bought all of my skis, so much better than commercial"

Chap on lift 2: "Oh yah indeedy, and you can just turn up and go. I love my PJ"

It clicked...PJ=Private Jet!
snow report
Mod Note: I trimmed a load of unrelated and unhelpful posts as requested
snow report
nbt, yeah and my brand new post with it!
snow conditions
I will try AGAIN! Overheard in the Le Fornet Gondola. Young man on his mobile "Yah Jasper (cant guarantee that was the name) in this market we should buy, buy, BUY! Rest of the gondola "No Jasper, sell,sell, SELL!" How we laughed...
ski holidays
nbt, so everything remaining is helpful??? Laughing Laughing

(wonder how long this one lasts!!!) Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy