Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can't bear the thought that the season is over

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
That's my kit washed and put away after a fine week in Cervinia, but I am suffering from withdrawal pains and can't bear the thought that my season is over.

So ...... looking at a mid-April DIY to the Alps. I can't do a standard Sat or Sun transfer and am looking at Mon 17, Tue 18 or Wed 19 departure to Geneva and a high resort for 7 nights.

Firstly any thoughts on accommodation for a singleton at that time somewhere snowsure (Val d'Isère, Tignes, Val Thorens come to mind)?

Secondly, any Snowheads going to be around at that time who might want to join up with a "mature" but still pretty active and expert skier (that's right I have my bus-pass but don't yet have zimmer fitted with runners)?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ccl, not seen this one then? Very Happy http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=61759

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 24-03-10 21:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you live in Edinburgh why is your season over????????
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks anarchicsaltire, I hadn't seen that thread. I will look into that possibility

lynseyf You are right of course, and simply hauling the caravan up to Aviemore for a few days is one of the options but depends on how the snow holds out. Looking quite good at the moment.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ccl, No need to make whole weekend of it. We daytrip to Glenshee, Glencoe and Cairngorm quite happily from Edinburgh. Have done Nevis and the Lecht but they are a bit far. Sunnyside is holding up quite nicely at Glenshee, Cairnwell side not so well. Glas Maol, Coire Fionn and Meal Odhar were all lovely the last time I was there. Not been at Cairngorm or Glencoe for a bit will head to one of them this weekend.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mountainsun are doing cheap 3 day deals to Le Melezes in tignes at that time. Maybe you could call them and bungee 2x3 days back to back.
I'd be popping off there myself at that time if I could justify it to the other half, but its her turn for a hol.
http://www.mountainsunltd.com/special_offers/view/spring-short-breaks-in-tignes---79-p-p
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Rookiemark. I'll look into that as well as the Snowheads thing anarchicsaltire has linked to.

I don't do day trips these days lynseyf. Used to regularly but these days I don't reckon on being awake enough for the trip home at night. But I can put a few days together at that time so maybe it will be Cairngorm. I must admit though that having grown up in Scottish skiing and all that goes with it, if a chance of going to the Alps comes up, I'll go for that.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ccl yes but it's never either or, it should always be both Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy