Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Our big crash **NOW WITH AFTERMATH VIDEO**

Poster: A snowHead
Yes, that view looks very familiar Toofy Grin

Quote:

This is where Anarchicsaltire skied infront of me

You mean when you skied into the back of me, I could stay in front of you then Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
abc wrote:
I'm confused at the picture. Which direction is the piste headed? Bottom to top or top to bottom?

I had the same problem until I realised that the view is that of the skier who has stopped to say "Jeepers, I didn't see that coming!" and has realised that those behind didn't either...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
crash of the season..... we have a winner
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, it looks like there's a big roller and then a dip in your picture. Looking at the blue sky and the weather I don't really think you can blame the visibility! Laughing Carnage! Looking forward to seeing the video! Glad no one got properly hurt though. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is that big depression to the right where you landed ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't see which person/people in the pic owns all the lost gear - there is no-one obviously cursing or still on their backside (bar the boarder).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Almost did the same there a couple of EOSBs ago chasing philw down, first roller unsettles you, second one analyses your balance issues Toofy Grin We went back up and did it again Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Makes mental note: 'be careful on Campagnol, be careful on Campagnol.' It was crowded when I skied it last Monday - unlike Combe Vallon which was deserted, for some unknown reason - so guess I couldn't have been going too fast because of that. In any event, don't remember the roller at all. Confused

I love "analyzes your balance issues." Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum wrote:
I don't see which person/people in the pic owns all the lost gear - there is no-one obviously cursing or still on their backside (bar the boarder).

Well I see one person stood up next to two skis (back left), two people stood up with one ski in their hand (and none on feet) - one held horizontally, and one vertically, and one person with one ski on a foot (at the front). And the person in the middle appears to be putting skis on.

So there should b at least two, maybe three or even four "loose" skis, and some of the loose gear is probably poles.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum wrote:

The video will show the scene in more clarity and shows one skier slowly coming to life. Hope to get my hands on it soon
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's the trouble with the 3V - all those out of control, irresponsible, yobbos. Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is that the roller just before the bottom, where you're looking too far ahead, thinking I've got to go for it now or I'll be stuck on the flat?

It nearly had me at christmas. It was almost deserted then though because of the wind at the top discouraging people and them all going down the other run.

adrian
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
agt wrote:
Is that the roller just before the bottom, where you're looking too far ahead, thinking I've got to go for it now or I'll be stuck on the flat?
Nail on the head.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Should have launched the first roller and landed on the downslope of the second wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think ski-ing in a group of 12 people is a contributary factor - too many distractions going on and probably ski-ing too close together. I might be wrong, but this must have come in to the equation. Seven wiped out of twelve - message here is your group is to big.
ski holidays
snowbandit wrote:
I think ski-ing in a group of 12 people is a contributary factor - too many distractions going on and probably ski-ing too close together. I might be wrong, but this must have come in to the equation. Seven wiped out of twelve - message here is your group is to big.

Message here is to get out front with very soft knees to absorb the bumps and jumps and not get involved in the carnage in the chasing group I'd have thought? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
snowbandit wrote:
Just because we haven't all got 11 mates like FTS doesn't make it wrong! Laughing
ski holidays
1 & 2 both fell, which would have been 100% if we were in a small group of 2.
latest report
Yeah, as we said on the MSB day out to Murren, the slopes would have been gloriously empty and a dream to ski - if we hadn't turned up rolling eyes .
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
1 & 2 both fell, which would have been 100% if we were in a small group of 2.
Laughing
snow report
Did all the people who fell fail to negotiate the roller, or would some have done fine if not taken out by their "friends"?
ski holidays
pam w, All fallers, no collisions.
snow report
Quote:

message here is your group is to big.

who ate all the pies? who ate all the pies? who ate all the pies?
Those ...............etc
Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

All fallers, no collisions.

Shocked they must have been hammering. The guy in the foreground of the photo is presumably a skier with superior skills or better eyesight?
snow conditions
pam w, Or he was behind being carefull and skied past saying "I told you it was dodgy".

adrian
snow report
pam w, We were not that close together, 3 & 4 saw that 1 & 2 had not appeared, slowed but still got considerable air but were lucky as they saw a ski fly up in the air over the rise and braked hard, 5,6,7 & 8 went down, 9 & 10 were slowed by 5 running up the hil and waving his arms, I was 11 and am half blind and spotted the waving at the last second, and 12 tootles around slowly. Hope that clears it up Very Happy We had virtually straight lined it from the top bend Embarassed and speed was our enemy Embarassed when we thought it would be our friend.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
pam w, We were not that close together, 3 & 4 saw that 1 & 2 had not appeared, slowed but still got considerable air but were lucky as they saw a ski fly up in the air over the rise and braked hard, 5,6,7 & 8 went down, 9 & 10 were slowed by 5 running up the hil and waving his arms, I was 11 and am half blind and spotted the waving at the last second, and 12 tootles around slowly. Hope that clears it up Very Happy We had virtually straight lined it from the top bend Embarassed and speed was our enemy Embarassed when we thought it would be our friend.

Where's the long awaited video link..... this must be the favourite for crash of the year I reckon - beating Rob's rib and shoulder episode hands down (Sorry Rob@rar)!
snow report
okay, the vid was too big for snowmediazone so i have you tubed it. It was taken by the bloke 4th from right on the back side of the riser, who is 2nd highest up of the group (he was not going quite as quick as the rest). Those in the far distance of the video are the folks that took the pic on the original post. If you compare the picture and the position of the taker of the video one can establish how far the crashes occured from the lip of the riser. Laugh, I almost broke my neck Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/wOivqHLhHAg
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, carnage Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
OMG! You guys were really going some!
snow report
How long til Gil Grissom showed up? Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, you must be a lkittl,e concerned not to fall in the mojo's or do they act like armor?
snow report
sarep wrote:
... this must be the favourite for crash of the year I reckon - beating Rob's rib and shoulder episode hands down!

By a considerable margin!

Great video Smile
snow conditions
Dwarf Vader, the Mojo probably helps protect.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy