Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit Zzero 4 any good

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My impression was they are very light but soft. I dont like my boots uber stiff but thought these were very soft (in shop)

They seem to be a good fit for my low volume foot which was what drew me to them initially and I can get them at a good price which is a bonus.
Im looking at the ones with the carbon stringer and thermo liner.
I'd be interestged to hear what others think of them?
Thanks a lot.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some reviews (as with all things Dynafit) over on Wildsnow:

http://www.wildsnow.com/917/dynafit-zzero-first-look-review/

Check what type of plastic they are made from - I think there are tqo types.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The green machines?

More for touring than for freeriding so it depends ultimately what you want from them. It's the sort of boot you do the haute route in, but not rando racing if you see what I mean, not quite enough balls to be an everyday boot like the Titan / Zzeus / Factor.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you can quibble over details on this but it is a reasonable guide:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78437

like parlor says, it depends on what type of touring you think you will be doing and how you find skinning with harder or softer boots. have to say i am pretty stoked on my garmont shoguns - about the perfect balance of flex and comfort while also being something i'd be pretty happy doing some easy mixed climbing in
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RPF, don't know the Zzeros but if you're low volume do a comparison with the Titan. They've got them in Hardcore sports below the roundabout. They've also got Factors, Virus and a few others. The Virus with your Krypton liners could also work. Very light setup and is what Remy was skiing.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
altis, parlor, Arno, bobinch,
Sorry thought I'd acknowledged your responses previously but it must not have posted.
Many thanks for your advice.

I'm thinking ZZeus or Titan might be best for me. I mostly go up to come down and think the ZZero is just not alpine enough.
I'm sure if I mount my 176 Scott Neos with Dynafits I'll have a light enough setup for touring in either of those boots that should not suck on the way down. (If I drink less pints, eat less pies and exercise over the Summer the set up will be a lot lighter still Embarassed )

Another reason I want touring boots is for the Vibram soles. Arno, memories of the walk out of the Ice road in Les Contamines in alpine boots are still fresh in the mind Shocked .

bobinch, Fitwise the Virus is to wide for me. The Krypton (my current alpine boot) is a narrower fit and the bootfitter who put me in them said he wouldn't put me in the virus. He does not stock Dynafit. I'll check out Hardcore.

Anyway Rossablanche with Swirly and Gorilla tomorrow on with Dukes in the alpine boots should knock some of the lard off. bobinch, I hope you partied those boys hard last week wink .
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RPF wrote:
Another reason I want touring boots is for the Vibram soles. Arno, memories of the walk out of the Ice road in Les Contamines in alpine boots are still fresh in the mind Shocked .

it's usually a bit easier to fit crampons to touring boots too Wink
(although it's not that hard on alpine boots)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RPF, Jules showed me some Vibram soles that can be fitted to certain Alpine boots. Might be worth a look. If your Krypton's are reasonably light and comfortable and you're doing short tours predominantly for the down this might be a better option than forking out for touring boots.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RPF, I've only used touring boots once, last week and used Zzero 4's. They were very very soft, felt a bit like skiing in slippers really. Any chance you can rent them to try them first?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy