Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Neo's: Any feedback on them

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Iam looking at buying some Scott Neo's. Anybody got any? And what do you think of them if you have?

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yip - got a pair - extremely happy with them! Great ski on and off piste Little Angel

There are a number of threads about the Neo - here's one:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=60487&highlight=
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chect2000, Have em love em very versatile mid fat all mountain ski.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes I have a pair, really love them. Much much better then anything I have ever hired in the past. These ski`s have never let me down, from steep blacks to off piste powder.
Mine are 08/09 and their colour scheme got a right old slagging off from the critics,but I think they are cool because they are so distinctive.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info. Pair ordered.

What bindings are you using?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I hate threads like this .....

Last year I put in an order for a pair of Neo's that fell through (yep that's right RPF, after all the advice and convincing you gave me!!). Anyway, deliberated for months before buying them because I hadn't skied on them.

Last year I skied on the Salomon Tornado Ti while out in the Alps and loved them. Last week I was out on the 2011 Tornado Ti (that's right, the hire shop gave me the 2011 ski they had on a test Cool ) which is slightly different to the 09 ski I was on last time. They were GREAT, really nice to turn and didn't feel too agressive. I came away from the mountains having decided to buy some when they're on sale in the summer .... and then this thread turns up.

I've already seen some of this year's Neo's in the sale. Ummmmm, ahhhhhhh ...... come on, which one????? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kersh i was wondering how you got on. either or. Neo is a bit better of piste tornado ti probably edges it on imo.
Chect 2000 i'm using vist bindings on them and my whitedot skis ver happy with them. I get them from spyderjon on here www.jonsskituning.co.uk. The neos might be getting the dynafit treatment and becoming a dedicated touring ski.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got them from Sports Outlet for £269 Shocked . I thought i had had a deal with them considering you see them for nearly £400.00

RPF: I have been onto spyderjon and he reccomends the vist. So new ski's off to spyderjon's for a bit of titavating before i use them.

I want to shout: "can't wait to use um" snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chect2000, that's where I'd seen them for £269! Unfortunately all sold out now. Sad I'll keep an eye out! Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had the last of the 166's.

Not seen them as cheap anywhere else.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have had the Neo's in 176 for 2 years, before that skied on B2's. Have about 5 weeks on them in all snow conditions on and off piste. I absolutly love them miles better than the B2. Pretty short radius about 14.5m I think with 83mm underfoot. They are a pretty mellow ski easy to edge and turn but still stable at high speed, have had them upto 112kms and they still felt stable. They land off a jump with no issues and as a semi twin you can ski and land faky fairly easily. Pretty good in powder, on bottemless days you are going to struggle (but how many of those do you ski a year)? upto a couple of foot of fresh no issues.

The graphics are it has to be said awful, apart that from if your looking for one ski to do most thinks then you won't go far wrong with the Neo.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi all, thought I would add to this thread rather than start a new one!

I'm in the process of choosing between Neos and Missions for this winter. This decision I will have to make myself (eenie meenie minie mo), but am buying ski only so will have to buy some bindings elsewhere. Any ideas what bindings to go for? And not knowing an awful lot about bindings, is there a particular type of binding I should be buying for an all mountain ski (or anything I should be looking out for)?

I'm also not 100% sure on size of skis. I'm 6ft, 80kg and have heard I should be riding them longer than I'd imagine (being twins and all) - should I be looking at a 178, or maybe even a 183? I see the Neo comes in 176 and 186 - surely the 186 would be too long?!

Any help much appreciated!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
danno_c1, when I looked into it, I was after the 176cm Neos and i'm 5,11 and 74kgs. Read into that what you will ....

Cheers
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Kersch, I went for the 176s and they are perfect. And FYI, love the Neo, perfect for my current needs!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have some 166 Neo and iam 6' (well ordered wrong length, it should have been 176) and thought they would be too short. But a great ski and just what my skiing needed. They do everything very well inc off piste.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy