Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heated gloves FYI

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs Wood suffers from cold tootsies and hands, so I bought pieces of the Thermic system ( not the ready installed insoles as we have our customised moulded Insoles to consider ).
For £50 we bought 2 x max batteries to clip on the boots, 2 x the heating elements with the cables insitu at £ 16.
I fitted them to our custom insoles and placed the provided sticky cambrelle patch over the top to make it nice and neat, Works a treat for 4 - 6 hours and no squealing from Mrs Wood.
Second job was to install the same inside the current mitten gloves, this turned out to be a simple job and provided Mrs Wood with warm hands again for 4 - 6 hours.
To do this I bought the same items as for the insoles, plus, the 2 lengths of 80cm extension cables at £ 12.
The plan was to install the heating elements in the palm lining section of the glove corresponding with the bottom half of the fingers ( to maintain fingertip dexterity and keep the the elements away from the area most likely to ultimately damage the elements prematurely ).
You have to ensure that you unpick / open up the glove at the cuff by 4 cm to feed in the element, but ensure it is inserted next to the inner side of the lining which your hand is in contact with.
You will also find that if the glove is with a water membrane such as goretex or similar, this ensures the element is kept dry.
An option here is to turn the glove inside out to expose the location you prefer for the elements and cut a 4 cm slot to inseRt the element and the cable up inside the lining and out of the cuff part.
I stitched the base of the element to the lining to keep it firmly located and then simply stitched up the 4cm slit.
Ensure the cable is in the correct exit section of the glove cuff ( I chose the top of the wrist point ).
You can then stitch the cuff closed ensuring that you tack the cable down well to stop
it pulling out.
Okay so far ?
Turn the glove inside out and tidy up back to the original.
The final job is to position the 2 batteries inside the jacket at the chest area, pretty easy as they will clip on anywhere and then feed the extension wires down each sleeve coming out the cuff.
Connect all the wires and switch on, then insert hands in to the glove ensuring you gentl pull the excess cable up the sleeve at the same time to keep it neat.

Again it works a treat and you keep your favourite gloves.
Mrs Wood is now offering this as a service on your own gloves, if u r interested, pm me.

Admin - if his tail bit is against the rules, kindly remove it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
woodwood, where'd you buy the bits from? Ta.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy