Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Now back from La Rosiere also. Great resort, and fantastic for families. Most of the pistes are very benign, providing ideal opportunities for beginners and early intermediates. For mid/advanced intermediates, there's plenty to improve technique etc. The links to La Thuile, whilst being a bit of a drag (literally) are worth taking for more varied skiing for the more adventurous.

David's covered the conditions pretty much in Snow Reports.

The resort, whilst fairly new, has loads of character. Plenty of bars and restaurants. The mountain establishments were fine and not too pricey (IMHO).

We went with Ski Espirit. Excellent for families - the children were really well looked after and the ski intuition was faultless. Now have a ski mad 4 year old who doesn't want to come off the slopes! The food was generally OK and the chalet we were in was clean and well run, not to mention ski in and ski out.

Will definately return at some point. Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:37 am
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Huh, you're back then you lucky thing! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only in body, Beverley Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Mark,

Glad you had a good time.

As you can on my thread about service in France I was not impressed with the standards in Aple d'Huez although the skiing was very good and we had a great hoilday.
We can link up on the SnowHeads Sarfhampton meet.
Regards
Adrian
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mark, glad to hear you enjoyed La Ros. Sorry we didn't get the opportunity to meet apart from bumping into you at the Traversette but I had to go to BSM in a bit of a rush. Next time you come out maybe I'll get the chance to show you some of the challenging skiing, especially the off-piste. I think it's interesting to hear the reaction of visitors to La Rosiere compared to the mega-stations nearby. IMHO it proves that France doesn't have to be expensive and service with a snarl isn't the norm.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have to say that I was mightily impressed with La Rosiere, David. Everyone I met was very helpful - even Mme Arpin, who advised us that the hire of the fondue equipement was free from the supermarket so long as we bought the ingredients for it from there!

The other guests in our chalet were also very taken with the resort, and will almost certainly revisit the place from their comments. As for us (wife and youngest), I'm sure we'll be out there again, so would welcome the chance of taking you up on your offer.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No too impressed with La Ros. Went there at half term.
Only 1, 3 seater chair lift up the mountain, so very busy at ski school time.
Same lift also closed due to high winds.
ESF changed the kids lessons because of half term from 09:00 - 13:00 to 11:00 - 13:00 and 15:00 - 17:00. As a result I was up n down the mountain, depositing and picking up kids and then suffering the queues to get up the mountain again.
Too many drag lifts and too many flat 'roads' linking pistes - v hard for a novice boarder such as me.
All moguls bashed out of existance.
Great for a family holiday though and La Thuile is great - with better lifts and even better weather on accasions.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have to say there's some truth in Sarge's comments. That chair is terribly slow - (plans for the new lift company owners STVI to replace it soon?), and it's easy to get caught out in the flat links if you don't know the resort too well, as I did with a snowblader on my first visit. Agreed on La Thuile, far better lifts there.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fair point Sarge - La Rosiere is not particularly great for boarders and I can imagine that the Roc Noir (?) 3 man lift is a nightmare at half term. I did hear there is a plan to replace it it the next year or two with a faster 6 man affair. I'd certainly recommend at least one of the long drags (poss out of Eucherts) to be changed to a chairlift as well, not to mention Bellecombe I and II over to La Thuille.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes Sarge- We were constantly held up in lift queues by a certain 6 year old pushing his way to the front ! lol
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't know, these bad-mannered English kids eh?! Wink Wink Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Matt, I don't know which young Sarge you can be refering to Embarassed !
Some friends who were there at the same time as us, and on their 3rd visit to the resort, were told last season that the 6 man chair would be in for this season, but alas it wasn't. I don't think that they will be returning for a 4th visit.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We didn't suffer any lift queue problems in January - here are a few pics taken in La Thuile having popped over from La Rosiere Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sarge, hello mark how are you, did you have good hol,are you bak drilling.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mick/Mark, I thought you two would eventually get together! Going to start a football thread. Very Happy
ski holidays
bring it on mark, got your tail up at present will you be going to the replay,i know im off thread slightly but there ya go Very Happy
snow conditions
Toon army!!! Toon army!!!! Shearer Shearer
latest report
yes your doing ok i must take my cap off to ya.
snow conditions
Evening/morning "Night Shifters" rolling eyes
Lack of www access on my latest rig, so not much posting I'm afraid.
Omens aren't good for TRFC V Mill. We've lost our last 2 games.
Holiday was great, with some fab weather at the start, but as mentioned, a bit crowded and reduced lifts due to weather - big garlic munching wimps. I've skied in much worse in Scotland.
I suppose we should do this thread some where else....so I'll do that now.
m
ski holidays
thats a good idea mark,did you get the e mail i sent ? best of luck in the cup!!
snow conditions
Sarge wrote:
No too impressed with La Ros. Went there at half term.
Only 1, 3 seater chair lift up the mountain, so very busy at ski school time.
Same lift also closed due to high winds.
ESF changed the kids lessons because of half term from 09:00 - 13:00 to 11:00 - 13:00 and 15:00 - 17:00. As a result I was up n down the mountain, depositing and picking up kids and then suffering the queues to get up the mountain again.
Too many drag lifts and too many flat 'roads' linking pistes - v hard for a novice boarder such as me.
All moguls bashed out of existance.
Great for a family holiday though and La Thuile is great - with better lifts and even better weather on accasions.

Went to La Ros for the first time this year. Great fun. The chair lift is now a fast 6 person version. No queues. Agree with the linking 'roads' point.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy