Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pra Loup Throws in the Towel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Pra Loup, which has been stricken by a snow drought this season along with other Southern Alps resorts, has thrown in the towel for the season. From 6pm tonight the pistes are closed and the temporary workforce laid off.

It is about 25C today in the Chartreuse foothills where I live.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof, sad for the resort and it's staff. Hope not too many snowHeads are booked to go. BTW it's only about 25C max here in Kuwait today. Spring. Lovely.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's roasting over on the Allos side of l'Espace Lumiere (15C plus every day for a week) as well and they're going to decide in the next day or two whether to close after next weekend (Seignus will close then whatever the weather). With the snow - which, unless there's a sudden temperature drop, will fall as rain - forecast for Tuesday/Wednesday the decision may be out of their hands.

Perfect weather for walking and even white water rafting is available but that's not what our guests are expecting. Last year, it didn't get this warm until June!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not much less than that at Méribel this lunchtime. Rain threatened at 2400m and below next Wednesday too Confused

Pra Loup is a bit of a special case, having completed their new lake to feed the cannons last summer, but then there was virtually no precipitation before Christmas to fill it. Other southern Alps resorts are slightly better off, but if the current heatwave continues they'll be struggling in early April without new snowfall.

It really is very hot at the moment...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
"I've just come back from Pra-Loup where I could still ski this weekend. What's to say, the conditions are worse than anything I could imagine. How can you imagine a ski resort at 22C in mid-March at 1800 meters? Fed-up, that's my feelings after skiing a few cm of snow mixed with mud which covered the two skiable slopes: Le Lac et Les Bergeries.

Photos - no, there are none, I didn't have the heart."

From Skipass.com: http://www.skipass.com/forums/enmontagne/direct/alpes/sujet-48183.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy