Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair - flying on Saturday - name on ticket help req'd!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

As it says, flying Ryanair on Sat, and was just doing the online checkin - it seems i've been a muppet and booked my sister in law under her married name, however, she still hasn't changed the name on her passport!! Only been married for 3 years or so, so i assumed it would have been done.

Ryanair states that names on tickets must match travel docs - obviously she has her marriage cert, but am i able to check her in online, or will i have to suffer the £100= name change charge?

Any help would be useful guys.

Thanks a million!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You may also wish to post on the airline section of TripAdvisor - lots of v.knowledgeable people about this sort of thing on their forums
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IMT, maybe some hope here:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080925094541AA3F9QE
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IMT The name on the booking must match the name on the passport. If you change your name you need to change your passport but of course you don't need to change your name just because you get married. The passport office allows you to change the name on your passport before you actually change your name (by getting married for instance) thus doing away with the old approach of taking your mariage certificate with you to show you were married. Even this old approach was only necessary if you had made the booking under your new name (Mr & Mrs Married for example).

Assuming your sister in law changed her name when she got married she should also sort out her passport since this should be held in her legal name. The one day passport service costs £129.50 so it will be cheaper to change the name on the booking rather than get your sister in law to sort out her passport.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
e17phil, kitenski, Tiger2, Cheers guys.

Decent result actually - called the help line (10p per min, but actually only lasted 4 mins, so pretty good) - they've told me to fax SIL's marriage cert, and to call them on Wed and they will amend the name for £10= admin fee!!

Happy days!! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sometimes, things do work out ok Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tiffin wrote:
Sometimes, things do work out ok Smile

Let's see if it happens first.

Call me cynical if you like but it wouldn't be the first time someone in an organisation hyas said "yep, we'll sort it" only for the next person to start off with "well, I don't know why they told you that....".
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Higs, Indeed - i'll report back with confirmation (or frustration!!)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are lots of weird things stated on this forum but surely Ryanair being helpful must be the most bizare!!! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tiger2 wrote:

Assuming your sister in law changed her name when she got married she should also sort out her passport since this should be held in her legal name.

There is no such thing as "her legal name".

You can call yourself whatever you like, so long as it is not done for fraudulent reasons.

It just gets a little tricky sometimes to get certain services without a paper trail showing your name.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy