Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thinking of buying chains for future hire cars differing wheel sizes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of buying chains for future hire cars differing wheel sizes

problem we will have is different hire cars will have different wheel/tyre combinations

Is there flexibility with chains or do they fit one wheel/tyre combination only. Dont know much about tyre sizes but I guess the variables are wheel size , tyre width and tyre height (I think this is the tyre profile, correct me if wrong)

Could ring the hire company when we book saying we have chains to fit such a size, can they suply a suitable car, this is likely to be hit and miss

For those of you that own chains, can you use em with different wheel/tyre combinations
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kendub, too much variability. I'd be astonished if you could request a particular tyre size.

I don't think you get variable size chains.

Much better just to rent winterized cars with their owns chains - and check that they aren't broken before you leave the airport.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you always rent the same size car it might be possible as chains generally cover a few tyre sizes. You could try and strike up a deal with the car hire company whereby they provide you a car with a specific tyre size(s) or they provide chains free of charge.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kendub, Assuming that you'd be going by air, I think it's a daft idea. Chains weigh quite a bit, about the same as a pair of ski boots.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy