Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spring is here and it rocks....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Cold nights and warm sunny days marks the start of Spring. And despite no new snow for the last couple of weeks Verbier proves why it is one of the worlds best....

Only one ski for the backside....

You always get freshies in superbowl...

Great conditions

Looking down to the lake

The first pitch

Chris and Tim make a questionable choice....

The connoisseurs line....

Down at the dam

Quick Vallon d'Arbi on way to lunch. The right line is superb as always....

Some Spring skiing on the Savoleyres side

Down to Savoleyres to pick up preggers

La Marmotte. Great restaurant.

The "Bondesque" gondola from Savoleyres

Skiing pissed...

Superb day. One of the best of the season.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bobinch, glad you had a good day, we must have been about 25 minutes behind you the whole way. Proper spring snow today for the first time this season should make it time to start the gnarr. Saw a couple of guys ski B52 while I was at the col: was interesting.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bobinch, Great shots - however I would have to disagree - Verbier is so yesterday - Zinal is where it is at - beer is cheaper too Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Swirly, have to say B52 doesn't really float my boat. Don't see the point other than to tick off a list. North face on the other hand seems to give access to a nice line down. Got a good view from the ridge to the lake and it looks pretty straightforward although clearly a no fall zone. Any idea if there are any obstacles on the boot pack over from Mt Fort? If not would seem to be a decent route into Superbowl?

New boots gave me hell yesterday. With the boot doctor for some magic. With a bit of luck should be up for some touring next weekend. Wipe the spiderswebs off that splitboard.....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Any idea if there are any obstacles on the boot pack over from Mt Fort?

Apparently it's a pretty sketchy downclimb, reckon it would be OK with a rope for backup though, it's on my list for things to do soon. Not interested in doing B52 either but the guys on it skied it pretty well. There's a nice bootpack up the Bec de Etanges right now too, apparently it's exposed at the top until you get through a choke in the entry couloir then it's a good long ski. Saw some guys hiking it today so there's been at least a few groups down it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bobinch, Fantastic pix. snowHead Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swirly, why aren't you interested in skiing B52? Isn't that one of the more have-to-dos at Verbier? Jw, what's more challenging Poubelle or B52?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swirly, sounds like you'll be busy this week Cool

skiking4, B52 looks like more of an exercise of navigating between rocks than skiing. There are plenty of much nicer looking lines around... Poubelle looks better, ie a proper couloir, but still a fair bit of rock hopping to get in. I put some pictures in a previous mt fort TR.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skiking4, because as bobinch, says it's about 10 turns with some side-slipping down a cliff face and it's beyond my ability. Moreover, the line just doesn't appeal unlike poubelle: I like strong natural lines be they couloirs or a series of linked bowls down a big face, I've been in the vicinity of B52 quite a few times and there isn't really a line.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Now you guys are giving away too semi-secrets... wink
Super bowl is in Nendaz right ?

B52 is a training ground for top of the Bec De Rosses.
North face and Poubelle are great runs, not to difficult - though you certainly wouldn't want to fall on either.
The tricky part for both is the hike along the ridgeline - which is what keeps the crowds away.
Especially going all the way along to North Face there are some very airy and exposed sections (worse than going into Banana).
Taking a small touring axe would be a smart option.

Next time your sat on the crapper its worth taking a really good looking at the 1:25 000 map.
There is a whole world of hidden chutes over that direction that don't see much traffic.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wait for April. Everyone else has given up skiing and it snows. Powder in the morning, corn in the afternoon... Easily the best time in Verbier.

I don't really get that it's hard to get in to Poubelle, head games I guess but it's never bothered me. B52 / Northface is more of the same for access. I'd choose Poubelle every time as you can actually ski it, top to bottom. Light rope / axe wouldn't harm if you're not in to exposure.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
B52... can't think of any reason someone would choose to ski that? At least not in that condition.

Poubelle looks a bit better

North Face. Benefit of this one is that it also opens up a nice long descent down superbowl

Now this is the real deal - Bec des Rosses Cool

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah, B52 doesn't look like too much fun, barely any open lines to squeak a turn in as it looks like all side slipping. Bec des Roses looks so much steeper than those lines though!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
B52... can't think of any reason someone would choose to ski that?

B52 allows quick access over to superbowl, at the expense of some ptex and a little exposure.
Putting the first boot pack in after a dump of fresh snow is hard work - (and also potentially avy prone like the stairway bootpack)

There are a fair few local pro skiers putting in some very interesting lines on the north face etc.
Resulting in some tracks you might want to be cautious of following...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy