Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone skiing in the Three Valleys, week commencing 27th March ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Are there any snowheads skiing in the three valleys w/c/ 27th March. My wife and I are planning to book something up next week, probably Val Thorens, but Courcheval or Meribel are also possiblities.

If anyone is out there that week perhaps you could add a reply below or else drop me a PM.

We might try to get in a catered chalet.... or else it will be self catering!

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hoping to get something in VT or Meribel that week - guess you know that area ? I've skied 3 vallies a few times, stayed in all 3 areas, let me know if you need any particular advice if it's your first visit !!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, thanks for the reply. No, we don't know the area. We've skied many times over the last 10 years but never in the 3 Valleys, so we fancy giving it a try. I like the idea of VT 'cos the height should give better snow quality especially as it can get heavy towards April. But I understand its a bit plain and perhaps Meribel/Motteret would be nicer. We are wondering about booking in a catered chalet (never done that before).

It might be good to join a group as it's always more fun with more people to ski with especially as it's just the two of us now our daughters don't want to come anymore!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
graham90, I will be at Meribel that week until 6th April for the British Senior & Junior Alpine champs. There are bound to be a number of Snowheads there to support their offspring during the champs.
Have been there for the same period for the past 7 years for the champs. The snow conditions have varied from really heavy slush to 18" of fresh powder to bullet proof ice to the most perfect ski day I've ever had.
There will be a good number of Brits there that week for the champs in Meribel with the scottich champs in Courchevel around the same time too.

Any other Snowheads who have offspring racing at the Junior/Senior champs lets meet at Cactus after the Super G on the first day?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi again - we've just booked a chalet in V T, as we think the height will be better, given the warmer forecast supposedly for the end of this week !!!! But as Plugboy says conditions could still be variable, although this season has been generally colder, so we're keeping our fingers crossed. Meribel is lovely too, Mottaret a bit quieter in the evenings apparently - but maybe a bit "British" !!!! Catered chalets are great - more of a sociable atmosphere as everyone eats at the same time generally around one large table, so plenty of chat goes on. Also I've always felt it's good value for money, with cooked breakfasts, cake etc at teatime and hearty dinners !! Yes VT doesn't have the most amazing scenery but I think at this time of year, you need to be looking at snow cover !! It's easy to get over to Meribel/Courchevel for more varied scenery if the weather is suitable. I'm skiing with a guy I've know for a long time - same problem for me, my two kids do their own thing now !! Even the offer of paying for my son wasn't enough !! We've booked with Skiworld - no real bargains that week as it's pre-Easter and lots of schools are on holidays, hopefully not the French (I think they only get the weekend off!!) Hope this is all helpful to you - I was in Meribel 2 years ago when they had the championships, lots of little racers whizzing all round the place - makes you realise what the standard is like at Olympic level !! Good luck to the Brits !! Enjoy your week and keep in touch if you want any other help !!!! I'm on glacierqueen@hotmail.co.uk if you want to by-pass the Snowheads site (no offence of course!!) Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi there

We're not going to the 3 Valleys but we are going somewhere close - Les arcs which is just a valleys drive away or the next valley over! It's high, snow sure, with plenty of off piste which we know where to find as we've researched the area and been there so many times ! Fabulous place to go for spring skiing full on deal available for 25th March - 4th April at £575 for 8 days skiing because you get there early Sat morning and don't leave until following Sat night! We are currently a group of 11 of mixed abilities and ages and we would love to show you around!

Price includes, coach travel, half board, 6 day ski pass.

Please call 07815 695970 if you would like to find out more.

This really is a wonderful area to ski!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Mottaret a bit quieter in the evenings apparently - but maybe a bit "British"

meribel is very british but mottaret is definately not... you can get to VT quite easy from Mottaret and check out the racing in meribel as well, The minis (<11's) race in Mottaret usually and can be a laugh...

i am out on the 16th of April for the closing week and it is usually completely deserted except for locals having long lunches and short skis... cant wait
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks for your replies, I've pm'd your e-mail ann
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have 3 spare places on a ski/snow-board trip to Meribel, France from 27th March - 3rd April.

Currently there are 7 of us on this trip. Orignially there were 10 of us booked and due to 3 dropouts we are now looking for people to join our trip. The group is fairly international (Oz, Kiwi, Irish, British) and a mixture of guys and girls in their mid-20s to early-30s who love outdoor sport almost as much as we love the apres-ski!

The link to the chalet is here:
http://meribel-les-gets-luxury-ski-chalets.co.uk/public/meribel/Chez-Zita.jsp
The price of €300 includes all meals for the week as the trip will be fully catered.

Please PM me if you and your wife are interested,
Hope you can make it!
Thanks
Paul
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
paulmizow, thanks for your post, but I'll have to pass. We've booked now! Val Thorens it is.. in a catered chalet, so if there are any snowheads around would like to ski with a fortysomething couple then let me know!

G
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We will be in VT that week, staying at the les chalets du thorens. would be good to meet up for a morning (i.e. when children are in ski school Very Happy )

PM me if you would like to meet up.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks ringingmaster thanks for the exchange of pm's - we look forward to meeting up.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy