Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
roga, don't be so sensitive, you're the one criticizing others for wanting good snow, then making veiled insults about fair weather skiing. People always want good snow, even off piste people want good snow, and most skills are certainly best learnt and developed on good snow. People go to domes to practise, so why shouldn't they want good snow there? That's all that all the people on previous pages of this thread were saying - they're not trying to look like heroes. I'm sure if the domes could oblige they would, however snow in the domes is what it is, sometimes it's right for practising one thing, sometimes it's better for practising something else that might also be good for clients, but maybe it's not what the client wants to practise and I think it's ok for them to say that. I know that both Hemel and MK and I'm sure all the other slopes as well are very aware and attentive to the quality of the snow they provide and are always trying to improve it and maintain the quality and conditions. For my part, I'll continue to ski, train and teach in the bumps, heavy sand/flour/gloop, ice, together with the pristine, depending on what I find and what I fancy.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman wrote:

I don't think race training should be mixed in with recreational users, unless it it confined to a segregated lane, especially if lessons are also taking place on the slope at the time. it can't be ideal for the race training either.

roga wrote:
Agreed but is there genuinely enough room for a dedicated race lane and would it be roped/netted off?

roga, The slope is already netted off for mini-freestyle park night on a Thursday out of main season. There was a race on at the last snowhead night which took about 40% of the width of the slope, they ran a dual slalom so it was plenty wide enough for them. I ran a session on the public part and it was plenty wide enough also.
If the "Fast" lane is set at about 25-30% of the slope width and netted off, it still leaves a usable slope as wide as the width of one side of MK.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
slikedges, ah so sorry I'm being "patronising" and "over sensitive" as well as making "veiled insults" and indeed I'm so obviously the one "criticising" - thanks so much for keeping me right on that rolling eyes

As I say dude end of.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman wrote:
roga, The slope is already netted off for mini-freestyle park night on a Thursday out of main season. There was a race on at the last snowhead night which took about 40% of the width of the slope, they ran a dual slalom so it was plenty wide enough for them. I ran a session on the public part and it was plenty wide enough also.
If the "Fast" lane is set at about 25-30% of the slope width and netted off, it still leaves a usable slope as wide as the width of one side of MK.

Cool, I guess the slope is pretty wide so good to hear it's wide enough for a netted off area - it always seemed to be one of the things that people found to be a problem at MK, but I'd guess you guys are managing it better and also don't have all those annoying pillars they have.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well we dropped in for a late night ski at 10pm last night, and the snow was in good shape, the freestyle area netted off leaving a nice clear slope for a relatively small number of other users, and no queues or issues with the lifts. All in all another good session, other than the girls falling over a few times Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went to MK during half term, friday mid afternoon. NEVER AGAIN Mad

Got 6 runs in during the hour, well 5 actually, i just stayed on past the hour for a final run. Absolutely ridiculous. The poma was a war zone and the slope not a lot better. Still the poles came in handy Laughing

Then we done a 2hr last wednesday, there was 4 of us. Think we done 1000-1200. At 1000 there were only about 10 others on the snow in total, great! By 1200 that had risen to the dizzy heights of 30 tops. Really made up for previous session. Bottom of slope next to swimming pool was fenced off for sledging till about 1130 ish, but that was no issue as the place was empty anyway. Freshly groomed snow something i hadn't been on before. The packed session was snowless matting or 5m sq sheets of ice, all the snow in big drifts on either side, absolute nightmare, and not a confidence filler for my first time out of lessons. The baptism of fire (well ice)!

One chancer i saw went to the top of the middle rec slope, stood skis crossed over in massive plough at top, off he went, got 10m and fell over in heap, off i went (bearing in mind im not great (but have been signed off snozones ski school)), start to do a turn in front of him as he leaps to his feet skis parrelel, crashes into me but i manage to stay upright. The guys i were with say sno patrol sent him off the slope after that!

We must of got in 25 runs+, and bearing in mind the folks i was with were giving me some pointers for most of that, so more were possible. No queue at the lifts at all, so it was a case of if the lift didn't get stopped, how fast can you ski down!

Definately going weds am in future!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret wrote:
fishslice, hmmmm... a few Hemel kids do train with kandahar as well and if they are wearing the jacket that isnt acceptable and a bit of tar is right!!... i will keep an eye on this and mention it to the kandahar coaches.

not an excuse but what may be happening is that on our monday sessions with HSRC we take over the whole slope and they do barge in on each other at the bottom and a bit of jockeying to stay with their mates happens so bad habits are forming.... when the public also has access to the slope that is completely unacceptable and i will get an email sent to all members reminding that when wearing club colours they need to be extra vigilant and respect other skiers when on shared with public training nights...

strewing skis around drives me nuts as well and this normally happens at the bottom of the slope when they go in for breaks, again not acceptable.

Just a bit of feedback, the issue of bad behavior was raised with the Hemel Race club higher ups and an email to all members went out today advising that the sorts of things flagged up on this thread are not tolerable and if seen in future will result in dismissal from the club.

The club is very aware of the high profile of its members and when in or out of uniform they are expected to lead the way in good behavior.

Thanks for flagging up the instances of poor behavior and hopefully they will cease and remain isolated cases.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy