Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rental ski question - Salomon X Wing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been to the local fridge tonight and I normally ski Rossignol rental jobbies in 160. Today, I noticed some salomon's hung up and asked for a pair..

They said X Wing 400 on them. Quite enjoyed them and managed to get carving pretty well for the first time.

Anyway, I realise that as a rental ski it won't be for sale, but does anyone know what the equivalent retail model will be? X wing 4 / 8 etc.??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aaahhhh....

Just Googled it and discovered it might have been a 2007 model based on a "scrambler".

Never Mind!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd go 4 the x-wing 8 tbh
I got a pair and they took me through carving and I'm now a far better skier but still enjoy them
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shootingmike, they were the skis I learnt to carve on - about 4 years ago now... Amazing at the time Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shootingmike, I bought some Xwing 8's just after Christmas. I'm an incompetent skier, but these took me all over the hill at Niederau. They aren't perfect - they have a very tight radius sidecut (13m ish??), which means they feel a bit twitchy when going fast in a straight line - which you need to do at Niederau else it's a long, long walk back to the gondola, a boarder friend of mine found out to her cost! They are also quite flexible, both in flex and in torsion - so you may prefer something stiffer
EB will let you demo them if you go to a dome where they have a shop
Have fun
Regards, Geoff
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shootingmike, Oh no, hang on, I'm thinking of X-Blast Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27 wrote:
shootingmike, they were the skis I learnt to carve on - about 4 years ago now... Amazing at the time Smile

Quote:

shootingmike, Oh no, hang on, I'm thinking of X-Blast

Hey ... I'm still skiing on Xwing Blasts ... you calling them old-fashioned!? wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
X Wing 400s seem to be the favorite adult size loan ski at Tamworth, certainly OK there to learn on but even the very cheap and 7 or 8 year old (but well looked after) Atomic Betacarv 8.18s I picked up are way better and were noticeably so even firt time out on them with just the learn to ski in a day behind me. If you like the 400s though I have seen unused ones pop up ebay from time to time.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
X-Wing 8s here (used, but I have bought from them before and they are very good) : - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Salomon-X-Wing-8-158-cm-Modell-08-09-Z1_W0QQitemZ180479506387QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSport_Skisport_Skier?hash=item2a056ab7d3 Regards
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy