Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

For ****'s Sake, Let's Fill Up Chairlifts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
pam w, having been in the 3V a week ago they certainly do, notably the Pas Du Lac gondola in Motterat and Boilley chair in C1850, I'm sure there were others but can't think of them off the top of my head. The Pas Du Lac one was filling 2 places per 8 seat gondola when we were there!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevew, that's good news. maybe the habit will spread!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just got back from a slushy week in Bansko yesterday - at the end of one of the days the two of us jumped into the six man gondola to come down the mountain. There was one lad already in the gondola, who got out of his seat, grabbed his snowboard out of the carrier and got into the empty gondola behind.

Wasn't a ski/snowboard thing as we are boarders, although not quite as branded up.

I guess some people just like their bit of the mountain to themselves Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulg wrote:
Just got back from a slushy week in Bansko yesterday - at the end of one of the days the two of us jumped into the six man gondola to come down the mountain. There was one lad already in the gondola, who got out of his seat, grabbed his snowboard out of the carrier and got into the empty gondola behind.

Wasn't a ski/snowboard thing as we are boarders, although not quite as branded up.

I guess some people just like their bit of the mountain to themselves Puzzled

try a different deodorant next time Toofy Grin

Had the opposite once, not skiing, early hours of the morning got on an totaly empty train once with a girlfriend. Got in the front carriage just as it was signaled to pull away, thought great Toofy Grin wink . Then heard a series of door slams which gradually got louder roughtly every minute then a guy walked into our carriage and sat down opposite Skullie Shocked . We spent the whole journey waiting for that Friday the 13th moment, barsteward Mad

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 11-04-10 22:29; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Deodorant, what deodorant Puzzled

Although the temptation to hop into his gondola at the mid station and talk at length about the benefits of naturism and blading was almost too strong to resist Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't mind getting on with strangers, if it makes me get to the top quicker, in Obertauern they usually always have "single's" lines which makes it easier and quicker.. I like to practice a bit of German, and the Italians are more friendly than anyone.. they enjoy speaking a bit of english aswell, everybody wins.

THE one thing that I can't stand in a lift line apart from people stamping on your skis is KIDS! Evil or Very Mad why do they think they have the right to trample over everyones skis and push in a mile in front, its the only thing that really winds me up in the world Laughing apart from that I'm pretty calm.
Europe seems to be worse than America and Canada.. might be to do with the skiiers over the pond understanding your words of frustration wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah kids are annoying. They should have their own line and only one should be allowed on each chair.

They don't pay full price after all so they shouldn't have the same priority Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AdrianV wrote:
bum wrote:
I wonder whether us Brits are particularly bad at this. We seem to have this innate repulsion to sharing a space with a stranger and conversing with them.

Next time, try sharing a lift with a stranger and talking to them. Most Europeans do speak some English, else it might be a chance to try some of your pigeon French/ German too. You might find that the stranger doesn't actually scam you or punch you in the face and mug you, but holds a decent and interesting conversation!

nah....what the Brits are really bad is queuing for lifts. European stylee queuing is all about finding a gap and filling it, and if you can't find a gap shove your elbows out, your skis forward, create a gap then fill it. British style is all about finding the point in the queue furthest from the front and standing behind it. I use the word queue loosely here of course - it is a mass of people that is, say, 40 people wide at the back and trying to funnel itself down to an organised set of lines 4 wide. No wonder groups get seperated causing the issue under discussion in this thread. Queues really do \bring out the worst behavious (mainland europeans pushing and shoving and Brits complaining - cos thy're no good at it!)
Quote:

Does anyone remember that guy last year who was photographed hanging upside down by his pants on the chair? Wouldn´t want to share with him Laughing

Most amusing picture, poor sod. Not a profecient lift getter.

How about a que for 'sharers' and a que for 'non sharers'? We could always hijack the ESF que lane for the 'sharers' as they always seem to get up faster than the melee? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the guy who want'd to be in the bubble on his own probably wanted a smoke, what he wanted to smoke I could only guess at Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
adie, you raise a good point. I miss the fine old tradition of having a fag on the chair lift, even in France it tend to be frowned upon these days, even when I use a plastic box to take my stubs home. Shame.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy