Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Liberty Skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got a pair of these? Can't find a lot of info on them.

I'm looking for an all round ski so was looking at the Hazmat, but if the LTE's are pretty good in powder then I'm leaning towards them.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bikeandsnow has some Hazmats.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
si macc,

Got the Liberty Helix in 186 and they are my go anywhere do anything ski - at the moment i wouldnt swap for any others to do everything.

Ive just spent 3 weeks in L2A on them where i skiied everything, on piste, off piste, slush, iced pistes, perfect groomers, deep deep powder and combinations of all at La Grave Smile

I spent my mornings and early afternoons teaching the RAF to ski and then cut away to do my own skiing in the afternoon - they are IMO the perfect allrounder (for me)

Ive previously skiied, Fischer AMCs, RX 8s, Tour Extremes, Bandits, Pilgrims, K2 Extremes and Public Enemy plus the odd bit here and there on various all mountain and freeride as demos and quick runs.

BLUF:
I find them lightweight, easy to turn in all conditions, they hold a solid edge very well and rail with ease, the float well and skip through and over the crud. A confidence inspiring ski.

On the piste they edge to edge well into and out of the turns, holding the edge throughout and dont let go unless you are really gunning it and pushing some serious arcs a la GS style. They remain settled and stable at speed and remain so untill your eyes are watering at which point you will notice they feel very light and starting to slap at the tips. The do well on ice patches - but i wouldnt choose to initiate a turn or try and stop on one. Down the Blues and Reds they are fantastic the camber helps with the 360s and turns to switch where the twin tips make you smile. Down the blacks they hold an edge well but will slide through some of the faster more aggressive turns.

Through the bumps the flex and design makes them slip around the bumps like a dream no catching of edges to report.

Off piste, they provide ample float, and simply eat the powder, big fast turns - check - small and medium radius - check. Down that couloir through crust - check. A true freeride ski.

The only bad points i would say is the topsheet at the edges, where it is quite thin and prone to chipping takes a bit of a hammering - but does make it look like they have been used and not wrapped in cotton wool. A slightly stiffer flex would prevent the slap at speed on piste and would go through some of the crud instead of over it. Thats it really.

Any Qs happy to oblige.

If you arent already - try http://www.soundskis.co.uk/categories/skis/8 its where i got mine and cant say enough good words about them, brought mounted and delivered for a Very Very good price all in 24hrs!!!! - I WILL be shopping there again as a result.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow! Thanks for the great review.

I hope there's someone out there who can let me know what the Hazmats are like in the park, if they're good them theyre mine!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought a pair of hazmats this year and i love them everywhere

Not had a chance to test them in the park yet tho but hopefully soon
There were a lot of good deals on fleabay for hazmats only problem was the bindings were maybe a bit lightweight but i managed to get for £260 so can't complain
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As Jonm said, I have Hazmats.

These are a bit narrower (around 10mm) than the Helix matricks has.

Would not swap them for anything. They really are ace.

BTW I'm selling my spare set on the Buy & Sell forum.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought a pair of Hazmats from Ramon at Sound Skis. Nice bloke, awesome, awesome skis. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wow, some pretty glowing reviews.

I'm convinced these are the ski's for me, just hope I can get them for the right price.

Anyone recommend any bindings for them and where to mount them (been looking at the marker griffon's)? I ride park a fair bit and love riding switch.

Bikeandsnow - thanks for the offer of the ski's want to treat myself to a brand new pair!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
si macc, Vist bindings from Spyderjon. Wouldn't use anything else. They seem pretty tough like old bindings were before the big manufacturers went all plastic.

I mount mine at the "standard" position. If you are doing park stuff you might want them mounted centrally or "cab forward" which I believe is 25mm behind centre.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I ride the 186 Hazmat as an all mtn ride, super sick skis, bit of a slow burner with me but now love 'em, got the schizo on mine which works really well as a one ski quiver for a park rat who rides all over. The VIST is a super tough binder that I have on everything else, couldnt recomend either ski or binding enough and pretty much agree with what else is written with one word of caution, what out for the factory tune on Liberty's, mine were super blunt when I got them and some of the other models I've tested inc the LTE were hooky where they havn't been de-tuned properly.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy