Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daniel Albrecht comeback in Garmisch

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Daniel Albrecht is returning to the world cup over a year after he nearly lost his life in Kitzbühel. He will be forerunning the mens GS in Garmisch, on Friday, as he wants to get a taste of the world cup again, without the pressures of actually racing. I have really missed him on the circuit this year, feels great to have him back!
http://www.stol.it/Artikel/Sport/Wintersport/Daniel-Albrecht-startet-in-Garmisch-als-Vorlaeufer
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There was some dort of documentary about him on German/Austrian TV recently. Caught a bit of it where he was doing squats while stood on a board which had a circle cut out and was balanced on top of a balance ball - Snowpatrol eat your heart out. Great to see him making so much progress.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's great news. It was a hell of a crash in Kitzbuhel. Staggering the way some of them come back from such horrific injuries considering not just the physical strain that ski-racing puts on them, but the mental strain that they must go through as well after something like that.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Courtesy of: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/more/10/09/skiing.albrecht.ap/index.html?eref=si_more

Quote:

GENEVA (AP) -- Swiss skier Daniel Albrecht has postponed his comeback to World Cup racing.
Switzerland's ski federation says Albrecht injured his left knee in giant slalom training and must stay off the snow for two weeks, ruling him out of the Oct. 24 season-opening GS at Soelden, Austria.
Albrecht won at Soelden two years ago, three months before a downhill training crash at Kitzbuehel, Austria, left him in a medically induced coma with brain and lung injuries.
The 27-year-old Albrecht missed the entire Olympic season when coaches said he was not ready to return.
Albrecht, the 2007 world champion in super-combined, could race Nov. 27-28 at Lake Louise, Canada, which stages a downhill and super-G.

Given some of the medical news last season about apparent difficulties in communicating what was going on under ski and how the sensory input wasn't translating well to the brain (IIRC), it's amazing that Daniel Albrecht may well be competing again next month. And how gutting to pick up an injury after such a long lay-off.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not to understand this wrong, since I still think no matter what level he will be racing, it's really great thing he will be able to race at all. But from this what I heard from friends in Soelden, I doubt he will be doing much of WC this year. He might be doing race or two, but it will be more promo thing then anything else. From this what I heard, his racing at the moment is not even on EC level, so I don't have to high hopes about his WC racing at the moment. But as I wrote before, it's really great news he can still be racing after all what he went through.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Albrecht managed 21st place in the men's GS last weekend in Beaver Creek snowHead

How excellent to see him back on the WC tour and seemingly competing. I gather he was scheduled for the DH as well, but was withdrawn - possible fears over whether he was absolutely fit enough. Mentally and physically I guess.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.skionline.ch/index.php?section=gallery&cid=199

Its fantastic to have him back, and you can call me a sentimemtal old bint but I had tears in my eyes when he crossed the finish line. I think they may have pulled him from this week ends races tho, will try and find out. The road to recovery is long, he much take his time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sorry it´s all in German, but basically he will not race in Val d´Isere this week end, but focus on Alta Badia on 19th Dec

http://www.skionline.ch/index.php?section=news&cmd=details&newsid=21606&teaserId=6
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kooky wrote:
and you can call me a sentimemtal old bint but I had tears in my eyes when he crossed the finish line.

Funny, I did too. I really was pleased to see the guy racing in the top echelon again.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chasseur, You sentimental old bint wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy