Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI POWER REVIEW !

Poster: A snowHead
bad_roo wrote:
My God. You pay £280 AND expect Coco Pops? What a temerity.

To be honest, if I had paid £280 for a week in a chalet in Courchevel I'd have been wondering what the catch was. Seems like you didn't.

hyweljenkins wrote:
bad_roo, the price is irrelevant. The OP booked a particular holiday which offered particular goods and services. Those goods and services were not forthcoming. I've booked late deals like this (£240 for 4* in Meribel, down from £800) and expected, and received, 4* quality. A discount does not preclude the supplier from offering the full-price service unless it's made clear at the start.

hyweljenkins, I get the sentiment but there IS something wrong with it if the chalet company couldn't sell the holiday at the original price in the first place. I've also seen "false" pricing so that TOs can "discount" the prices.

Sounds to me that a) Tom didn't have enough budget in the first place (15 eggs?) or was b) given less budget because the holiday was reduced. He also needs a few cleaning lessons.

fatbob wrote:
TO employs demotivated teenager shock!!

This is the problem. Sounds like the rest of the stay (comfortable chalet, good location, clean sheets) was good. It was just poor food and cleanliness, which comes down to the host, that has upset you. SO you should have told Snow Power straight away in resort, I've seen plenty of clients complain about things like this and a good resort rep / manager / owner would have swapped your host straight away.

It only takes one bad chalet host to take down a good chalet company. I'm not defending Snow Power, I've never even heard of them: they should have checks and balances in places to avoid this type of situation... ONLY it appears that the type of guests they have don't have the common sense to let them know as soon as the problem arises.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
parlor, not necessarily. Some friends of mine ended up in Les Arcs last week. They paid £300 for a £900 chalet, as did everyone else in it, because the group that had booked it dropped out the week before they booked, so the whole chalet was available. Everyone in it paid the same, massively discounted, price, and had first-class service.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will write or call them. May delete this tread, I will give it some thought.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 14-03-10 18:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowtown, seriously, you would be much better deleting this thread, writing to them politely but firmly explaining your issues and inviting them to make amends. maybe resurrect the thread if you don't get a satisfactory resolution
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hyweljenkins wrote:
parlor, not necessarily.

Exactly.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowtown, this is NOT the way to make a complaint. Delete the thread, write a proper letter to the company, and next time talk to resort management at the time. The company's first thought will be that if you said nothing at the time it can't have been that bad and you are out to take them for a ride. People do this.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
had a great time with skipower in val d'isere.we were told, as on other chalet holidays i have been on, to inform them asap if there were things not to our liking. didnt have to, cos everything was spot on, to the original booking, food, the chalet/hotel, the staff. can't recommend them highly enough.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back from our week in La Tania with Ski power, this was our second trip with them, we re-booked because of a great experience with them last season. Happy to report that again everything was fantastic Very Happy However this was largely due to the fact that we were lucky enough to get Martin as our chef again and he is superb. The staff can move around over the course of a season and Martin was only just back in our chalet so we were lucky. The only negative this year was that the after dinner port was no longer included as it had been last year.

I am sorry for the OP as he was obviously very unlucky indeed with the chalet staff in his chalet.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowtown, welcome to snowHead

We on the other hand had an absolute cracking week this year (in La Tania) with Ski Power, at a huge discount for late booking - and endless port, cheese, cleanliness, the whole lot that you semeed to be missing.
If anything, the willingness to cook individual breakfast requests probably slowed things down, and at the end of the week we suggested they offer only a couple of choices of egg types, to ensure we were all out quickly enough. Not quite the service you got...
I also thought their in-town backup for the chalet hosts was quite a substantial network too, and had a high ratio of staff:clients.

The moral? sometimes you gets lucky: whether that's good luck or bad luck is a matter of luck.

But I do suggest, like the others you email - they are unlikely to be able to improve if you don't tell to them.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowtown, to post photos you have to put them on the snowMedia Zone . If you then use the url address at the foot of the pic it will reproduce at a thumb on the page which then takes people to the picture. If you instead click on the icon at the end of the url you get some more addresses - one of these will post a full size pic.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
went with Ski power at Easter in Chalet James ....
had to complain to resort rep ..no major failings but lots of little things
1) fresh bread ,,,er NO its part baked inedible rubbish
2)rooms not cleaned until after complaint
3)food was o.k ..the cooks tried hard but with limited budget its tough..canapes were laughable (pate on toast!!)
4)the boot room had no outside access so had to climb up and down 2 flights of stairs inside with all the clobber and ski boots ......despite not meant to wear outside shoes inside the chalet..
5)nothing was done about bread/food despite complaints from other people as well as us in the chalet
6)ski hosting was a non happening event ,disorganised and despite complaint no better
7)the bedrooms are all quite small
8)the tv is a 20inch model and the stereo is from the 1980s ..no plug in for ipod etc
9)this is not a luxury chalet .....

In essence the holiday was o.k ..i think they were advertising this for £950 inc flights and transfers ..if we had paid that i would be off to the trading standards people...its a o.k chalet BUT not luxury ..it seemed to all of the people staying that ski power takes your money and then ...unlucky!!.......they dont give you any of the good stuff they advertise on the website ..

postive points ,...

1)good location
2)very good childcare for our 3yr old
3)La tania's a great little resort
4)the chalet staff tried hard but had no budget or company loyalty..

you have been warned ... Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tubbsy wrote:
went with Ski power at Easter in Chalet James ....

had to complain to resort rep....

8)the tv is a 20inch model

Oh good god, that is outrageous!! I am not sure I'd have been able to put up with that - I trust your complaint led to a 60" plasma been brought in pronto?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All this just goes to show that an old adage hold true:
A satisfied customer will tell a few people.
A dissatisfied customer will tell a lot.

I have no axe to grind at all re Ski Power (or any other company) however I do find it strange that any bad review on snowHeads gets a lot of negativity heaped on the reviewer for having overly high expectations or not fulfilling their customer duties in some way.

If good reviews are allowed (by the general population here) then why don't bad reviews get the same allowance?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rungsp, Am all in favour of bad reviews, as long as the complaint has followed the proper channels before the wonderful world of the internet is unleashed on small operators. Also, I am not entirely convinced that not providing Coco pops and only having a 20" TV are really valid complaints in the first place.....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rungsp, Thank you. Your post is spot on. The Voice of Reason, These are minor items of complaint in the overall big picture. They advertise Luxury. The experience is not luxurious even in the loosest sense. tubbsy, mentined the TV because they are advertised as having luxury large screen TV's.
Thenk you to thoose who welcomed me to this forum. I am in a service industry and just used to the kind of service that I deliver.snowball, Thanks for the piccy help... here is that dreadful cloth mentioned earlier in the thread..

The cloth was left there like this at the end of every tidy-up, daily.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 20-04-10 13:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
snow conditions
To see the dishcloth better Shocked

snow conditions
snowtown, ah, our posts crossed! I was just posting the image as you had posted the url for the thumbnail. Yuk!
ski holidays
Thank you Cathy Smile much obliged
ski holidays
snowtown, disgusting! Actually I found something disgusting under a sofa in our chalet when I moved it to look for a childs toy....a crusty old dish with an old chunk of meat on the bone, all dried up Shocked No idea how long it had been there, weeks/months by the look of it Laughing Still, we had a good time with them and no complaints, our staff were very good. I agree though that the service and chalets are not what I would describe as 'luxurious'.
latest report
Quote:

20" TV

I didn't know those still exist!

But imagine, it was actually consider LARGE screen about ... 30 years ago?
latest report
I find this review really interesting, I was working for SKI POWER last season as a nanny, and my partner was a ski host. We left at the beginning of Feb because of various reasons, mainly injury. I used to live with the chalet host you had. I find it amazing the idea of an 'honesty' bar, we were not allowed those and so that was a load of bull. Food was completely rationed by the management but drink was unlimited and that should have stood. I have travelled with other companies but only worked for ski power, Ive never heard so many unhappy guests. when you went it sounds like the period when the cleaner had broken her collar bone and was sent to the uk, even so one thing to be glad of is that you weren't in during the week when a new chef arrived and was an alcoholic and turned up on the first night completely wasted! the stories I could tell you (we went to do a private transfer for a family with a baby - we werent told they had a baby so couldnt transfer them because there was no car seat) - it would make an amazing comedy sketch. The owner only cares about the profit he makes that is all that matters. sounds like you got off lightly. Confused
snow conditions
It does come down so much to your host/s.

A group of us have just come back from a Skipower holiday in Valdisere at Chalet Sophie with chalet hosts Tyrell and Ginney and they were the best chalet hosts I've had so far on a ski holiday, very friendly and they went out of their way to make sure we were happy. I also found the resort manager Geoff very helpful and friendly.
ski holidays
Yes I agree, the chalet experience can be a good one or a bad one just on the the chalet host alone.

GEM It's interesting to hear from someone from "within" and it sort of confirms the experience that we and our orther chalet guests had. - I can simpathize with the owner somewhat though. I run a business and it can be difficult to return a profit. Ski Powers prices are good, They have sent me some late bargains and I am very tempted again... but am a little reluctant after last seasons problems, it could be more of the same again and as someone posted last year... you get what you pay for. - The guy you lived with, our host, did he complain about us taking his port etc.. he was sooo laid back so prob not..

Maybe the chalet Val D'isere is okay based on the last comment Smile - I'll have a think about it!!! Then again there are some cracking deals around Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy