Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl Fuegos

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I skied these at the weekend and really really enjoyed them. They were nippy, grippy and good for long and short turns. I might be tempted to look for a pair of ex-rentals when we are out in April. The piste conditions this weekend were fairly hard & icy with loose snow.

Any thoughts on their performance in other conditions? I ski mainly on piste and am only dabbling at the side in powder (of which there was very little)

TIA snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do they corner better than Renault Fuegos?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Missus skis Fuegos. She used to race a bit back in Uni days and she loves them. Fast and responsive. Sure she can give a better review than me. Will point her towards this thread.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bad_roo, Laughing

Richard_Sideways, thanks. They were certainly fast and responsive, really felt I was ripping it up Shocked but in control. Ever since I learned to feel the difference in skis (which I suppose didn't happen for me until after about four weeks of skiing) I have had a soft spot for Volkls. Last year I bought some Auroras which I like but am finding them hard work for short turns on narrow pistes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Lou,

Sideways_Junior delayed the response to this! Fuegos are fabulous - the first time I went out on them, didn´t realise quite how fast they were, went base over apex and blew the seam of the trousers I was wearing!!! But now I am used to them, wouldn´t swap them for anything. They really make you work so get the most of everything. TBH, I´ve only tried them on piste as have never been much of an off piste girl but for piste they are fabulous and made short work of most of the grand massif last season! I got them new at the 2008 metro ski show so were 07-08 models massively reduced. HTH.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
always29, cheers for that. You describe my experience last weekend perfectly Laughing I felt embarassed (and cold) as I was waiting for my friends all the time. So, would you say they are good in any snow on piste? As I mentioned, they handled ice well but just wondering about lumpy porridge as we usually have a late season trip.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy