Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Movement Flyswatter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Lo all,

Just a quick one - does anyone out there own these? or any shop owners/ workers have any pics that they wouldnt mind posting up.. please Smile

I know there are a huge number of images out there at the moment but these seem to be of the initial model/pre release/ demo IPSO SIA ones. Initial research indicates that movment introduced a slight camber and reduced the rocker? - after some pics for a comparison in order to inform the head - not the heart!

Much obliged.
Matt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
matricks, hope the image helps scanned from the new Movement brochure, I will add further info as soon as I have it, the ski test was only last week so am still awaiting feedback.

We will be selling a very specific range next season inc the Fly Swatter[/img]
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
livetoski,

Much obliged there mucker, though my first thought was - oh no what have they done! it looks like someone has pinched some crayon derived pictoral tomfoolery from a crazed hippy. The clean lines and no nonsense of the previous graphics looked pretty cool - sadly the new ones dont Sad maybe the Nordica and Movement designers both visit the same rehab centre? Toofy Grin

It does appear that the rocker has been toned down but i suppose ill have to get hands on for sure. Those of you out there that are interested - see http://forum.ski.ru/lofiversion/index.php/t26669.html for rocker comparisons. The camber still appears to be pretty much Zero Smile

Must say i havent stumbled across your site before, am looking at an Ortovox daysack that holds the skis individually agaisnt opposite sides of the daysack - got the Rider series in mind - any recommendations?

Is it just movement that you will be taking on?

once again cheers!.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
matricks, see a lot of movement skis and fat skis around Verbier but haven't yet seen a Flyswatter which probably isn't a great sign. A ski this wide should be reverse camber IMO. Why make compromises for conditions it's not designed for?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
matricks,
There is no change to the Flyswatter for next season other than the graphics! Movement classify the Swatter in their Freestyle Backcountry range rather than Freeski range proper reverse camber will be on the new Movement Super Turbo gti ski which is 150 x 120 x 135 and comes in only 192 and 202 !! wow a 2 meter ski again.
I am pretty sure that Super Turbo skis will be special order only in the UK
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
matricks, bobinch, just found this
Cleuson 7 Mars 2010 from Nicolas Pasquier
http://vimeo.com/9983514 looks like the Super Turbo turns OK !! also looks like Movement were testing two colour ways for this new ski, they have gone for the black version I think.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bobinch,

Fair comments there, aware that the fly swatter is a pretty niche ski and to be honest i dont really need them as i love my Liberty Helix for everything and the OH and wee one are on the top of the list for new skis this year.... but.... they are on my increasingly long list Smile

livetoski,

Yup rgr that, just being picky i suppose. Have read some good reviews of the Flyswatter which is why they "made the list" guess with these it will defo be a case of try before i try to buy - if there are any with last years top sheet on Wink

Had seen the Super Turbo linked from a few sites - looks like a serious piece of kit! Movement arent messing about with that one. Special order only? assuming thats on the thought that there wont be many orders from the UK then? Are you going to be a Movement Dealer then? planning to stock anything else?

Oh and sweet video too!! Makes me want to go skiing Now snowHead oh well only 281 days to go Sad Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree the latest graphics are a show stopper while the previous graphics were cool. Looks like a fun powder ski, but Movement claim it's an all-rounder too. I wonder how it would compare to my more conventional Line Prophet 100s as a do-it-all ski?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
uktrailmonster,

What is it with the graphics these days? Nordica ruined the Zero Movement the flyswatter, the "new" dynastars seem to have just pulled out the designs from the old 4000 and 8000s and bodged them a bit!.

Have pulled a few reviews together when searching around and the consensus seems to be that it skis a hell of a lot better than you would expect when not knee deep in powder Toofy Grin which suits me given that ill gladly slog it out to all over the mountain to get away from the pistes..
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g932-l2a-and-la-grave-various-off-piste.html snowHead Toofy Grin

Still got an itch for the 2010 fly swatters though Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
matricks, I dunno, maybe we're getting old or not taking enough drugs?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
matricks, the graphics for next year across lots of ranges is much more colourful if thats the right word.

Fly Swatter 2010, there is one demo pair left at the UK importer very light use apparently matricks, drop me a line on my email address I PM'ed to you and I can give you some more details rather than use the forum
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bobinch, seen a couple of pairs around although the graphics don't look like the picture above.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
uktrailmonster,

Laughing Laughing

Probably true there - perhaps a beer might help - ill grab one and find out - purely for a scientific test you understand.

livetoski, PM sent Toofy Grin

Swirly, Assume you have seen the sweet plain white and blue design? before Movement designers went crazy on acid and ruined the clean no nonsense look!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
we managed to test the Movement Super Turbo and Fly Swatters reviews are on the web site at http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy