Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Orion Skis - More "Lada" than "Skoda"?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some reviews here on SH in 2006 likened Orion skis and boards to many things that probably slip down mountains very well - fridges, washing machines and Ladas for example. But allegedly the Bulgarian factories that produce them are also producing Atomic skis - so is this a a bit like the Skoda vs Golf thing? Meanwhile, it looks like Swisstim on ebay continues to wholesale them by the container load...

So - anybody know what they are really like - do they fit the bill for us 80/20 on piste / off piste holiday intermediates (possibly the biggest market segment for buying own skis?)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I guess the silence answers my question Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Myself and MrsS use Orion skis (Hypercarve and Space Carbon) on the dryslope where they perform very well. They are light, stiff enough, tight turn radius (11.5 in 165, and 9.5 in 155), and quite lively to ski on. The dimensions are good for the dry slope, being only 65mm underfoot. Would I buy them for "snow" skiing use - probably not - nothing in the range has the sort of dimensions common for your suggested 80/20 skis, which from most manufacturers would be 75 ish underfoot, though I did use mine on firm pistes in Nendaz last March, and they performed surprisingly well. So - decent enough skis for the money, but held back by being a dated in design and dimensions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Robin - very helpful snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy