Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing is for toffs

Poster: A snowHead
Try going for a weeks skiing in St Anton, you'll soon realise that not all Brits who ski are Toffs !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And all snowboarders are pikey scum, obviously. I forgot to mention that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
paulio, this week's pikey scum were all on blades here.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowbikes.

SNOWBIKES.

The ultimate in pikey mountain hardware.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FATTES13- yes have to agree with your description of certain people- broke 20secs on Sunday think it was 19.44- I know pedestrian by your high standards but a seasons ambition achieved with a race in hand.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We saw a number of fully kitted out witches with masks and skiing on broomsticks racing on the slopes in Switzerland - it was carnival time. I think we've got photos somewhere. They had really made a huge effort with the costumes.

N.B. Skiing on skis with broomsticks between their legs.

P.S. I'm not a toff

P.P.S. I did spend 12 years working for a genuine Baron though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum wrote:
We saw a number of fully kitted out witches......

Don't stop the canival
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
paulio, not allowed those here, for some reason.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Val last yr, the Telly Tubbies were in residence............but they were wearing costume all week, on slopes out in the evening. Funniest site ever, tinky winky wandering around past the Cafe face all on his own. He, sounding very down and dejected, maybe with a few vin chauds in him "have you seen the others?"

It's always disappointing seeing a really greatly dressed girl on the slope then her non mountain gear is a let down...... no short slutty skirt and no b££b top so upsetting!!!!!

Bring on Verbs next week! Wohoo

Snowboarders are pikey scum and need a jolly good clean!!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think I've concluded that skiing is mainly for toffs.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
paulio, define 'Toff'.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Axsman, Shouldn't u be packing Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing, Nah. Got tomorrow off to sort out kit, find lost passport, charge batteries in iPhone, Laptop, Video cam and netbook etc etc. You know I reckon you can forget gold and buy Lithium. I must carry half a kilo of it around with me most days. Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Axsman, Buy an Iphone save all that bother, apparently there is a Pool app Laughing wink
Where u going btw?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing, Val T. Staying at the Montana residence self catering (cuz two of the kidz are with us). the ladeez have threatened to cook at least once each, on the other nights when it's my turn, we'll eat out. Does that make us Toffs? Shocked Laughing

As you well know I have an iPhone. Don't bother with the pool apps though, it's a game for losers. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Axsman, Time to change your sig, before you become a toff pool player Laughing
snow report
Boredsurfing, Still unsure what constitutes a Toff Puzzled Does it involve Vodka? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Axsman, Nanny's should be involved, but thats a whole new thread and sock puppet perhaps wink Laughing
latest report
Boredsurfing, Well one of my mates gets a certain look in his eyes when he sees female goats, (blue eyed ones of course). Never considered him Toff material though.
snow report
Skiing has always been a rich mans sport...
ski holidays
paulio wrote:
And all snowboarders are pikey scum, obviously. I forgot to mention that.

now I've taken serious offence paulio. I'm no pikey, scum yes but definitely not a pikey...
snow report
Yes you are.
latest report
I forgot to update this thread with my latest observation, from Courchevel (1850 of course, dahling) in January.

A man skiing in a Cashmere wool coat, and a bowler hat.
ski holidays
Only in the UK.
ski holidays
paulio, Fabulous Laughing A pic?
snow conditions
Tragically, no.
ski holidays
Actually, my comment is unfair. My friend was cut up, on skis, in Courchevel 1850 by a Russian lady with no poles... instead she had a boutique shopping bag in either hand.
snow report
mr black, so what you're saying is... she was faster than him.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

... instead she had a boutique shopping bag in either hand

Obviously working class chalet girl, us rich types have the butler carry the bags
snow report
Ha ha, seems like that Richard Sideways but in fact it was a typical 'better than thou' situation and she went across his skis as he was slowing down to come into the main lift station. I would guess she had been for lunch at the Cap Horn by the Altiport and was heading back for more shopping?!
snow conditions
I'd rather spend my time in the company of toffs than with pikeys.

Toffs, generally, couldn't care less about where a person comes from, was educated, what "class" they belong to, as long as you're polite and good company they don't give a monkeys. The british obsession with class tends to be bottom up, rather than top down.

The middle class with aspirations, however, are the devils own work and to be avoided at all costs.
snow report
Two years on, and still no definition - Just what makes a 'Toff' a 'Toff'?
ski holidays
The Oxford Dictionary of English says 'toff' is a derogatory term for "a rich or upper-class person". On the front of the dictionary it also dares to say: "The world's most trusted dictionaries".

These days there are plenty of rich people who could never be called toffs.

I once had a comment from a lovely Bethnal Green native when he heard I was going skiing: "Going on a posh boy's holiday then mate?" His comment was made with a big grin but I think there's definitely a perception that skiing is for certain types. Let's face it, many Brits are highly discriminatory and tribal in their way of thinking, myself included.

Now where's that cravat.
snow conditions
I remember the first time I was called a Toff, damn near dropped my monocle...
snow conditions
The person described in the OP (yes I know it was years ago now) probably wasn't proper posh - that sounds like someone who wants people to think he's rich. In my experience (uni I went to is full of wannabe rich kids and some real ones) really rich/posh people don't go out of their way to dress like that.
snow report
bobmcstuff, Gary Glitter, Jimmy Saville etc. etc.
ski holidays
bobmcstuff, he also wouldn't be in the long stay car park, he'd have got the valet parking service or drive the range rover to resort.
latest report
The SCGB Skiers and Skiing Oiks conflict seems like a parallel with the film 'BlackBall'.

Affording the cost of a skiing holiday reflects the disposable income of the punter but if you can afford it,Just do it.

Nothing a social climbing snob hates more than an Oik with 'Loads of Moneyyy'.

Tough. That's the way it is, Innit. NehNeh

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 21-02-12 19:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Quote:

the ladeez have threatened to cook at least once each, on the other nights when it's my turn, we'll eat out. Does that make us Toffs?

No, just makes you idle. wink
snow conditions
pam w, now THAT is a fair cop guv. Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy