Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing is for toffs

Poster: A snowHead
Whilst standing at a bus stop at Gatwick long-stay car park last Saturday morning, there was a bloke wearing maroon crushed velvet trousers - like the upholstery from an Elizabethan chaise longue - and a foppish cravate around his neck, smoking a cigarillo, and speaking about his forthcoming skiing holiday in a voice half way between the caddish Fast Show character ("me, in a girl's private school, at 3am, with my reputation?") and Peter Cook's "Squatter And The Ant" voice.

Skiers, everyone!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
paulio, what do you habitually wear then?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not the above garb, clearly. I also forgot to mention he was wearing what appeared to be Napoleon's admiralty jacket.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulio, don't really care what others wear - or what they sound like. Why do you?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Says more about you than him i'm afraid.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The only genuine toff of my acquaintance usually wears an antiquated ski jacket and jogging pants.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paulio wrote:
Whilst standing at a bus stop at Gatwick long-stay car park last Saturday morning, there was a bloke wearing maroon crushed velvet trousers - like the upholstery from an Elizabethan chaise longue - and a foppish cravate around his neck, smoking a cigarillo, and speaking about his forthcoming skiing holiday in a voice half way between the caddish Fast Show character ("me, in a girl's private school, at 3am, with my reputation?") and Peter Cook's "Squatter And The Ant" voice.

Skiers, everyone!

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

Don't understand why he was at Gatwick long-stay carpark - David Goldsmith hasn't even got a car. Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
paulio, I am a fully paid up Hoodie from a council estate in Dublin and I'm a skier!

* although the ski club in Ireland is run by people that match your description quite well Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paulio, You would think Prince charles had staff to park the car wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
paulio, do we really have to tolerate oiks like you on our slopes???

wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stoatsbrother wrote:
paulio, do we really have to tolerate oiks like you on our slopes???

wink

Spoken like a fully paid up member of The Ski Club

wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Says more about you than him i'm afraid.

What does it say about me? Please elaborate.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
achilles wrote:
paulio, don't really care what others wear.

Yes you do. Here's some proof.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47280#1124365
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paulio, Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Saw a chap in a tweed suit in Tignes last week, I assumed that it was a stag trip of sorts
snow report
This year I have seen:

- Batman
- several cows
- a milk carton
- a stag
- a banana
ski holidays
Have you been looking through my bedroom window again?
snow report
paulio, It says that you are far too interested in class/ status and are probably insecure.
ski holidays
I saw a group in Blues Brothers gear Very Happy
ski holidays
Fattes13, you're not from tallaght by any chance?

okbye
snow report
Best costume I saw this year was Bubbles Devere. She is a toff.
snow report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
paulio, It says that you are far too interested in class/ status and are probably insecure.

No it doesn't.

Would you perhaps like to have another laughably failed public attempt at unravelling my personality, based on nothing more than a flippant comedic post on an internet forum?
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
This year I have seen:

- Batman
- several cows
- a milk carton
- a stag
- a banana

Wot no Santas? Couldn't move for 'em in La Plagne over Xmas/NYE Laughing

naturally there are two Purple Cows on the La Plagne Milka Run ask nicely and they give you a bit Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
ask nicely and they give you a bit Toofy Grin

Shocked
latest report
snowpatrol, Either you know me ior that is scary Very Happy

Was at a meeting last year and when asked where in Dublin I was from said the bit of the north side they left on the south side quick as a Flash came the answer Tallaght boy then Shocked
ski holidays
Ah paulio, I have missed your comments... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
And I yours.
snow report
Jon.L wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:
ask nicely and they give you a bit Toofy Grin

Shocked

Would that be a bit of the udder ? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fattes13, Laughing just a shot in the dark...got a mate from tallaght who...ahem...shall we say...has good contacts... for when i'm down in your fine city...

okbye
snow report
paulio, Good trip then? How was the little one?
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
Lizzard wrote:
This year I have seen:

- Batman
- several cows
- a milk carton
- a stag
- a banana

Wot no Santas? Couldn't move for 'em in La Plagne over Xmas/NYE Laughing

naturally there are two Purple Cows on the La Plagne Milka Run ask nicely and they give you a bit Toofy Grin

Saw a bunch (squad, school, flock?) of penguins in the 3v last month. Not dinnerjackers, real penguin suits. They were off piste and looked quite good at it (to my untrained eye). snowHead
latest report
Axsman, stop smoking that stuff. NehNeh
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
paulio, Good trip then? How was the little one?

Good as gold.
latest report
paulio, I once shared a chalet with The Honorable.... and Lady....... The Honourable and his chums arrived in striped Henley blazers; but they did not wear them for the rest of the stay. They were fine. Only found out they were titled from seeing the passports. No forelock tugging or curtseying required all week.

I have seen cravats at SCGB but the only red trousers were corduroys on posh pensioners. DG is not the cravat type.
ski holidays
snowpatrol, I am sure you do Very Happy If you ever need anything he cant get you give me a shout. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
paulio wrote:

Skiers, everyone!

You should have said hello I was only there for five minutes.................... Laughing
snow report
Good, I've always wanted to be a toff - I didn't realise I could become one just by skiing!
ski holidays
paulio wrote:

Skiers, everyone!

Sounds like an interesting character, as people at the extremities of society's social scale often are. It seems to me that the more towards the centre of our country's class structure we go, the duller, grayer and fecking boring people tend to be.
snow report
PJSki, Its like the Billy Connoly joke of the toboganist
snow conditions
I've seen Smurfs skiing.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy