Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Question for bootfitter -- asymmetrical alignment of feet!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So here's the thing. For as long as I can remember my right foot/ankle has been slightly twisted in that the foot does not lay completely flat on the ground when I am placing equal weight on both feet. While the left foot lays completely flat, there is more weight on the outside right of my right foot. (if I stepped in ink and then stood on a piece of paper, the left would show a nice symmetrical weight distribution over the foot, but the right would show less of an imprint on the left side of the foot).

The reason might be that the right foot is slightly flat compared to the other, that is, the arch is less pronounced. Not uncommon I suspect and I don't notice this much (it is very slight) except that the soles on my right foot shoes always wear down most on the outside right edge.

I do notice this (at least when I think about it) when I am skiing because the outside edge of my right ski will catch more frequently when riding flat on the base of the skis (or when rotating flat on the bases). I am not sure whether it is straightforward to correct this, or whether, actually, it can be corrected in my boots. A possibility is an adjustment to the canting on the right boot but this, I presume, might put unnecessary pressure on the lower right leg which is not the source of the problem (my lower leg bones are perfectly straight!) - and might even be dangerous. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any advice about what might be the solution?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 6-03-10 18:45; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go see CEM/Andi McCann for an alignment analysis. Usually easliy corrected with with a shim in the base of the boot underneath the liner. As you've sumised, this is different from the canting adjustment on the boot which is to ensure the your lower leg is centred in the cuff. What the shims do is to ensure that the sole of the boot is flat on the ground after the canting has been correctly adjusted etc.

I'm 3 degrees out on both feet (would run on the inside edges of both skis on the flat & struggled to pivot the skis on the spot). CEM/Andi measured my boots & they had 1 degree built in so installed 2 degree shims & now the skis run flat/true & will pivot on a dime.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Go see CEM/Andi McCann for an alignment analysis

seconded. My OH did this and it although he only needed slight adjustment it made a big difference and his skis now run flat.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CharlieL, I see you are in Grenoble which is not so good for visiting CEM and Andi in Bicester.
Here are their web sites
http://www.solutions4feet.co.uk/
http://www.mccannix.com/alignment.htm
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks everyone - i'll look into this. too late for this season, but something i'd like to get sorted for next year. We're heading back to the UK in July - so I could visit one of those guys. It is only a small thing (which I think I've learned to compensate for), but can be kind of annoying, especially when I'm tired and getting lazy at the end of the day!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy