Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix at Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading to Chamonix over Easter, having found a fairly cheap deal (for a peak week anyway), which allows 4 days of skiing yet no need to take a day off work. As I'll be on my own, was wondering if any SnowHeads will be around that week to meet up for a beer/some dinner in the evening at all? - I'll be there from Good Friday to Easter Monday.

Alternatively, if anyone fancies 4 days of skiing over Easter, I think the company I booked with (ski weekends) has a few rooms left. It cost me £425 for travel and B&B, though this includes single supplement, I think it was £325per person if you're sharing. Not too bad for Easter skiing. Downside is that travel is via coach (which I swore I'd never do again, but flights were much more pricey and would have required time off work). Departure is London Victoria at 5pm on the Thursday and return is on the Tuesday morning at 9.30am - Banking on the bus not being late, as I'm already going to have to explain to my boss why I'm slightly late to work, exhausted having slept on a bus, probably not showered, carrying/wearing ski gear...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowgirl123, I'm there from the 3rd on . . . sadly i don't know if that's easter weekend, should've paid more attention at sunday school!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I get there on april 2nd and there will the 5th. Would be good to meet for a drink in the evening if you've got some time?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowgirl123, we arrive on sat, (that's me and the OH). what kind of skiing do you like? we're off-piste where possible. . . you're welcome to join us. . . if not a beer will work fine. 1904 opp chambre neuf?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ww166no, I've booked into 2 days guiding and 2 days touring (fairly introductory as I won't have done touring at all before), so pretty full up on the skiing front - haven't been away completely on my own before so was a bit keen on ensuring there'd be some good skiing lined up! Thanks for the offer though! I'm assuming that's a bar there somewhere...sorry, my first trip to Chamonix!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 8-03-10 23:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowgirl123, good for you. If you'd like to spread the cost of the guiding, we'd gladly join in, but you're prob joining a group? We can get down pretty much most things. . . Chambre Neuf is the no 1 early evening bar, ideal if you're 21 - 1904 is better if you feel the need to hear the person you're talking to. . . just left there in fact!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ww166no, yeah, have joined a group, the cost of a private guide for a day would have been a bit prohibitive! I'm doing a day tour with a group on the Sun and a group guiding session on the Monday, can let you know the details if you're interested in joining a group (though I'll have only done a week and a bit of just off-piste before so wouldn't want to hold you up)? 1904 sounds good to me!! Saturday evening after the lifts close? Will PM my mobile number so it makes it easier to meet up.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 8-03-10 23:41; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Snowgirl, I've joined another group for the previous week but we will still be there for a good night out on Friday 2nd so you're more than welcome to join us for some drinks. The group is saying at the UCPA and bar 2 we don't know each other yet so should be interesting! Smile and first time to Chamonix too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
falkon, sounds good to me, would be nice to have a few beers on my first night there! Hope you enjoy UCPA, I think I've seen a few mentions of that week in Chamonix on here before
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowgirl, thanks you too. Sounds like a great place if you're on you're own, can't wait. We'll have to arrange meet up. There's definitely a couple of girls in group who have been before so should have some good info to share! l8r
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy