Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Instructors Glasgow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there I am new to Snowheads and a brand new out of the sellophane skier.
I am learning with Snozone which has been ok and I am up to Level 3 but I find that you have a different instructor (of differing style, sense of humour etc.) each time.
I really enjoy Snozone and am a bit loath to go to a dry slope but wonder if I am doing myself more harm than good. Could someone recommend an instructor or club that uses Snozone Can private instructors use Snozone toi instruct - I suspect not?
The significant other is not a skier so I would like to ski regularly with people of a similar ability as me. I fear beoming isolated because obviously the same people are not on the courses I am taking each time.
Just want to have fun and learn properly!!
Sorry about a hundred questions in one but put it down to me age!! Shocked

Thanks

Chris wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chrissifleet, welcome to snowHeads. There are one or two independent ski schools that use the Snozone slopes (Warren Smith Academy for example, although I don't think he visits the Braehead venue) but these tend to be for more experienced skiers and only run occasional courses (usually in the autumn). Other than that it will be Snozone's own ski school that provides all the tuition options.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
can you get up to one of the ski centres? best season for a long long time in full swing, no better time to progress, particularly getting into March now when the weather will pick up. get out there! (check out the Scotland 09/10 thread for recent pics)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
barry,

Hi Barry & Rob@rar - I sound like a bit of a sad sack but I dont know anyone else who skis. It would nice to share the experience, although I have done plenty of stuff on my own, other half being allergic to anything sporty!!! Which ski centre is nearest to Glasgow? Is it Glencoe? I am still very much 'Bambi on ice' so would need instruction.
Thanks for your replies from a nervous first time poster!!

Chris Embarassed
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chrissifleet, I'm from the west end (and obviously Glasgow) and go to Glencoe. If you fancy going to glencoe then give me a PM. My wife is off Ill just now so I wont be going this week.

As for ski instructors. I found SnoZone fine, however have a look at the Glasgow ski club in bellahouston park. THey have good instructors. Learn a bit more there, then when you go back to snozone you'll get better really quickly.

If you have a costco card you can get cheap snozone vouchers. Once your at level 5 (they increased the number of stages, used to be level 4) then you are free on your own.

Cheers
Bob
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chrissifleet, not at all, keep on the forums here and winterhighland, and you'll get plenty of options to share trips up etc. Glencoe is closest to you. Spring skiing this year is going to be amazing considering all the snow that's about
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi there,

Have taken decisive action and booked for three private lessons at Bearsden Ski Club which I understand is really good. So will supplement that with the Snozone levels and should be sorted!!! Blush Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy