Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Steamboat, Colorado, 4-11 March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Arrived in Denver yesterday (business class thanks to BA miles Very Happy) and stayed on the edge of Denver last night, just under the foothills. Awoke at the crack of dawn and drove the 250 or so miles here. Almost nothing on the road. Temperature down to 7℉ at times. Checked into hotel in centre of town by 1030 (adequate, but continental-sized rooms - chief advantage is proximity to restaurants, bars, shops, etc). On the the slopes at about 1130. It was actually well above freezing on the slopes. Snow was in beautiful condition, but didn't find any deep powder stashes today - actually they've had much less snow here than the previous two seasons, but everything is well covered. Overheard a local complaining that the lower slopes were a bit 'sticky' later on. Can't say I noticed - he should try the Calvaire in Megève in April! rolling eyes

Fresh snow due tomorrow and into the weekend - should be good. Just out of the hot tub now. A bit more relaxation, then off to eat.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had been thinking going to Steamboat while skiing Vail and Aspen but gave it up as I wasn't sure the condition of the road between Silverthorne and Steamboat.

Had been snowing at the end of Feb here but the weather has turned hot in the last few days. The snow at the bottom of the chairlifts is now wet and slushy but the piste is still perfect everywhere in the resorts of the Summit (Vail, Beaver Creek, Copper Mountain) and Eagle (Snowmass, Buttermilk, Aspen Mountain and Aspen Highland) counties.

We are leaving Carbondale tomorrow and will move camp to Silverthorne. There is an off chance that we might take a trip to Steamboat as the distance is about 90 miles and there has been no snow for the last four days. We have 7 skiing days left in Silverthorne with only Brenckenridge, Keystone, Arapahoe and Loveland to do. Distance wise it makes sense for us to visit Winter Park as it is nearer by about 40 miles.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
laundryman, extremely jealous - take a trip to Strawberry Park Hot Springs if you can, and give my regards to the 4Points Hut (if its still there)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arrived back from Winter Park in Colorado on Sunday and although the locals were complaining about the lack of snow this season, we timed it to perfection! Started snowing whilst we drove from Denver Int to Winter Park and got about 100 cm of fresh snow during our stay. Needless to say conditions were amazing with fresh lines on no less than 6 days out of 10!

We had a day out at Steamboat and really enjoyed it. It's a really nice 2 hr drive along US40 from WP with greats views going over Rabbit Ears Pass (-23 degrees f registered at the summit). Snow wasn't quite as good as Steamboat but the tree skiing was the best I've ever done. Very very jealous to be sat in my office now thinking about Colorado!

If you get chance book a day cat skiing with Powder Addiction at WP. We booked and ended up skiing knee deep powder all day - Awesome!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boris, had lunch there yesterday.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
About 6" fresh overnight. Nothing bashed, so variable snow all over the place. I quite like that. It's snowing again this evening.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blue skies and overnight snow today. Quite warm on most of the mountain.

Boris, another lunch at Four Points today and booked for Strawberry Springs tomorrow!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks for the posts laundryman...I am suppose to ski with a friend in Vail on Monday or Tuesday, but was giving some thought about heading up to Steamboat after that to take advantage of a couple of the 6 days I get at Steamboat on my RMSP+.

It has been warm this week, but the last 3 weeks have definitely been the best of the season.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More trails bashed today, so lots of carving plus some tree skiing today. Blue sky morning, but just started snowing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
On the slopes today:

And Strawberry Park Hot (and cold!) Springs this evening:

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very foggy today. Accidentally left the trail near the top of Storm Peak. There followed a mini off-piste adventure, through the trees, on steep-ish terrain. Mrs L coped admirably, for which I was mightily relieved. Embarassed

I've never seen so many telemarkers as here - most of them looking very good indeed.

The home run was pretty soft today. Dry snow up the mountain, set solid in places. One or two rough patches showing on bashed trails.

Last full day tomorrow. Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glorious day after early fog. A few inches of fresh, so great conditions on the peaks. Slushy from mid-mountain for the home run.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy